What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

St George v Manly

Gareth67

First Grade
He is lucky to be in first grade if they had other options he shouldn't be.

Punt the bloke to the Cutters and promote big Mose . Who knows , maybe the transition to the 1st grade side will get his orse into gear and play as well as Duffy did on his debut ? However I must agree that Packers form is a worry .

Not only is he not putting the effort in now , but it places more pressure on his teammates to carry the workload . Unless the hip injury is still a concern . That being the case give him a weeks rest and hopefully he will return to his form of old .

Lewish33

Juniors
Punt the bloke to the Cutters and promote big Mose . Who knows , maybe the transition to the 1st grade side will get his orse into gear and play as well as Duffy did on his debut ? However I must agree that Packers form is a worry .

Not only is he not putting the effort in now , but it places more pressure on his teammates to carry the workload . Unless the hip injury is still a concern . That being the case give him a weeks rest and hopefully he will return to his form of old .
Mose's already gone to the Superleague.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Great game to be at despite the nervous moments and well played Dufty. We came out very timid in the 2nd half and glad it was turned back around again.
Packer seems to be lazy and below par at present. Vaughan was awesome and got them going forward again and offloading when he came back on for Packer. You could really see the difference he made.

Agree LAM also strong today

Ted bartolo

Juniors
Lielua is the person who would step if got a chance in first grade..But he would need a good coach like Bennet or Bellamy to guide himand give him confidence.He has the size speed and skills

Old Timer

Coach
A great day indeed and well done young Dufty you were very solid indeed and showed great vision, poise and composure not to mention pace and illusiveness..
Young Host also excelled today and really relished playing long minutes which let him get right into the pace of the game.
Widdop started looking for him and he ran a great line for his try and was a bit unlucky to miss one a little earlier (and also last week).
It is great, fantastic, encouraging that we have seen something today that should alter the mindset of the coaching staff but will it actually do that?
If Dugan and Thompson had been fit today who would have missed out and how would the structure of the team and game changed?
Many have been calling out for changes like this to happen and now that it has will be overjoyed.
Let's hope Mary goes with the momentum achieved today, shows his faith in todays team and goes with them again next week.
Have to feel ever so sorry for Mann as again he was pushed to the bench but when he came on again he showed his great footwork and also his strength in defence he really does deserve a starting spot IMO.
For most it'll be a nervous wait until next Tuesday afternoon to see which way it will all go.
Well done Dragons looking very much forward to a repeat effort.

Dragsters

First Grade

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Not to be too negative, but Packers defensive effort is really pissing me off lately. Lazy arm grabs and slow to get back into place. He's not the same player he was before his contract with tigers
Pretty sure he is carrying injuries. At this time of year it would be unnatural for a few forwards not to be pushing themselves to get on the field. Or... he could just be looking to his next contract, but I reckon injuries is a more plausible explanation.

Drakon

Juniors
Packer not up to his best. He was a touch and go proposition for today's game after all.

But he brings something to the team. I especially liked the encouragement he gave Dufty in the dressing room before the game and did you notice who Dufty was standing next to during the team song? Packer.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I liked Matt Dufty's words in his interview:- 'It's an honour to play in the Red V really'

That's the sort of player I want representing the team. I know Lawrie and Host feel the same way too.
He had a grin the size of the Harbour Bridge afterwards. He just debuted in First Grade and scored a try to boot. Good on him!

It'll get harder for Dufty now as the opposition work him out, but he'll only get better for the experience.

mickeylane

Bench
Captain obvious here: I think we have the wood on Manly - 90-30 in just 2 games this year!!
The dragons are coming and just in time - I think we are good for 4 wins min and if Dufty stays at FB a revigoratepd attack that can put on points and an electrifying full back who actually looks undefendable and who will only get better by the years end..