What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad Game

Stake Removed

First Grade
1. Kennedy
2. Katoa
3. Ramien
4. Tracey
5. Mulitalo
6. Moylan
7. Hynes.
8. Rudolf.
9. Brailey.
10. Finucane.
11. Graham.
12. Nikora.
13. McInness.

14. Trindall.
15. Uele.
16. Williams.
17. Wilton

1. Kennedy
2. Katoa
3. Tracey
4. Ramien
5. Mulitalo
6. Hynes
7. Trindall
8. Rudolf
9 . Brailey
10. Finucane
11. Nikora
12. Graham
13. McInnes

14. Moylan
15. Williams
16. BHU
17. Wilton

Bit random selecting this any pre-trial runs. I expect Fitz will favour incumbents to begin with but won't hesitate to try new/other members of the squad, so plenty of ins/outs over the first half of the season. Aiming to be settled on a regular 17 by the pointy end running up to finals footy. Obvs. Jets are gonna be stacked this year!

Last edited:

bluefox68

Staff member
Okay, this is my first shot at it…

1. Kennedy
2. Katoa
3. Ramien
4. Tracey
5. Mulitalo
6. Moylan
7. Hynes
8. Rudolf
9. Brailey
10. Finucane
11. Nikora
12. Graham (C)
13. McInnes

14. Hamlin Uele
15. Wilton
16. Williams
17. Trindall

I applaud everyone that has taken a guess at what the team will be. I ain't no gambler so I always sit back and look at the long card that is getting played out.
The trial team this week says a lot. I'm not going to look back to see who said it but whomever said it looks like there is some trials going up for a bench spot is spot on. The only main points of difference are who plays wing and centre? It looks like the majority think it's Noodles and Tracey. Ronnie looks like hes in unless injured, so it's out of Katoa and Matt I.
BHU vs Royce, Talakai vs Teigh.
Metcalf is another question mark. Has he got the no. 14 sewn up? Is he injured?
I think it is pretty clear after today's paper episode that Moyza and Nicho are the halves.
I have my ticket for next week's trial against the Dogs, they gave me two, I'm not sure if that's what everyone gets, if not, I have a spare to share.

I applaud everyone that has taken a guess at what the team will be. I ain't no gambler so I always sit back and look at the long card that is getting played out.
The trial team this week says a lot. I'm not going to look back to see who said it but whomever said it looks like there is some trials going up for a bench spot is spot on. The only main points of difference are who plays wing and centre? It looks like the majority think it's Noodles and Tracey. Ronnie looks like hes in unless injured, so it's out of Katoa and Matt I.
I think it is pretty clear after today's paper episode that Moyza and Nicho are the halves.
I have my ticket for next week's trial against the Dogs, they gave me two, I'm not sure if that's what everyone gets, if not, I have a spare to share.
Frenzy will come with you. He is always up for freebies!

DJDL

Bench

That's pretty much how I'm reading it.

azzah72

Bench
This is always tricky this time of the year, depends on who impresses in pre-season really but here goes:
(And not particularly what I would pick, just what I think may happen)

1. Kennedy
2. Tracey
3. Mulitalo
4. Ramien
5. Katoa
6. Hynes
7. Trindall
8. Tolman
9. Brailey
10. Finucane
11. Williams
12. Graham
13. McInnes

14. Talakai
15. Uele
16. Rudolf
17. Moylan
Given the suspension, I'll guess I'll have to put my final choice in.

1. Kennedy

2. Mulitalo

3. Tracey

4. Ramien

5. Katoa

6. Hynes

7. Moylan

8. Rudolph

9. Brailey

10. Finucane

11. Williams

12. Graham

13. McInnes

14. Talakai

15. Uele

16. Tolman

17. Wilton

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Without Trindall, I’m putting Metcalf on the bench. A zippy lad getting in an amongst tired forwards could be beneficial, then again Canberra are a massive side so another big body in Talakai could also work

coolumsharkie

Referee
Without Trindall, I’m putting Metcalf on the bench. A zippy lad getting in an amongst tired forwards could be beneficial, then again Canberra are a massive side so another big body in Talakai could also work
Makes more sense, swap roles with Tracey too. Trindall is going the way of the Flanno for mine anyway. I'm writing him off at this point.

Craigshark

First Grade
Makes more sense, swap roles with Tracey too. Trindall is going the way of the Flanno for mine anyway. I'm writing him off at this point.

I reckon Flanno had shown more at this point. Trindall just doesn’t look like he has it in him to make the step up

coolumsharkie

Referee
I reckon Flanno had shown more at this point. Trindall just doesn’t look like he has it in him to make the step up
Did you watch last nights trial match? Was like a bad acid trip for Dogs supporters and Kyle had the Reggies role at the back end of the game. Wow.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Tracey could end up in the 14, be interesting to see if Mulitalo gets time in the centres during trial if he does and plays great

Chimp

Bench
So, going from what I can see if the channel 9 promo team photos, if we presume we’ve sent our likely best squad - Hynes definitely has 7 on, Finucane 10 and McInnes 13… lots of photos of Kennedy, Ronnie and Katoa together, so they’re the back 3… Tracey is there and Ikavalu doesn’t appear to be there… both Moylan and Tricky there.. but, given Hynes is wearing 7, I now reckon;

1 - Kennedy
2 - Katoa
3 - Tracey
4 - Ramien
5 - Ronaldo
6 - Moylan
7 - Hynes
8 - Toby
9 - Brailey
10 - Finucane
11 - Nikora
12 - Graham
13 - McInnes

14 - Tricky
15 - BHU
16 - Williams
17 - Talakai
With Tricky suspended, and with the versatility in our starting 13, I’m saying the team above, but with Fifita (or Hunt) at 14 instead.

coolumsharkie

Referee
With Tricky suspended, and with the versatility in our starting 13, I’m saying the team above, but with Fifita (or Hunt) at 14 instead.
BHU
Talakai
Williams
Hunt or Fifita yep.

I thought by now Pele would be pushing for a spot until last weekend, Wiltons impact on the field wasn't as intense as Tala's for me.

chewsta

First Grade
Spewing about Mciness. On the bright side though, we finally get to see how this Dale Finucane kid goes at lock. I hope he makes the most of his opportunity.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Spewing about Mciness. On the bright side though, we finally get to see how this Dale Finucane kid goes at lock. I hope he makes the most of his opportunity.
Interesting stat I seen re Finucane in last 4 years has only played more then 20 games once