What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

St George v Manly

Life's Good

Coach
Forum will be quiet tonight after a dragons win. 52 points against Manly.
Forum doesn't like that kind of result.
Cmon Crush. The forum doesn't like being served a sh*t sandwich when all we ask for is a ham & cheese roll. The scoreline suggests the players took control of that match as the game plan went out the window/was non existent.
A good result but it doesn't turn us into premiership contenders. Just go back a week or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5.

True_Believer

Juniors
Dufty didn't seem isolated in defence either. Not sure if that was just good luck or if if outside backs took care of that. Can anyone comment?

I don't think he was isolated, but he might need some work positionally in defence. As an example, that first try he seemed to be just watching it happen. Walker still had to do a little to get the ball over and he looked to be running away from the tackle.

Having said that, any deficiencies he has in defence, he makes up for in attack.

Gareth67

First Grade
I had to have a bit of a chuckle a few minutes ago . Watching Nines footy and Ray Warren was saying what a unbelievable score for the Dragons against the plucked Eagles . He said to the viewers that it was no mistake , the Dragons had prevailed over Manly by that MASSIVE score .

As he finished , someone , I don't know whom , said the Manly side was hit with injuries ( ? ) and Warren said that " we are talking about a score line of over 50 points " . Well spoken Ray and to the imbecile who mentioned the injuries, we also had Duges out and had our own walking wounded - Fizzell and Packer with pain killers .

That score will live not only in our memories , but also the Manly supporters for many years to come , how wonderful !

OzDragon

Coach
I had to have a bit of a chuckle a few minutes ago . Watching Nines footy and Ray Warren was saying what a unbelievable score for the Dragons against the plucked Eagles . He said to the viewers that it was no mistake , the Dragons had prevailed over Manly by that MASSIVE score .

As he finished , someone , I don't know whom , said the Manly side was hit with injuries ( ? ) and Warren said that " we are talking about a score line of over 50 points " . Well spoken Ray and to the imbecile who mentioned the injuries, we also had Duges out and had our own walking wounded - Fizzell and Packer with pain killers .

That score will live not only in our memories , but also the Manly supporters for many years to come , how wonderful !
Think it was Gould. He's just salty as our result is bad for the panfers

Crush

Coach
Cmon Crush. The forum doesn't like being served a sh*t sandwich when all we ask for is a ham & cheese roll. The scoreline suggests the players took control of that match as the game plan went out the window/was non existent.
A good result but it doesn't turn us into premiership contenders. Just go back a week or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5.
Why do you think that there was not a gameplan? Why do you think it was non-existent?

dragonssamy61

First Grade

Well said Gareth.
We were also missing tommo

Life's Good

Coach
Why do you think that there was not a gameplan? Why do you think it was non-existent?
Maybe I am being a bit harsh because we did look good in the 1st half. The start of the 2nd half turned to sh*t pretty quickly and fortunately a few players stepped up. Of course I am happy with the win but it doesn't erase 6-7 weeks of insipid uninspiring performances.

Crush

Coach
Maybe I am being a bit harsh because we did look good in the 1st half. The start of the 2nd half turned to sh*t pretty quickly and fortunately a few players stepped up. Of course I am happy with the win but it doesn't erase 6-7 weeks of insipid uninspiring performances.
Mate, lets just enjoy the win. I agree its just one win but I am going to enjoy it. I still cannot believe Mary picked Dufty at fullback! Im in shock! Finally he rolled the dice!

Life's Good

Coach
Mate, lets just enjoy the win. I agree its just one win but I am going to enjoy it. I still cannot believe Mary picked Dufty at fullback! Im in shock! Finally he rolled the dice!
Mate, I am over the moon considering our past 6/7 weeks. I just don't want this to be a Chinese meal. Satisfied now but hungry again very soon. Anyway, time for dinner!

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Forum will be quiet tonight after a dragons win. 52 points against Manly.
Forum doesn't like that kind of result.

Crush, I am really delighted to be able to congratulate you on your pre-game confidence and that of others like Blood Shot Eyes. But I can assure you I am just as happy to dissect a good result as much as a poor one. I am sure that goes for a lot of others on the Forum. Yes, after awhile, you can pick up the names of those who just like to have a whinge but then you can easily skip their posts.

I have been out of the country for 7 weeks with internet so poor I have not even had vision of the highlights packages in that time. But miraculously today I could pick up the replays of some of the tries scored through the Sydney MH website. However I continue to rely on the Forum to gain a better understanding of the team's performance.

I am positively thrilled by what I can gather of Matt Dufty's performance. I have watched his highlights reel many times, have seen him play 4-5 games in U/20s and a similar number this year in NSW Cup before I left the country. The step up to NSW Cup has meant he doesn't get the latitude to run the length of the field to score like in the 20s. But I have seen him play like Boyd used to, setting up his outside players in a way Dugan can't. And he has the ability to slice through a hole. I gather he showed some of these attributes today.

I never make a claim to expertise in rugby league. I am a Dragons fanatic and not a rugby league strategist. I was a rugby player in my youth and only played a couple of games of league. So I do feel entitled to ask, if it has been so easy for me and others to observe Dufty's qualities how blind is Mary who has the boy at training 5 or 6 days/week and must have seen him play countless times?