What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of origin series

Black Panther

Juniors
The reason Panther ball is allowed to work is because JFH, Leota, Martin, Spencer and Kenny take no prisoners. Make no mistake, without their aggression we would be nowhere. You can have all the Kikaus, Fifitas and Murrays you want, but they don't get to do anything unless people like Moses and JFH lay down the law.

Football is still decided by which forwards win the battle. NSW lost because the QLD forwards bashed NSW and made them their bitches. Gagai and Tino smashing Burton and no Blue within coee to smash them back. Fittler has hired some muscle this time and QLD won't be getting to bash NSW with TPJ, Haas, Young and Martin on watch.

There is a reason Bennett hires people like Kafusi for the Dolphins and Costigan, Smith and Weyman for the Dragons. He knows it's character that wins the big matches, not light stepping, torpedo pass, fancy Dan posers like Walsh. The Dragons couldn't win a grand final even though they were stacked with talent until Bennett put some steel in the team.
Was a good post until you mentioned Weyman as a hitman. He got bashed in a game, I think Piggy Riddell took care of him.

Pomoz

Bench
Was a good post until you mentioned Weyman as a hitman. He got bashed in a game, I think Piggy Riddell took care of him.
Haha, live by the sword, die by the sword. Changes nothing. Every hard man will meet their Waterloo from time to time.

Exsilium

First Grade

I was born in Batemans Bay and spent a lot of time in Moruya. Went back there and he's a cult figure there.

Weyman wasn't a hitman as such, rather he could absolutely belt merkins and never took a backward step. He was good for the Dragons during that period and I loved watching him play.

Exsilium

First Grade
The same Nathan that played the GF with a busted shoulder? Ive had my share of tooth infections but most are treatable with pain meds or numbing agents. This feels like pre-Origin mind games

Its all contributing to the siege mentality and underdog status.

Something QLD are great at.

I think Turbo being selected is another one of those "Oh shit, turbo is playing...." but we know that he'd have to be 99.99% to play.

Let the games begin.

Next it will be Carrigan going down with a pinched pinky

mxlegend99

Referee
Crichton at right centre paired with To'o makes sense. Cleary / Critter / To'o and Martin coming on would at the very least give us a great defensive edge due to familiarity alone and being part of the best defensive team on the competition.

Not sure Fittler will actually move Turbo across to the left. But that's the logical option IMO. Since most sides best attack is on the left, having a rock solid right edge goes a long way to winning the game. Turbo and Fox on the left will absolutely destroy either centre in all honesty. I think it's the Hammer?

It's a shame Mitchell isn't playing because it gives us attacking beasts on both edges. I don't expect Critter to do much with ball in hand. But I do expect our defence just improved... and our right side attack took a hit but our left side attack should be better. Jarome Luai could be the big winner out of this.