What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting 17 for 2012 ?

Skitz68

Juniors
I know it's a long way till the start of the season but I'd love to hear a few opinions on what the starting 17 for next season might look like . Taking into account Reddy , Grant , Blair , Bell and the fact that Moltzen is staying and Lui on the outer .

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
I'll have a crack.

Not specifically my team, but its what I reckon Shines will be aiming for when fully fit:

1 Reddy
2 Lote
3 Lawrence
4 Ayshford
5 Ryan
6 Benji
7 Molz
8 Galloway
9 Farah
10 Blair
11 Ellis
12 Fulton
13 Heigington

14 Bell
15 Woods
16 Ben MM
17 ??

Magpie Tragic

Juniors
I'll have a crack.

Not specifically my team, but its what I reckon Shines will be aiming for when fully fit:

1 Reddy
2 Lote
3 Lawrence
4 Ayshford
5 Ryan
6 Benji
7 Molz
8 Galloway
9 Farah
10 Blair
11 Ellis
12 Fulton
13 Heigington

14 Bell
15 Woods
16 Ben MM
17 ??

No Groat???? Plus I REALLY hope Lote performs this year as 2011 was a wasted year for him.....otherwise give one of the young blokes a run

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
Sheens would never go with 4 props on the bench.

For the first time in a long while we are long props and short back rowers!

gronkathon

First Grade
Reddy will play backrow off the bench and also cover the utility in that regard IMHO knowing Sheens

Magpie Tragic

Juniors
Sheens would never go with 4 props on the bench.

For the first time in a long while we are long props and short back rowers!

I didn't necessarily mean Groat on the bench, I was referring to his omission from the 17 entirely??? Also no Brown mentioned, is he staying or going???

Das Hassler

Bench
WT's with 7 current Internationals in the side...2 years ago it was just Benji and Ellis...who'd of ever thought it.

I'll have a crack.

1 Reddy
2 Lote
3 Lawrence
4 Ayshford
5 Ryan
6 Benji
7 Molz
8 Galloway
9 Farah
10 Blair
11 Ellis
12 Fulton
13 Heigington

14 Bell
15 Woods
16 Ben MM
17 ??

I think 1 to 7 picks itself.

My forward pack would be Galloway Farah Woods Ellis Blair Heighnington.

Bench: Brown Fulton Bell Murdoch-Masila

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I am pretty much with you Bubbles though I'd like to see Groat in there. I know he is young but he was coming along in leaps and bounds there at the end of the season. I didn't see much of BMM last year so whether he comes in for him I am not sure. I feel Bell will be the honest toiler type prop so I am happy for him to be there unless his form or the form of another prop warrants him being dropped.

Perhaps the only other thing I may change is Brown to starting fullback and have Reddy on the bench, he can play most positions 1 through 5 and at a pinch he could fill in the back row.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I think 1 to 7 picks itself.

My forward pack would be Galloway Farah Woods Ellis Blair Heighnington.

Bench: Brown Fulton Bell Murdoch-Masila

i think your 1-13 is spot on but the bench will be:

14. Reddy
15. Fulton
16. Groat
17. Bell or BMM (with blair moving to front row)

reddy wasn't signed to play reserve grade

Fordy20

Juniors
1 Brown
2 Lote
3 Lawrence
4 Ayshford
5 Ryan
6 Benji
7 Miller
8 Galloway
9 Farah
10 Woods
11 Ellis
12 Blair
13 Heighington

14 Bell
15 Fulton
16 Groat
17 Moltzen

TYGA

Juniors
We seem to have a heap of depth outside of the proposed starting 13 which is pretty well spot on:
Utai, Reddy, Humble, Brown, Groat, BMM, Bell, Moors?, Miller, Simona, Tedesco, Miller, Sironen.

Not forgetting losing Dwyer and Tuiaki in recent years to possibly career ending injuries and Lui,being released.

Gus22

Juniors
1. Moltzen
2. Tuqiri
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Reddy
6. Marshall
7. Miller
13. Heighington
12. Ellis
11. Fulton
10. Galloway
9. Farah
8. Blair

14. Ryan
15. BMM
16. Groat
17. Woods

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
Sheens has categorically said that Blair will play prop. He likes his forwards be be interchangeable, so he might wear a number 8 and prop up a scrum, but he will be playing his normal game.

Sheens from memory also said that Reddy would be a fullback.

As I said, my team wasnt what I would pick, but its probably what will run out.

meltiger

First Grade
& it will fail, just like it did with Harrison.

If Blair plays his natural game as a backrower, who do we have on the field carting the ball forward, we need 4 genuine props in the side. Not just Keith, Woods & Groat. We saw how a 3 man prop rotation fails when Gibbs got injured in the semi.

Latest posts