What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad Game

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
still yet to have a trial, so my final squad after reading much.

1. Kennedy
2. Mulitano (L)
3. Tracey (L)
4. Raimen (R)
5. Katoa (R)
6. Moylan (L)
7. Hynes (R)
8. Fifita
9. Brailey
10. Finucance
11. Nikora (R)
12. Graham (L)
13. McInnes

14. Trindall
15. Williams
16. Rudolf
17. Uele

Could be great. Jets have to be looking pretty good too.

Talakai for Williams if I had my choice.

Williams has bad hands.

Chimp

Bench

1. Kennedy
2. Mulitano (L)
3. Tracey (L)
4. Raimen (R)
5. Katoa (R)
6. Moylan (L)
7. Hynes (R)
8. Fifita
9. Brailey
10. Finucance
11. Nikora (R)
12. Graham (L)
13. McInnes

14. Trindall
15. Williams
16. Rudolf
17. Uele

Williams has bad hands.
Williams was our best forward by a country mile last year - has to be in the 17

chewsta

First Grade
Williams was unreal last year.
I honestly see big Royce Hunt as a bolter for the squad. He has so much size and potential it's ridiculous.
I reckon Fitzy will create an absolute monster out of Hunt.

DJDL

Bench
I honestly see big Royce Hunt as a bolter for the squad. He has so much size and potential it's ridiculous.

Agreed on all fronts.

The “Williams has bad hands” argument is a furphy. In year’s gone by maybe, but he’s improved out of sight.

As an example, last season he made 8 errors from 24 games played. BHU made 6 in 18 games, Toby 12 in 24, Nikora 17 in 22 and Talakai 11 in 15.

As you said, Williams was our best forward by a country mile last year.

Frenzy.

Immortal

1. Kennedy
2. Mulitano (L)
3. Tracey (L)
4. Raimen (R)
5. Katoa (R)
6. Moylan (L)
7. Hynes (R)
8. Fifita
9. Brailey
10. Finucance
11. Nikora (R)
12. Graham (L)
13. McInnes

14. Trindall
15. Williams
16. Rudolf
17. Uele

Williams had bad hands.

Williams made SFA handling errors last year. More in 2020 and dozens in 2019

He's on an upwards trajectory in that department

Frenzy.

Immortal
Agreed on all fronts.

The “Williams has bad hands” argument is a furphy. In year’s gone by maybe, but he’s improved out of sight.

As an example, last season he made 8 errors from 24 games played. BHU made 6 in 18 games, Toby 12 in 24, Nikora 17 in 22 and Talakai 11 in 15.

As you said, Williams was our best forward by a country mile last year.
Interesting. Who of these doubles up in the missed tackles department.

I can see Rudolf missing out until he polishes his game. He can't expect to survive the competition for spots as the fast man going nowhere anymore. He needs to make his plays count, especially in defence.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Interesting. Who of these doubles up in the missed tackles department.

I can see Rudolf missing out until he polishes his game. He can't expect to survive the competition for spots as the fast man going nowhere anymore. He needs to make his plays count, especially in defence.
Agree. The hair and funny guy character won’t get you far if you miss those tackles Toby.

“What interests my boss fascinates me”.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Being a funny bloke only gets you so far - ask Beau Ryan.
Funny I reckon Toby went backwards last year, while my pet hate Williams smashed it.
Hopefully the coach has some plan for him

Well when Toby re-signed Fitz had a say in it, so I reckon he knew what he was getting, and what he wants from him.

chewsta

First Grade
Toby will be fine. Most of Toby's missed tackles were him shooting out of the line and wacking a bloke to stop the momentum for the trailing defenders. Or to cover for Woods not making any attempt at all.
Dale and Cam, will keep him on a shorter leash.

Whoever is picked, Our forward pack is looking very mobile!

Chimp

Bench
I’m with you, if he can play as good as he looks, he’ll be immense.

Whilst I’ve not done it in my predicted team, I’m very much of the opinion that with Tracey in the centres, and McInnes at 13, we don’t need a utility on the bench. Any injuries in the backs and Tracey can shift from centre to any of the spots, with either Talakai/Nikora (or Wilton if in the 17) becoming the emergency centre. McInnes can cover for Brailey, or even push Brailey into halves if need be.
We have lots of ‘in game’ depth with the versatility of a number of our starting 13,
So let’s have 3 big boppers, plus Talakai on the bench…

Talakai
BHU
Williams
Hunt/Fifita

Some impact there

chewsta

First Grade

Whilst I’ve not done it in my predicted team, I’m very much of the opinion that with Tracey in the centres, and McInnes at 13, we don’t need a utility on the bench. Any injuries in the backs and Tracey can shift from centre to any of the spots, with either Talakai/Nikora (or Wilton if in the 17) becoming the emergency centre. McInnes can cover for Brailey, or even push Brailey into halves if need be.
We have lots of ‘in game’ depth with the versatility of a number of our starting 13,

Talakai
BHU
Williams
Hunt/Fifita

Some impact there

That is actually really good point about the depth on field covering the need for a utility on the bench. Means more big animals on the bench and fresher legs in an already very mobile and athletic forward pack. Good post 🤙

Stake Removed

First Grade

Talakai
BHU
Williams
Hunt/Fifita

Some impact there
Having 4 big boppers on bench as well early in season will help even more as players are not match fit, those few minutes less on field will help.

Frenzy.

Immortal
We should not discard the possibility that with the rule change around set restarts and the 3 amendments the game is likely to go up a gear, speed wise again. I wouldn't want 4 hulks on the bench or maybe not even in the 17. Not till the lay of the land is known.

I also have a feeling Fitz will be a horses for courses coach and select the forwards that suit the opposition each week.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
We should not discard the possibility that with the rule change around set restarts and the 3 amendments the game is likely to go up a gear, speed wise again. I wouldn't want 4 hulks on the bench or maybe not even in the 17. Not till the lay of the land is known.

I also have a feeling Fitz will be a horses for courses coach and select the forwards that suit the opposition each week.
Heard he got the CTRL, C and V buttons removed from his keyboard.

coolumsharkie

Referee
1 Kennedy
2 Katoa
3 Tracey
4 Ramien
5 Mulitalo
6 Moyan
7 Hynes
8 Finucane
9 Brailey
10 Rudolf
11 Nikora
12 Graham
13 Mcinnes

14 BHU
15 Williams
16 Wilton
17 Hunt

Pele, Talakai, Tolman, Fifita, Trindall, Metcalf
This is my final run on squad rnd 1.. Part of me wants to pick Tolman and Talakai based on his touted defensive mindset, which would mean Pele or Hunt miss out.

shaggs

Coach
1. Kennedy
2. Mulitalo
3. Tracey
4. Ramien
5. Ikavalu
6. Moylan
7. Hynes
8. Rudolf
9. Brailey
10. Finucane