What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

St George Illawarra Dragons

No, this isn't another Choke thread. This is a thread to applaud a great season. Well done to the Dragons who have been the best side all season. If there was any justice, you would be announced as co-champions with the Grand Final winners.

So even though you weren't the most in form team in a 4 week period, and therefore fell short of a premiership, you still played awesome footy all year, going from a team noone talked about as a Premeriship threat, to playing Champagne footy through the middle part of the season.

Well done to Wayne Bennett too who closed the mouths of the haters, proving that he can make a different club successful.

andrew057

First Grade
While I think that the Bulldogs were the best team for the 26 rounds, I agree with your sentiments. Was a pleasure watching them this year and aside from the unfortunate ending, they had a good year.

user_nat

Coach
Good year for them. I don't think many people would have predict minor premiers at the start of the year. Its unfortunate that they hit some bad form at the wrong time.

Thanks mate. I enjoyed watching the Dragons under Bennett, he has really impressed me with his calmness. The last 5 weeks were pretty awful to watch but we showed signs earlier that we have a team that can win. Last year we scraped into the finals and went out without anyone noticing so at least this year people are paying attention lol.

ostrich20

Juniors
No, this isn't another Choke thread. This is a thread to applaud a great season. Well done to the Dragons who have been the best side all season. If there was any justice, you would be announced as co-champions with the Grand Final winners.

So even though you weren't the most in form team in a 4 week period, and therefore fell short of a premiership, you still played awesome footy all year, going from a team noone talked about as a Premeriship threat, to playing Champagne footy through the middle part of the season.

Well done to Wayne Bennett too who closed the mouths of the haters, proving that he can make a different club successful.

Don't start with that, there will become a push for it....

Southernsaint

Staff member
And well done to all the Saints fans who travelled up to Queensland on very short notice and supported the team with passion and class.

Bring on 2010.

How condesending. Hate the Dragons but hate the Broncos just as much. The Broncos fans pretend to be all nice but in reality they sitting back in their recliners, sip their fine wines and pat themselves on the back because they support such a successful club that takes but never gives. Patronising thread.

How condesending. Hate the Dragons but hate the Broncos just as much. The Broncos fans pretend to be all nice but in reality they sitting back in their recliners, sip their fine wines and pat themselves on the back because they support such a successful club that takes but never gives. Patronising thread.

right on man. You're half right. While i mean what I say about the Dragons. When it comes to the Broncos I'm arrogant as f**k, and I wont apologize about it. So bring on the hate buddy, I love it.

Didnt pay attention to this. Co-champions after losing 5 of the their last 6 games? Going a bit overboard there alfie.

yet they WON THE LEAGUE. in nearly any other sport, they would be champions. Just because they had a form slump at the wrong time, shouldnt take away from the fact that they were the best team this season.

Kiki

First Grade
thanks for this thread, i totally needed it right now.

they may have crashed and burned in the end but i am bloody proud of my boys and cant believe how well they did this year. i love em to death

ostrich20

Juniors
yet they WON THE LEAGUE. in nearly any other sport, they would be champions. Just because they had a form slump at the wrong time, shouldnt take away from the fact that they were the best team this season.

That's essentially giving credit to a horse who leads the pack for most of the race and dies on the straight.

The dragons did have a great year, but in the end it counts for nothing, more of a missed opportunity because they had the position, the coach and the squad to win it all.

andrew057

First Grade

Maybe. But if there was "any justice" like you said, wouldnt the Dogs have "WON THE LEAGUE"?

Latest posts