What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star junior on the way to Parramatta

Iafeta

Referee
I see Carl has informed you all of crack Junior Kiwis centre Josh Davis' prodigious displays back in New Zealand.

Well, not only mark Josh down, but mark down another gun of the future. This guy has it all, but alas has had some problems with injuries. He is from the Marist-Richmond club and last year earnt a 3 year deal with the Warriors, but staggeringly the club has now released him.

His name is Marcus Perenara. He is a goal kicking halfback/five eighth. He has an absolute truckload of potential, nice long passing and kicking game plus for a small bloke he can lay on a hit. He and Jerome Ropati have been the best Bartercard combination for some time, and they're both only very, very young.

Apparently he will join brother Henry at Parramatta for next season and beyond. Absolutely guttered to lose him, he is a real good talent. I'm sure another PJ, Joe Galuvao, Sonny-Bill Williams sham that will come back and bite the club big time.

AlexTheEel

Juniors
yeah it was tipped last week that Marcus may be on the way but Henry as well is a surprise. Looks very promising for Parra.

Iafeta

Referee
Apparently. According to the NZherald. Mark my words, this bloke has test superstar written all over him.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Well Henry is currently with the Dragons from memory so either

the paper got the team wrong and Marcus has signed with the Dragons or both Henry and Marcus have signed with Parra.

Armit Boys for the Pernara Boys

Let's vote people

AlexTheEel

Juniors
I found this from an article earlier in the year:

"When the Warriors made a discreet bid for St George Illawarra's Henry Perenara last off-season, it wasn't because coach Daniel Anderson felt he needed another back-rower - it was out of fear that the club may lose his younger brother, Marcus.

As the saying goes, blood is thicker than water, and Marcus Perenara - an 18-year-old five-eighth/halfback identified as one of the best young prospects in New Zealand - was considering crossing the Tasman to play alongside Henry.

"It's not that we don't think Henry is a good player, but I guess our main motivation was to try and make sure we kept Marcus," Warriors chief executive Mick Watson said yesterday."

Hurriflatch

Referee
I'd like it if both have signed for Parra but will still be awaiting official confirmation. It's not you I don't trust Iafeta it's the NZ Herald

Iafeta

Referee
Bingo Alex. Hasn't played NRL largely due to two injuries. I'm dead set sure he would have been playing last weekend barring injury, and much like Cooper Vuna would have played with high enthusiasm and been able to hold his head high. Its remarkable that at the Warriors this year its been the relative newbies or no names like Wairangi Koopu, the Anderson brothers and on the weekend Cooper Vuna who can really hold their heads high.

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Whats the Warriors fans opinion of Villasanti? I thinkhe has been trying hard in recent times but probably hasn't shown his best form this year.

Phillips

Referee
great news :clap:

if its true about his brother Henry joining us too then im more then happy, he was one player i wanted us to sign

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
its good to see that we are not the only feeder club to the other NRL clubs

Hurriflatch

Referee
Well, the SMH have kinda picked this up but at this stage are just saying "linked"

PARRAMATTA Henry Perenara and his brother Marcus have been linked with the Eels for next season. Marcus, an 18-year-old halfback once seen as heir apparent to Stacey Jones at the Warriors, has reportedly been released from the final two years of his contract to join Henry, who is now with the Dragons, at Parramatta.

Pazza

First Grade
Henry Perenara is a lock isnt he?

How many more back rowers could we buy? Is Mateo ever going to get a first grade spot.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Lock/2nd rower

never can have too much depth I guess

but I haven't seen these confirmed anywhere else other then the NZ Herald.

bartman

Immortal
Thanks Iafeta. Nothing like good young prospects in league.

Parramatta's pretty Kiwi friendly I think? When I worked locally I had access to population estimates etc that put Kiwis and Pacific Islanders as the highest growth in migrations to Parramatta area since the 2001 census. Particularly Guildford and Granville from memory...

Latest posts