What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of Origin 2024

blue bags

First Grade
NZ was part of NSW government
In the very early days of colonialism
Like about 300 years ago
NSW government ruled All explored land at the time
That includes Australia and NZ
That's why NSW is named the premier State
Go the Blues 💙

got the flu? There’s a brutal strain doing the rounds, I had it a couple of weeks back and deadset couldn’t get out of bed for 2-3 days and was off work for a week. I reckon it’d knock you out of high level sport for a couple of weeks easy.
Same about 8 weeks ago, slept 20 hours for 2 days in a row, no drive/desire to eat or drink! Slammed as many pain killer into me as I could. Couldnt work for a week. On day 6 I started having 3 meals again. Never want anything like it again! Left a lingering cough for 2 weeks afterward.

blue bags

First Grade
Same about 8 weeks ago, slept 20 hours for 2 days in a row, no drive/desire to eat or drink! Slammed as many pain killer into me as I could. Couldnt work for a week. On day 6 I started having 3 meals again. Never want anything like it again! Left a lingering cough for 2 weeks afterward.
COVID symptoms
Some of US have had the same shit
What can we do

COVID symptoms
Some of US have had the same shit
What can we do
Did a Covid, Influenza A and B test, came up Influenza A after hospital just did a Covid test and assumed influenza. (There are even RSV ones at pharmacies now all on one test).
COVID was a walk in the park for me (heavy head cold with sore eyes) compared to Influenza (full body aches, fatigue, headache, light sensitivity, no desire for anything and bed ridden) Give me Covid any day over that again.
But everyone experience these things differently.

Last edited:

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Did a Covid, Influenza A and B test, came up Influenza A after hospital just did a Covid test and assumed influenza. (There are even RSV ones at pharmacies now all on one test).
COVID was a walk in the park for me (heavy head cold with sore eyes) compared to Influenza (full body aches, fatigue, headache, light sensitivity, no desire for anything and bed ridden) Give me Covid any day over that again.
But everyone experience these things differently.

Ahh yes, over the last 3 years, I've have COVID twice and the flu once.
Without a doubt, the flu was the WORST of the 3.

First round of Covid was mainly just fatigue, 1 day extremely hard to get out of bed, and 1 day of passing out on the couch. Second round was more or less just like a cold, WFH through it.

The flu was a different beast including vomiting, loss of appetite, fatigue, took me about 2 weeks to feel fit again. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

But as you say, everyone experience things differently

blue bags

First Grade
How about a New origin series ?
Indigenous origin
Maori. PNG. Koories. Murray's
Would be fantastic 😍

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I feel you man, I’m just shaking the cough now. Hadn’t been bad for a few days but I’m still hawking up a good lungful of muck occasionally.

I feel you man, I’m just shaking the cough now. Hadn’t been bad for a few days but I’m still hawking up a good lungful of muck occasionally.
Watch for pneumonia after any flu (or chest infection), kicks in 10-14 days after, if mucus don't improve you start to feel average again or it turns a nice dark yellow or green worth a doctor visit.

Sorry for hijacked thread!:pill:

Blair

Coach
Day four of the Blues camp and still no sight of them around town for me. I think Madge is trying to get a bit of a 'siege mentality' going.

Last edited: