What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of Origin 2024

TheDMC

Bench
Speaking of the Origin wankfest - pre game I unfortunately clicked on a fox sport article where 20 or so 'experts' gave their game/series prediction. Nearly all of the pundits are ex players (Johns etc) and every single one of them "predicted" their home state to win. Pathetic, they aren't experts, they are bias ex players and zero value asking their opinion. League media is so lame sometimes.

JJ

Immortal
Suaalii deserved to be sent. NSW obviously went out there trying to bash Walsh and they sailed too close to the line. Play with fire, get burnt.

Beyond that, AGAIN, NSW have cocked up their game 1 team and now will spend the rest of the series trying to get the recipe right. The series is gone and it's such a familiar script. Trbojevic is not a prop. He's just fat. McInnes at 13 was a WTF selection, as was Hudson Young. And yeah, unfortunately, Hynes kicking game was awful.

So, Tedesco, Suaalii, Hynes, McInnes, Hudson Young out. Edwards, Burton, Moses, Koroisau, Barnett in for mine.
Yeah, some of the selections were good, some just weird. Lot to like about McInnes, but they have Isiah f**king Yeo, similar at 9. And Jake as prop and captain seemed a Mike Brearley move, Yeo can captain the side

Blair

Coach
Big Mitch is fresh to go for our must-win match against the Cowboys. But I'd have preferred him to have debuted for NSW last night.

It's a big deal that. Debuting for NSW from the Warriors. Recruitment-wise it'd be the end of a nay-sayer pointing out that 'moving over there means your Blues dream dies'.

Bring on big Mitch in blue. We need it, man. We need it.

It's mostly because he's going to Union tbf
I can understand Myles being pissed due to the hit. I dont agree he was entitled to mouth off as a non-player, but I understand it. Gallen would've said - and probably done - far worse if he was in that position.

But it'd be massively hypocritical if Suaalii's code switch had anything to do with it, given Myles played with Folau in '10 after he'd signed with GWS. And even before that, QLD happily selected Sailor after he'd signed a letter of intent with RA. Those jokers set the precedent for picking converts so its a bit rich if they're annoyed at Suaalii for that.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I'm just joking mostly, but I do think it's pretty understandable that Myles would mouth off given from his perspective Suualii has tried and succeeded in taking Walsh's head off 7 minutes into his Origin debut. I still think the much bigger offence is what Suualii did and worrying about what Nate Myles had to say about it isn't where we should be focusing our attention.

Fair enough to those looking at this in the cold light of day as a legitimate attempted tackle gone wrong due to mitigating factors. Personally I can't separate it from the very targeted pre-game talk about what they were going to do to Walsh. When there's so much talk about smashing a particular "pretty boy" opposition player (and it certainly wasn't prefaced with "oh but we're going to do it legally") and then that player almost immediately gets completely annihilated by a high shot, I can't give it the benefit of the doubt.

It was an ugly hit on Walsh. He's not my favourite player but I felt for the guy.
Yep likewise, and I don't actually mind him to be fair. I remember Carrigan saying before our finals game with them last year that Walsh still has a lot of love for our club. That was pretty good to hear.

As for the hit itself, send off was fair IMO. It was brutal and could've done some serious serious damage. I'm staggered he passed the HIA.

But I think QLD implying he was deliberately targeted to be taken out is a stretch. Targeted in terms of dishing out some pain, absolutely... every key player gets that, especially in Origin. But I dont think Madge or Suaalii deliberately set out to actually injure him.

Meth

Staff member
Not sure why there's all this hate for Walsh. He had personal reasons for wanting to be in QLD. Even if he didn't want to play for us, can you blame him? RTS didn't want to either.

Suaulii got 4 weeks
Sort of feel for the Roosters in this one where they lose him for what he did in Origin.

Do you guys reckon he should of been suspended for 2 Origins and no club games since it didnt happen in a club game.
Dont hurt the club for what happens at state level???

blue bags

First Grade
Suaulii got 4 weeks
Sort of feel for the Roosters in this one where they lose him for what he did in Origin.

Do you guys reckon he should of been suspended for 2 Origins and no club games since it didnt happen in a club game.
His rooster contract
Has him playing for the Blues
It's part of his roosters contract
Everyone must understand how the roosters
Operate with salary Caps. And contracts
It's not All out in the open. Shady deal's

Blair

Coach
Suaulii got 4 weeks

I think the clubs benefit from and promote the fact they have Origin players. For better or worse they play on the 'prestige'. So when it goes wrong they have to cop it.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Not sure why there's all this hate for Walsh. He had personal reasons for wanting to be in QLD. Even if he didn't want to play for us, can you blame him? RTS didn't want to either.
Not really a fan of how hard he played up what a family man he was at the time, when the reality of the situation occurring was something completely different

I never had a problem with Walsh leaving but he and RTS aren’t comparable at all.