What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

St George Illawarra Dragons

Lambretta

First Grade
I think that because that was for most Storm players, their first Grand Final, the nerves of te occasion got to them. But timed with Shaun Berrigans near perfect form at hooker and Justin Hodges killing it at fullback and Darren Lockyer in career best form for the weeks leading up to the GF, it was just good timing on Brisbanes part and bad timing on Melbournes part.

Well that and three of the most bizarre refereeing decisions I've ever seen in my life which completely turned the game on it's head and gave the Broncos a lead they didn't deserve.

Was a terrible game from that point of view. I've never seen a team more dudded in my life than the Storm were that day.

Anyway, this thread is about the Dragons. I have to say that the Dragons played brilliantly all year, but dropped the ball when it counted and I for one feel for their supporters. I was actually cheering for the Dragons last week and I genuinely felt sorry for their fans having to sit through that terrible performance. Being a Roosters supporter, I'm all too aware of terrible performances and that wasn't worthy of the Dragons.

Shorty

Staff member
It was a great season but I'm sure it's hard for fans to swallow that.
I think they'll continue their good form next year.

Frustrated Fan

Juniors
I have been a Dragons basher but i have to confess some admiration for them.
I note the game they lost against the Raiders. Their first half defensive effort was very impressive.... They displayed a ton of character. Unfortunately for them and their fans that is what tipped them over the top and then they were flat at the wrong time of year.
I reckon Wayne Bennet is a champion in his own right and Jamie Soward has the best kicking game in the comp when he is in form.
After saying all that. I also reckon this year they won some games they shouldn't have due to some bullsh*t refereeing. They should never have been minor premiers but if they can find form at the right time of year, they can deffinitely win the premiership within the next few years.

Latest posts