What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad succession

Happy MEel

First Grade
Don’t both Norman and Moses go on the market in November? BA may be forced to make a call early. If Brisbane are serious, they may make a play for Moses for 2020 in November. Tough choice if it happens.
Is Brown a left or right side half?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Any half can play both sides but after long enough in first grade they will definitely be more effective on one side than the other. Brown has never played first grade so it probably doesn't matter. His right foot kick is obviously more useful on the right but there are plenty of left side halves who are right footed.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Any half can play both sides but after long enough in first grade they will definitely be more effective on one side than the other. Brown has never played first grade so it probably doesn't matter. His right foot kick is obviously more useful on the right but there are plenty of left side halves who are right footed.
I think it’s equally important which side he plays in defence.

Noise

Coach
Surely merkins can tackle either side of the field ... its more an issue of preferred passing hand and kicking i think

Every merkin has a dominant shoulder they prefer to hit with. And hitting with that shoulder (left or right) is easier from a particular side.

Similar to their preferred kicking / passing hand/foot. They can all do it both ways but one way will be much easier.

strider

Post Whore
Yeah I said more but probably meant equally. Players def have a stronger side defensively...particularly on the edge.
Only cos they get shoehorned into it .... i think adjusting defensively would be far easier then the preferred kicking/passing/stepping/fending part of things

Noise

Coach
Only cos they get shoehorned into it .... i think adjusting defensively would be far easier then the preferred kicking/passing/stepping/fending part of things

You reckon? I can spiral pass both ways just about as good as each other. But if some merkin ran at my left side I would make Sandow look like Trevor Gillmeister.

Edit: if some merkin ran at my right side the same result would occur