What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of Origin 2022: The Decider

strider

Post Whore
I thought they threw the ball around heaps.
I cant stand that pr*ck Luai but I thought he and Lay Down Brave Teddy were NSWs most dangerous. It hurts me to say it but I reckon Luai is a better player than Cleary.
The ball gets passed but the defense is up there and just snuffs everything every time. Defenses are too dominant

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Freddy can't coach. He is the one that needs sacking. Hopeless tactics. Outcoached by a rookie.

We had very little go forward , basically none in the second half. Halves had no smarts. Cleary put up 2 ineffective bombs late in the game, yet Burton has the most lethal bomb and was left doing nothing.

They call Moses a downhill skier, what does Cleary have with no go forward?

They have to choose whether they want turbo or yeo in the team, can't have both. And the only time I remember martin taking a hit-up was when cleary would throw him a short ball when there was an overlap on the outside if the ball had gone to a sweeping tedesco

King-Gutho94

Coach
Junior has played 9 origins now in last 3 years.

Has there been a origin yet where you have felt he has been the best front rower on the ground or close too it.

Just curious I feel he has underperformed slightly

Eelogical

Referee
QLD thrive on being written off. Happens year after year they love being the underdog.

NSW fall for the same trick every year.

They lose a game then toss away 4 or 5 fringe players to the scrapheap rinse and repeat every season.

The QLD spirit is a load of bullocks but I do think a lot Queenslanders in general are more parochial about there state then the country.
It's true. I moved to QLD from NSW almost 5 years ago and my second head is growing nicely.

Eelogical

Referee

Has there been a origin yet where you have felt he has been the best front rower on the ground or close too it.

I thought he did pretty good last night. Not outstanding, but who was? Apart from our excellent defensive effort it was our backs who f**ked the game for us. They played like they had never met each other before the game and collectively shit themselves. QLD on the other hand played like a well drilled team and came up with all the big plays when it mattered.

eels_fan

First Grade
It will never happen due to the Panfers love fest, but a NSW combo of Moses & Cleary would be near unstoppable.

At least when Cleary goes missing or is under pressure you have someone with a decent long kicking game. Trying to pass the ball 3 wide to Burton for a decent kick is not a game plan to anyone except Blind Freddy.

If Moses played last night he’d have countered DCE’s long kicking game, Cleary just wasn’t up for it - the great origin Myth

hindy111

Post Whore
They have to choose whether they want turbo or yeo in the team, can't have both. And the only time I remember martin taking a hit-up was when cleary would throw him a short ball when there was an overlap on the outside if the ball had gone to a sweeping tedesco

Jakes not a prop. He has no leg drive. Yeo and Cleary where combining beautifully in first half.
Game changed with a try to QLD just before halftime. Come from a break down Burton's side then a kick that took a deflection and again poor defense by Burton not getting in the way to slow attacker down.

RCG should of played before Jake. Wighton before Burton or Crighton. In QLD and lost by a try. It was a tight game and not sure why people are going on like it was a flogging.

hindy111

Post Whore

Been solid but not outstanding in anyway. But who has?

Gazzamatta

Coach
Jakes not a prop. He has no leg drive. Yeo and Cleary where combining beautifully in first half.
Game changed with a try to QLD just before halftime. Come from a break down Burton's side then a kick that took a deflection and again poor defense by Burton not getting in the way to slow attacker down.

RCG should of played before Jake. Wighton before Burton or Crighton. In QLD and lost by a try. It was a tight game and not sure why people are going on like it was a flogging.
Cause we hate Fittler and that Super Smug Panthers Board Member.

crocodile

Bench
Freddy can't coach. He is the one that needs sacking. Hopeless tactics. Outcoached by a rookie.

We had very little go forward , basically none in the second half. Halves had no smarts. Cleary put up 2 ineffective bombs late in the game, yet Burton has the most lethal bomb and was left doing nothing.

They call Moses a downhill skier, what does Cleary have with no go forward?
Apparently Fox, RCG and Matto were left out and Weighton left languishing on the bench because they don't eat vegetables, refuse to walk on the grass without shoes and talk during meditation.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
yeah, it's called passion

he probably has more than Freddy
That’s not passion, it’s sour grapes and sounds like he lost a good whack with sportsbet. Passion is imploring better from your side during the course of the game and targeting areas for improvement to change the result, not making snidey remarks when you’ve come up short as an overwhelming favourite… AGAIN. Just my 2c.

strider

Post Whore
That’s not passion, it’s sour grapes and sounds like he lost a good whack with sportsbet. Passion is imploring better from your side during the course of the game and targeting areas for improvement to change the result, not making snidey remarks when you’ve come up short as an overwhelming favourite… AGAIN. Just my 2c.
Theres no such thing as 2c ... you need to give us 3c more

Latest posts