What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State Of Origin 1: New South Wales vs Queensland *Live Updates*

Pigskin

Juniors
ps ... either that stadium is complete garbage for rectangular field football or channel 9 have their sound/crowd noise all wrong ... nothing happening

Oink !

Big Pete

Referee
QLD are trying to have a forwards battle and are playing right in NSWs hands.

Half Time Prediction.

NSW 30-10

Frederick

Staff member
Pigskin said:
ps ... either that stadium is complete garbage for rectangular field football or channel 9 have their sound/crowd noise all wrong ... nothing happening

Oink !
My thoughts exactly. When the match started, I was wondering if there was a crowd at all! Couldn't hear a damn thing. All we get is Rabs commentating, and Hampstead "reffing"

Eddie.

Bench
Captain_Fred said:
My thoughts exactly. When the match started, I was wondering if there was a crowd at all! Couldn't hear a damn thing. All we get is Rabs commentating, and Hampstead "reffing"

Exactly the same in the 2005 GF.

Great atmosphere at the ground. Watched it thousands of times on replay and thr atmosphere sounds dead as a dog.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I agree. But why did it take so many years of broadcasting for it to happen? Cricket had one like, I dunno, 20 years ago didn't they?

Telstra is massive with noise, hence why 9 need to take soundproofing measures when they do their thing. They want their commentators voices to be heard first and foremost.

kbw

Bench
My bits from the game,

- not really up to SOO standard, where are the several big hits.
- I love seeing QLD getting done, but I will not count my chickens.
- Mason, Kite and Kings have impressed me.
- I hate Hodges
- Thank god Ryles and Gower aren't out there :)

Timmah

Staff member
Have you not been watching? NSW defence has been outstanding.

Frederick

Staff member
Beaver Menzies is an absolute freak! He's like a thousand years old, yet still plays as he did in his 20's
DON'T RETIRE, BEAVER. THE GAME NEEDS YOU!

Timmah

Staff member
Only 14-nil? Mal, QLD are f**ked.

Teams back out.

Frederick

Staff member
My money is on Mal's rep coaching career to go the way of his political career - he wont last this second 40! ;-)

northwest9

Juniors
kbw said:
My bits from the game,

- not really up to SOO standard, where are the several big hits.
- I love seeing QLD getting done, but I will not count my chickens.
- Mason, Kite and Kings have impressed me

no, not up to standard, but oh so good to see solid defensive hits, where have they been all these years. me and my little bro used to idolise blokes liek chief and carrol for "those" hits. and end up smashing each other all over the lounge room wanting to be them.

dont discount qld. but at the same time, its a long way up hill fo rthem from here.

mason - someone must have had a word in his ear, he went from wanker to legend in a matter of months
kite - didnt expect him to be up to it, happy to see he is.
hindy - f**king legend

Latest posts