What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

St George v Manly

dungay dragon

Juniors
Got to love your league... reading these posts from Page 13 onwards with the rollercoaster of emotions.... Fantastic... great to Matt D get over the line .... fantastic game .... well done..
Things all of a sudden looking so much brighter !!!!!!
Love the way Dufty follows the ball everywhere behind our playmakers . Very Slaterish...Speed Speed Speed
Outstanding Debut..And we still have still Dugan and Thommo to come back in...
Some pleasant headaches for Mary in coming weeks

thebigredv

First Grade
We need the speed. It is as simple as that. Dufty's size may be an issue from time to time but we have never scored 50 with Dugan playing a game. Dugan's defence is awesome but if we are to go to the next level, Dufty, or someone with his speed and skill is needed.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Dufty didn't seem isolated in defence either. Not sure if that was just good luck or if if outside backs took care of that. Can anyone comment?
Yes I noticed that but McCinnes
I hate giving praise at half time but - Well done BSE and Crush. Youz done us all proud!!!
Ha ha thanks mate but shit nearly had egg on the face after 12mins of the second half....go the mighties

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
We need the speed. It is as simple as that. Dufty's size may be an issue from time to time but we have never scored 50 with Dugan playing a game. Dugan's defence is awesome but if we are to go to the next level, Dufty, or someone with his speed and skill is needed.
Sssshhhhh Mary might hear you and drop him next week mate

TomRedVRiver

Bench
On a side note, you know who really showed up today? Macdonald. He was enormous.

Strong runs out of dummy half, putting Aitken away off that break and kick, and when the game was at 30-22 and we were looking shell-shocked... He took that unbelievable mark in the in-goal to give us a 7 tackle set and we scored off the next play to stop Manly's momentum.

Take a bow Nene.

getsmarty

Immortal
On a side note, you know who really showed up today? Macdonald. He was enormous.

Strong runs out of dummy half, putting Aitken away off that break and kick, and when the game was at 30-22 and we were looking shell-shocked... He took that unbelievable mark in the in-goal to give us a 7 tackle set and scored off the next play to stop Manly's momentum.

Take a bow Nene.

That take was enormous in the flow of the game. Changed the Game I.M.H.O...

Strong runs out of dummy half, putting Aitken away off that break and kick, and when the game was at 30-22 and we were looking shell-shocked... He took that unbelievable mark in the in-goal to give us a 7 tackle set and we scored off the next play to stop Manly's momentum.

Take a bow Nene.
Agree 100%. He's getting better every week

giboz71

First Grade
Dufty's performance really puts all the talk about size and being ready for FG to bed once and for all.
The young forwards did well too.
Conclusion: let the youngsters loose!
Had we introduced Dufty a lot earlier, our position on the ladder may have been much improved.

I wasn't necessarily sold on Dufty.

I just knew we needed a different skill set from FB. Not a 100kg perennially injured running fullback with not a lot of speed, no passing game nor support play.

Dufty introduced some of those skills to our attack for the first time in 4 years. 50 points against a top 4 team was the result.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Dufty's performance really puts all the talk about size and being ready for FG to bed once and for all.
Had we introduced Dufty a lot earlier, our position on the ladder may have been much improved.[/QUOTE

I think Ive said many times Canterbury had a diminitive fullback in Les Johns but jeez he he could play

Dragsters

First Grade
Had we introduced Dufty a lot earlier, our position on the ladder may have been much improved.

Indeed.

There were plenty of us in here calling for him to be there during origin and there were even some of that had him in our round 1 teams with Dugan at centre.

Having said that, the run of games for Illawarra would have helped his confidence.

I really hope he goes on with it...

Crush

Coach

Take a bow Nene.
How good was Nene!!?
Great effort Macdonald.
All those who wanted to drop kick him (old timer) WRONG!
Dragons were fantastic today. Aitken makes a difference. Dufty made a difference. Widdop played very well. SIMS was great.
52 POINTS. All those who want to draw comparisons between last year should look at how many points we are scoring compared to last year.

giboz71

First Grade
Indeed.

There were plenty of us in here calling for him to be there during origin and there were even some of that had him in our round 1 teams with Dugan at centre.

Having said that, the run of games for Illawarra would have helped his confidence.

I really hope he goes on with it...

I actually think the timing is good.

Dufty needed time in NSW Cup and ease him into the rigours of FG. From all accounts he did well and deserved his promotion.

There is 7 games left and we have a favourable draw. We're still in the 8 with the opportunity to climb the ladder.

Introducing him now serves us well for this year as well as next.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
How good was Nene!!?
Great effort Macdonald.
All those who wanted to drop kick him (old timer) WRONG!
Dragons were fantastic today. Aitken makes a difference. Dufty made a difference. Widdop played very well. SIMS was great.
52 POINTS. All those who want to draw comparisons between last year should look at how many points we are scoring compared to last year.
Sorry to gloat Crush but we did tell all on here we would win this one...well done partner

Drag Queen

Bench
I wasn't necessarily sold on Dufty.

I just knew we needed a different skill set from FB. Not a 100kg perennially injured running fullback with not a lot of speed, no passing game nor support play.

Dufty introduced some of those skills to our attack for the first time in 4 years. 50 points against a top 4 team was the result.
I was of the same opinion but happy to be proven wrong. The whole team performed extremely well for 60 minutes :)

hewi

Bench
How good also was Frizzell? Two weeks off he was back to his best. IMO need to give Packer, LAM, JDB a rest alsombeforebthe finals.