What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star American Players in AMNRL

BatiFan

Juniors
We have all heard about all the Aussie and Kiwi imports to this years AMNRL competition, but what about all the local talent. I wfor one would be interested to hear more about the best of the born and bred American talent rather than second rate antipodean players. Dont get me wrong, I think it is great that imports are showing an enthusiasm to play and teach the game in the USA, but I think for the development of the sport in America that the local American players need to be promoted more.

So for those posters involved with the AMNRL, could you please inform us all of the various teams top 3 American players? That would be most appreciated.

lloydy

Juniors
The CT Wildcats, although they do have some great imported talent, also have a wealth of local talent as well. Most of whom are quite young as the team management linked up with a couple of local uni's.

Will Brazier, Gareth Carlton, Innocent McGuire, Curtis Cunz, Charles Rizzo, Mike Schultz and Mike Lee are all great players who are all local products and all young and have a great future in the game.

The Wildcats also had last weekend about 4 brand new recruits in their squad who were mostly college age.
Hopefully these younger local kids will learn from the more experienced imports and be the future of the game.

BatiFan

Juniors
Thanks Lloydy, can you please tell me what positions and the ages of the players you mentioned?

roopy

Referee
USAleague26.jpg

USAleague25.jpg

USAleague22.jpg

I think those three guys are all American born.

Tomahawk

Staff member
Would have to go with the Shayne "The Chief" Mains as the best American player in the AMNRL comp. Even know he will be limited this year compaed to years past, most people will agree. Other Ameicans you have to mention in my opinion would be;

Erik Hollingsworth
Ed Woodbridge
Mike Edwards
Chris Craig
Toni Fabri
Brian Warren
Fred Braccus
Greg Stallutti
Jeff Preston

And thier are many more I am forgetting.

PS - Sorry if I spelled any names wrong

lloydy

Juniors
Each team has some good local talent, however I was concentrating on our younger guys.

Will Brazier Prop 21
Mike Schultz Prop 19
Charles Rizzo Hook/1/2 back 19
Innocent Mcguire Winger 19
Curtis Cunz winger 21
Gareth Carlton Winger 21
Mike Lee Prop ?

Mike Lee posts on the forum so he may adjust some of the ages but they're about right. Also we are working on our new website and will hopefully have updated player profiles..etc soon. www.wildcatsrugby.com.

Also fourplay we play on regular size fields, I think they didn't widen the field in Philadelphia to regulation size to give the US an advantage!!

Lloydy

Tomahawk

Staff member
Couple add ons

New York Knights - Ryan Colman
New Jersey Sharks - Zach Padett & Fred Koniecki

Up and comming Bulls players

Brian "Bucko" Cofner
Ryan "Bird Man" Kiniry

roopy

Referee
I was really impressed with Will Brazier in the test match against Aus. He looks a big and mobile guy - he could do with some fitness training - but he looked like he had all the natural attributes to play really well as a forward.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
What about Ian Blake, who's playing with Toowomba atm?

Others I'd like to know out of that Australia game, JC Brocker, Rick Daltone, Brett Kelly, Christian Rauhui.

roopy

Referee
Ben Kelly is an Aussie who played Premier League for Saint George I think. He has played two seasons of AMNRL after joining from France I think.
He played his first season for the Wildcats, then became the guy behind the Raiders when they split away from the 'Cats. He seems to have the Raiders competitive this year too.

slow frontrower

Juniors
Roopy, in your pictures they were, Nate Smith, Roger Toumoloua (kiwi with us citizenship, he is also in the Player pool for the USA union team), and Perry Vaught.

The Philly Fight had some great you blokes show at the 7's, not sure what their names are. The raiders have Jeremy Kosbob.

The Wildcats do lead the way with young domestic players, Gareth Gibbs and Will Brasier had great games against the Roos....., Will has trimmed down a bit and looks a little more mobile, he maybe heading down under in Late 05 to give it a real go with a team down under, maybe Jim Beam cup or Qld Cup. Innocent McGuire is young and very quick who seems to find himself in the Try zone in every game he plays in and Charles Rizzo has great hands and is a great dummy half in the making.

I think Tomahawk covered the older Domestic Players pretty well.

slow frontrower

Juniors
Also Curtis Cunz is a gridiron/Union convert that is going to Turn heads. He's about 95Kg 6'1", fast as lightning, and hard player. He's gonna play wing for that cats and the best way to describe him is an American version of Lote Tuqiri.

BatiFan

Juniors
Great to hear about the Wildcats. They are doing a great job in recruiting quality young players. Well done, hopefully the other teams will follow suit.