What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

St George v Manly

thebigredv

First Grade
Do keep in mind although they had a player sin binned, we had zero ball and some friendly Manly penalties during that period, plus Evans was smart kicking to the sun. Wouldn't read too much into that start to 2nd half, although it was scary.

giboz71

First Grade
Dufty's support play was outstanding as well. He was always in and around the ball Billy Slater like. Something we've missed for 4 years with Duges as our FB.

Speed and ball skills from FB just gives us a totally new dimension we haven't seen in forever. We scored 50 against one of the form teams in the comp who were firmly entrenched in the top 4.

I'm not going to gloat and say I told you so just yet, but if Dufty continues like his debut, I won't need to say anything.

OzDragon

Coach
Get-Duffed-Duff-Beer-T-Shirt-Simpsons.jpg

mbk78

Juniors
Dufty didn't seem isolated in defence either. Not sure if that was just good luck or if if outside backs took care of that. Can anyone comment?

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Jezz I was getting peeved after 15mins of the second half..shamefully I said to my wife if we lose this after being 30 up Im not watching another game this year..the Nene catch from the bomb turned things back around again thankfully...huge play in the state of the game......Duftys pace in the backline and his dodging and weaving then accelerating is exactely whats been missing...he puts the defence in two minds and created room for Lafai

Life's Good

Coach
Dufty didn't seem isolated in defence either. Not sure if that was just good luck or if if outside backs took care of that. Can anyone comment?
Manly scored tries close to the line so his positioning wasn't tested a great deal. His positioning on kicks and in general seemed fine though. He looked at home.

Last edited:
Dufty's support play was outstanding as well. He was always in and around the ball Billy Slater like. Something we've missed for 4 years with Duges as our FB.

Speed and ball skills from FB just gives us a totally new dimension we haven't seen in forever. We scored 50 against one of the form teams in the comp who were firmly entrenched in the top 4.

I'm not going to gloat and say I told you so just yet, but if Dufty continues like his debut, I won't need to say anything.
Dufty's performance really puts all the talk about size and being ready for FG to bed once and for all.
The young forwards did well too.
Conclusion: let the youngsters loose!
Had we introduced Dufty a lot earlier, our position on the ladder may have been much improved.