What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of origin series

With the squad that has been picked id consider starting him there over Paulo. Haas and Paulo are both are bit vulnerable to smaller guys with footwork through the middle defensively imo.

That being said they may use Frizzel in the middle instead of Martin, not what I would do but I am pretty sure Freddy has used him in that role previously.
I imagine the second row starters will eventually be Martin and Murray.

Fittler could even move Murray into the middle at one stage and use both Yeo and Murray up the guts.

WestyLife

First Grade

Fittler could even move Murray into the middle at one stage and use both Yeo and Murray up the guts.

Martin will be a middle just like he's done at club level since he's come back.

betcats

Referee
I kind've forgot about Murray. It would make sense to use him in the middle at some point. Possibly could start him there or just use him to spell Yeo.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I kind've forgot about Murray. It would make sense to use him in the middle at some point. Possibly could start him there or just use him to spell Yeo.
I'd have him defend Fifita for the first 20mins and then go to the middle. He's shut down Fifita at this level before.
Young and Fizzel will then play wide I'd say. Martin will solely play prop I'm guessing.

Sime_11

Juniors
someone tell Teddy to share the ball - quality over quantity

if Pangai can perform like the Storm Prelim 2021 - will go a long way to NSW winning game 1.

Goonji

Juniors
It's no secret that Latrell is a better centre then fullback. Except to Latrell. If Turbo is fit this could be anything. Freddy learnt from Game 3 last year that QLD bashed the crap out of us with no real intervention from the MIA referees and touchies. NSW didnt stand up in my opinion. Just having TPJ on the field may prevent them from being so cocky this time around.

kinghippo

Juniors
Looks like Welch may not be starting or in the QLD team.
He's excellent at pressuring Cleary on the kick and Nathan will play better without him there.
Personally i think NSW biggest weakness is kicking options. QLD shut Cleary down in game 3 and they will targeting him again. Hunt and evans add some potent 40 20 options. I thought Hynes would get a start to counter that tactic from Qld.
Cleary is the best in the business though so if he is protected hopefully it won’t matter.

Iamback

Coach

One or both need to play middle in the setup named.

Murray I think will start 9. Then go to prop and Api on. That allows Api to get his 60 mins that is his optimum.

Gets Murray gametime in the middle

Iamback

Coach
With the squad that has been picked id consider starting him there over Paulo. Haas and Paulo are both are bit vulnerable to smaller guys with footwork through the middle defensively imo.

That being said they may use Frizzel in the middle instead of Martin, not what I would do but I am pretty sure Freddy has used him in that role previously.

Nah they picked TPJ to bash them early then die out. Murray was middle in the World Cup

I think runs out like this

TPJ
Murray
Haas
Frizzell
Young
Yeo

TPJ has no stamina. When he gets tired Api on.

Means you run this from 20 mins.

Murray
Api
Haas
Young
Frizzell
Yeo

That Allows you to run TPJ in 2 stints
Paulo to play 50 mins straight

MugaB

Coach
Nah they picked TPJ to bash them early then die out. Murray was middle in the World Cup

I think runs out like this

TPJ
Murray
Haas
Frizzell
Young
Yeo

TPJ has no stamina. When he gets tired Api on.

Means you run this from 20 mins.

Murray
Api
Haas
Young
Frizzell
Yeo

That Allows you to run TPJ in 2 stints
Paulo to play 50 mins straight
Incorrect, close but i reckon api starts, luai takes over around 50-60th mark, nicho slots into 5/8th if he hasn't been on already, (if he has come on for an injury) in which then Murray takes over at hooker, remember murray is off the bench, not starting, he can cover any of the forwards

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Looks like that Martin fella will be playing some prop for NSW.........
He’s the only 2nd rower on the bench, sitting next to two of the best Middles in the comp and this the conclusion you come to……

Seriously…. If you don’t start to control this, I’m going to start taking Jerseys off you…

Iamback

Coach
Incorrect, close but i reckon api starts, luai takes over around 50-60th mark, nicho slots into 5/8th if he hasn't been on already, (if he has come on for an injury) in which then Murray takes over at hooker, remember murray is off the bench, not starting, he can cover any of the forwards

If it is say 20 all in the last 15. Surely NSW wants Api on the field?

Hynes will play that roaming role in the middle

Chins get the wins

First Grade
If it is say 20 all in the last 15. Surely NSW wants Api on the field?

Hynes will play that roaming role in the middle
Hynes should have been the 6 but a roaming role is a terrible idea. With Latrell and Tommy in the side all you want it the forwards to run hard and then give them good clean EARLY ball.

WestyLife

First Grade
He’s the only 2nd rower on the bench, sitting next to two of the best Middles in the comp and this the conclusion you come to……

Seriously…. If you don’t start to control this, I’m going to start taking Jerseys off you…

I could be wrong in how they'll get used but he's paired Haas/TPJ and Paulo/Martin for impact and a starting front rower.

Girds89

Bench
Everyone reading way to much into where players will play etc haha.

Doesn't matter where Martin plays for the blues or what Freddy does lol... he's made some very weird selections.

I mean... I'd say apis form and fitness this year has been nowhere near as good as previous years... cook on the other hand has been really good..

Tpj is a weird one...

Turbo is a huge risk and he's left the form centre on the comp out.

I honestly couldn't care less where marto plays for the blues..

Again, we don't have the 2nd row depth or talent coming through to move him over the next 18-24months..

He was probs Australia's best player in the world cup at 2nd row..

He can be good anywhere in the pack... he's just one of those players that is highly committed and has a dig every game..

But we simply don't have the cattle to move him for us.. especially if sorro leaves..

The majority of this forum bar a couple thought soro was exclusively a middle.... now people are happy for him to stay there and marto go middle haha.. I mean... people just change their mind after a few decent games haha.

Unless a few players come on leaps and bounds in the next year or 2 marto isn't moving full time to the middle.