What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad succession

I'm not sold based on sources posted so far that both parties have to agree for a MO - otherwise it's just the same as negotiating a new/extended contract, and hence pointless.

I think it's more far more likely a MO means a situation where there is a CO at the higher (current salary) price and also/then a PO at a lower (potentially minimum) price.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm not sold based on sources posted so far that both parties have to agree for a MO - otherwise it's just the same as negotiating a new/extended contract, and hence pointless.

I think it's more far more likely a MO means a situation where there is a CO at the higher (current salary) price and also/then a PO at a lower (potentially minimum) price.
Welcome to 2024

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't think that phrase means what some are taking it to mean.

It's a very unclear phrase that can be read to support both proposed interpretations of what an MO actually is.
I think it shows NRL media is run by staff 'journos' who don't understand what a PO is and don't have the curiosity to consider what it might actually mean. The best (and really only) explanation is that there is both a PO and CO in effect.

I think it shows NRL media is run by staff 'journos' who don't understand what a PO is and don't have the curiosity to consider what it might actually mean. The best (and really only) explanation is that there is both a PO and CO in effect.
I wouldn't even call NRL website pages like that "media" - it's largely static content, in some cases I suspect poorly written by "comms people". A journalist never sets foot near that stuff.

Latest posts