What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sri Lanka vs India 3 Test Series - 2017

Bazal

Post Whore
Purely by accident I noticed this starts in about 10 minutes on Fox Sports 507....probably not worth individual match threads but it's a godsend for a bloke sitting on the couch struggling to do a 20 page uni assignment!

Bazal

Post Whore
Dhawan brings up a very good hundred. Should cement his spot over that plodder Mukund.

India 1/158

TheParraboy

Staff member
Jeez I hope I'm typing the uni better than I typed that title....

Cant see anything wrong with the title bud ;)

Hopefully SLs batsman can pile on the runs like they did against us and make this series competitive at least. Don't think Herath will have anywhere near the success against India as he did against us

Gunaratna broken thumb, SL one batsman down

India 1/166

Bazal

Post Whore
Thx PB.

The way India are batting they could score a thousand if they were so inclined

Iafeta

Referee
Sri Lanka have a horrible pop gun attack. I genuinely fear for them once Herath calls it quits. Someone will knock up 400 against the rest of them.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Kholi out for 3, he has been out of form for a while now did nothing in our 4 test series over there

Ind 3/320
Dharwan 190 scored over 100 runs in the middle session
Pujara 104no

Bazal

Post Whore
draw coming up

You reckon?

India will win. They've scored 400 odd in a day, they can declare with three and a half days to go at about 550-600 at this rate....Sri Lanka only have ten players, Ashwin and Jadeja on a crumbling wicket will ensure India win well. Probably without having to bat again.

Bazal

Post Whore
Pradeep has been fantastic.... 5/88 in a score of 7/500 and counting is a pretty remarkable effort

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Mendis has talent but he's not going to be in the same class as some of their greats of the past like they thought.

vvvrulz

Coach
The Lankans are about has bad as they've ever been since the Ranatunga era.

A lot of that blame needs to go on the selectors who failed to groom anyone other than Mathews in the last decade or so when their ageing stars were doing all the heavy lifting.

Compare that to India right now, most of these guys were brought in young and had an opportunity to learn their trade alongside Dravid, Sachin, Kumble, Zaheer Khan etc. The transition was much smoother.

That said though, India will tank hard outside of the sub-continent unless the tracks are tailor made for them. I hope the latter does not happen.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
World cricket is the worst it's ever been in general,all these teams are hopeless,there isn't one good team.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Third test, India won toss

were 0/188, finished stumps day 1 - 6/329

No Jadeja this test, and Ashwin is out for 31, a quick early wicket Day 2 and India could get bowled out for 350-370ish