What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stat Anomalies Sharks attack

Interesting reading. On average we are a top 2 team when it comes to aggregate stats for our new game plan & emphasis on attack. refer to https://www.nrl.com/stats/ & select teams.
LEading Line breaks, offloads & line break assists. in the top 2-4 for most other sections.
The one exception is completions where we are bottom 4.
Have we gone full Ippy in our approach & do not consider completions as important as other clubs?
Or, are we going to conitinue the attack at every opportunity style & try & improve completions.
I do not the criticism of Capewell not passing , or "pushing the pass" & is very consistent in having few to no errors.

edit we are also top 2 in negative play.

discuss

I said it in the game thread, we complete our sets and get rid of the silly mistakes we'll win most of our games.
Injuries are our biggest downfall. If we're at full strength and have got the mistakes out of the way we'll be up there at the end of the season.

snout

First Grade
Im happy to stand corrected on johnny morris.

I thought with the recent shitfight our club needed an old head.

Couldnt be more impressed.

He is intelligent. Innovative.
Great understanding of the NRL.

And takes the emotion out of it.

In his pressos theres no anger. No blame. He easily pinpoints what we did.

And a happy camp is obvious for all to see.

We are in good hands.

Jimmy O

Juniors
Let’s hope the attack is to continue and build on completions.

From what I have seen so far there are way to many drop balls from easy catch pass football and high ball/grubbed drops from the other teams 5th tackle.

These I believe is where we are loosing the game, not to mention discipline through our high penalty count, which seems to have improved as of last game.

I said it in the game thread, we complete our sets and get rid of the silly mistakes we'll win most of our games.
Injuries are our biggest downfall. If we're at full strength and have got the mistakes out of the way we'll be up there at the end of the season.
Perhaps they are mutually exclusive? Ippy had the 2nd worst record on completions & errors on their way to their win. If you have players capable of capitalising on the broken play that shock attack or chaos, can create, (and we have that in spades) then perhaps our completions & errors are not going to improve that much?

Quigs

Immortal
(re Capes) Or slipping over to the ground when stepping inside back to the defence

MilkShark

First Grade
because he has no errors, in an error riddled team. The "chatter" is negative towards capewell due to him not pushing the pass in the defensive line & instead going to ground with it.
Sure, but that seems to be a completely different subject to what the your post seems to be about.

Sure, but that seems to be a completely different subject to what the your post seems to be about.
No. Its a thread about leading the attck stats, whilst simultaneously leading the negative play stats & 1 player copping flack for adding to positive stats, whilst doing a great job of not adding to the negative stats.

Perhaps they are mutually exclusive? Ippy had the 2nd worst record on completions & errors on their way to their win. If you have players capable of capitalising on the broken play that shock attack or chaos, can create, (and we have that in spades) then perhaps our completions & errors are not going to improve that much?
I get your point.
I would say this then, improve our defence so when we go on our "20 min rampages" every game the other team is either behind or not much in front. By the time we've completed the blitzkrieg they can't catch up.
The last two games have shown we can bring the mediocre down but not the top notch.

Interesting reading. On average we are a top 2 team when it comes to aggregate stats for our new game plan & emphasis on attack. refer to https://www.nrl.com/stats/ & select teams.
LEading Line breaks, offloads & line break assists. in the top 2-4 for most other sections.
The one exception is completions where we are bottom 4.
Have we gone full Ippy in our approach & do not consider completions as important as other clubs?
Or, are we going to conitinue the attack at every opportunity style & try & improve completions.
I do not the criticism of Capewell not passing , or "pushing the pass" & is very consistent in having few to no errors.

edit we are also top 2 in negative play.

discuss

I think it’s easier to clean up the negative stats than a team to get to the top of attacking stats. Which means we are in great shape to get to where we want to be.

The line breaks and line break assists I’m guessing without doing any research that Sean Johnson would be a big influence of those? Great signing. (Nikora must be up there in line breaks)

Offloads. We have so many forwards that create so much second phase play I’m not surprised about that.

I think we definitely are looking to have a high rate of completions but we’ve had a full reboot of our backline and combinations and timing have been badly off in the early rounds. I would hazard a guess that a lot of those errors have come from our backs dropping the ball cold from poorly thrown passes & off timing, pushing a pass when it wasn’t on, knocking on from kicks etc. That shyte can easily get a lot better over time and getting familiar with new combos.

I love what Capewell brings to the team covering an injury to a centre and a backline reshuffle but I think his clean up defence this year has gone up another level. He’s a big asset to this team. A Real hard worker and committed every minute he is out there.

Injuries always tend to increase negative play stats because generally you are relying on younger more inexperienced players to take their place and it’s only natural they’ll tend to make a few extra mistakes.

Once we get a bit more experience back on the park I think this team will be able to worry a lot of teams on a consistent basis.

Craigshark

First Grade
Capewell can't win. Unfortunately he seems to be the easy target for this forum this year. If he pushes some of the passes he possibly could/should have and we make a mistake, he cops the blame for the mistake. He is obviously given simple instructions to go out there and work hard and make no mistakes and I think he does this well. The past couple of games he seems to have cut out the slipping and spinning also.

The two times he passed the ball against the Roosters resulted in tries to us so it's not that he can't do it.