What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of Origin 2022: The Decider

Gronk

Staff member
…and yet you didn’t respond to the main point of my post. Avoiding much?
I stand by what I said. It's not about who played where, it's about who couldn't handle the occasion and why. Most importantly, why is it that QLD all too often can lift and play out of their skins.

Turbo, Latrell etc will make a difference next year, but QLDs ability to rise through adversity cannot be understated.

As I said earlier the game was not decided by superior skill. It was decided by superior attitude.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I stand by what I said. It's not about who played where, it's about who couldn't handle the occasion and why. Most importantly, why is it that QLD all too often can lift and play out of their skins.

Turbo, Latrell etc will make a difference next year, but QLDs ability to rise through adversity cannot be understated.

As I said earlier the game was not decided by superior skill. It was decided by superior attitude.
Fittler talking about mistakes costing them. Id suggest he made quite a few before a ball was even kicked.

hindy111

Post Whore

That's bullshit. The whole QLD have some sort of magic spirit ffs. NSW win a series and it's cause they have better players. The whole series was a coin toss. QLD spine is superior.

Hunt,DCE,Munster,Grant, Ponga. We don't have any ball players close to these guys skills.
Clearys very good. Luai average. Teddy's a runner and Korisau and Cook have played their best footy already.

Gazzamatta

Coach
With Turbo, Latrell and Sualli available next year it will be a different story.
I'd also play Burton 5/8 and axe Luai.
Cook should've been running as soon as he came on and didn't. Enter Reece Robson next year.
Liam Martin has been MIA all series.
I'd be looking at Kolomatangi from souths.
Plus Radley and Haas.
Stephen Crichton, Luai and Martin axed and Jake Turbo.
Time to move on.
Radley can do that job and better.
I think Fittler always plays short one prop.
Time for him and Alexander to move on.
I'd be saying to Andrew Johns the team is yours. Pick ur support staff.
Yes he had a whinge last night but for origin you need a coach to have them passionate for 3 games..he is passionate about nsw and hates Qld. Perfect
Im sure Fittler will find match time for all listed. Hes a fu*king goose. No Wighton after his game 1 performance was inexcusable.
Staggs gets one chance. As does Matto and Reg. Crighton (center) was terrible in game 1 and 2 yet retained to stink it up again in game 3. Yeo played like Seffa Paulo. Martin couldnt break wind let alone the line. Dont even get me started on the Cronulla center he picked. Cook was diabolical. Crighton The Brave Chook was totally ineffective. Our Eels smashed him yet hes in and our boys out.
He and Alexander have nfi. Grrrrrrrrrr. They are legends in their own minds.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Switched the channel after the Cleary interview..
We didn't deserve to win.
Qld wanted it more.
Shit selections and not enough footy smarts.
With Qld kicking early why didn't we do the same with having Burton one of the biggest boots in the game at our disposal???
Dopey stuff from the powers that be controlling NSW
Because Fittler and Alexander need to see Qld play then try to copy. Frauds!

Gazzamatta

Coach
We played the Penrith style of footy. All the attack goes through Yeo. Yeo was shit in game 1 and 3 because qld shut him down with ease. Hence we lost. We need to not play Penrith ball. Having Latrell and Tommy T back should help next year.
They will be injured. They always are.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I enjoyed the toughness of last nights game - pretty brutal early on .... and a bit of biff - always loved the biff

But it feels like its almost become too tough from start to end - defense dominates too much .... back when I was young (lol) they played tough but there was still plenty of attacking footy aswell. Queensland won last night cause they were just relentless in defense and targetted specific players (good on em, it won the game)
I thought they threw the ball around heaps.
I cant stand that pr*ck Luai but I thought he and Lay Down Brave Teddy were NSWs most dangerous. It hurts me to say it but I reckon Luai is a better player than Cleary.

Gronk

Staff member
That's bullshit. The whole QLD have some sort of magic spirit ffs. NSW win a series and it's cause they have better players. The whole series was a coin toss. QLD spine is superior.

Hunt,DCE,Munster,Grant, Ponga. We don't have any ball players close to these guys skills.
Clearys very good. Luai average. Teddy's a runner and Korisau and Cook have played their best footy already.
Sorry dont agree. 15 QLDers without Munster lifted to dominate NSW in all the effort areas because they had a better spine than Teddy, Pennys x 2, Appi & Cook. It's a no from me dawg.

King-Gutho94

Coach
QLD thrive on being written off. Happens year after year they love being the underdog.

NSW fall for the same trick every year.

They lose a game then toss away 4 or 5 fringe players to the scrapheap rinse and repeat every season.

The QLD spirit is a load of bullocks but I do think a lot Queenslanders in general are more parochial about there state then the country.