What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of Origin 2K19 Discussion

mxlegend99

Referee
The reason we are good with Luai at 6 is because Maloney and Cleary clash. They are both controlling halves whereas Luai is a running half which complements them.
Less minutes for Katoa sure isn't hurting either.

I hope we can see the Jimmy/Cleary combo playing off Kenny. But unless he becomes a top 30 player I doubt we will anytime soon.

OldPanther

Coach
Less minutes for Katoa sure isn't hurting either.

I hope we can see the Jimmy/Cleary combo playing off Kenny. But unless he becomes a top 30 player I doubt we will anytime soon.

Couldn't agree more. I guess the top 30 issue for Kenny depends on Egan's injury?

MrBlack

Juniors
The reason we are good with Luai at 6 is because Maloney and Cleary clash. They are both controlling halves whereas Luai is a running half which complements them.

Agree 100%.

If Kenny does not get an exemption then our best option is

6. Luai
7. Maloney
9. Cleary

But I doubt Cleary Snr will jeopardize his son's State of Origin aspirations.

OldPanther

Coach
Agree 100%.

If Kenny does not get an exemption then our best option is

6. Luai
7. Maloney
9. Cleary

But I doubt Cleary Snr will jeopardize his son's State of Origin aspirations.

Yeah they'd never consider it but we've seen Andrew Johns play 9 at origin level.

mxlegend99

Referee
If Nathan added hooker to his resume it could open up an International spot for him as the bench utility.

Being able to play half and hooker has helped many rep careers. Obviously he doesn't need hooker on his resume to get into the Blues side. But if he wants an international career that's his best... and probably only chance.

betcats

Referee
If Nathan added hooker to his resume it could open up an International spot for him as the bench utility.

Being able to play half and hooker has helped many rep careers. Obviously he doesn't need hooker on his resume to get into the Blues side. But if he wants an international career that's his best... and probably only chance.

QLD 9 is an example of this.

Crashtest

Juniors
The one on one training sessions Cleary is getting with Andrew Johns at the Blues camp is a real bonus to Cleary and the Panthers. The Panthers should look to capitalize on their relationship and hire Johns as a halves coach.

Although after what happened at the Roosters, he may be wary of juggling any club coaching and commentary again.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/o...n/news-story/9fce9ec1973c86e154d09815f5584f30

OldPanther

Coach
The one on one training sessions Cleary is getting with Andrew Johns at the Blues camp is a real bonus to Cleary and the Panthers. The Panthers should look to capitalize on their relationship and hire Johns as a halves coach.

Although after what happened at the Roosters, he may be wary of juggling any club coaching and commentary again.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/o...n/news-story/9fce9ec1973c86e154d09815f5584f30

Reading that about his kicking game has me pretty excited to be honest.

mxlegend99

Referee
Reading that about his kicking game has me pretty excited to be honest.
Although he has said his job is to let the x-factor players do their thing and win us the game.

So I wouldnt be expecting anything to flash from him. Looks like his job is to follow a game plan so Cody Walker doesn't have to. Which makes sense... Cody Walker is probably the best in the game at playing what he sees right now.

betcats

Referee

OldPanther

Coach
Although he has said his job is to let the x-factor players do their thing and win us the game.

So I wouldnt be expecting anything to flash from him. Looks like his job is to follow a game plan so Cody Walker doesn't have to. Which makes sense... Cody Walker is probably the best in the game at playing what he sees right now.

Knowing Joey that means good attacking kicks and learning to actually engage defenders for the outside players on attacking moves(Something we don't do at Penrith).

OldPanther

Coach
Watched State of origin game 2 2005. The Joey masterclass as people call it. Interesting that most of the game he just plays with a good kicking game. His passing/running really comes into it more part way into the second half.

Exsilium

First Grade
Feels odd not seeing James Maloney lining up.

Looking forward to Latrell and Chambers going at it

betcats

Referee
Cleary actually held up that first defender. Nice simple halfback play.

Cleary goes to the line often IMO, he’s just not a great ball player the defence reads him I think. I think he’s playing well one or two average kicks aside he’s been good.

Tedesco is a freak deadset the merkin was made for origin.

OldPanther

Coach
Cleary goes to the line often IMO, he’s just not a great ball player the defence reads him I think. I think he’s playing well one or two average kicks aside he’s been good.

Tedesco is a freak deadset the merkin was made for origin.

Maybe we could trade DWZ for Teddy haha.

Latest posts