What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of origin series

I have a strong dislike toward him, but Walker is by far the form #6. And he plays on the right just as much as on the left. Would be even more useful if Cook is also selected as well as Latrell. Murray looks to have injured himself, otherwise Walker would have to be a shoe in.
QLD will be able to get under his skin and he will be the same Cody Walker that Penrith us usually end up playing…..

The Realist

Juniors
I have seen the back and forth between Luke and Gird89 but don't really want to enter the argument. I have seen Graham mentioned and agree that he was (somewhat) of an earlier prototype of what Yeo is. What I would add is that we, the Panthers have had a ball playing middle before.

For a few seasons Latu was a bit of a revelation for us. Then Jimmy opened his fat gob, and we lost him to GC where players go to become bums.

I still don't think they were used anywhere near as much as we use Yeo in the role.

Murray is also an interesting type of #13. He is a genuine ball player but unlike Yeo who is a 1st receiver basically at the dead centre of the field -Murray is quicker and more agile and often pops up towards edges at 1st and 2nd receiver. What makes him super dangerous is he runs lines where he looks like the intended line breaker and draws the defence, only for him to either get cut out, or receive the ball and promote it with halves like timing and skill. If the defence believe he is going to pass he has the mixture of speed, power and agility to break through. If Murray had a kicking game he could easily be a halfback though it would be as waste of his talents.

Also, I have seen talk about Teddy running the Right side attack and Luai being 'stuck' on the left. Well, the exact same thing happens at the Panthers with Edwards - though Edwards is not quite as capable a line breaker or Ball player that Teddy (once) was.

Flashstep

Juniors
I have a strong dislike toward him, but Walker is by far the form #6. And he plays on the right just as much as on the left. Would be even more useful if Cook is also selected as well as Latrell. Murray looks to have injured himself, otherwise Walker would have to be a shoe in.

I agree with you on Walker on being the form 5/8 in the comp at the moment. Only thing that concerns me is that he kinda got found out at Origin level last time he was selected and Freddy ended up hooking him. He also seems to get tilted pretty easily and QLD will absolutely take advantage of that.

That being said I wouldn’t mind if NSW gave him another shot, will it happen? I doubt it.

Kilkenny

Coach
With Nathan effectively out of SOO 2 no need to pick Laui. It was all about the combinations so that doesn’t apply now.

Freddie’s hand is forced, new combination required, the choices aren’t that great in reality. I don’t envy him, hiding to nothing.

MugaB

Coach
With Nathan effectively out of SOO 2 no need to pick Laui. It was all about the combinations so that doesn’t apply now.

Freddie’s hand is forced, new combination required, the choices aren’t that great in reality. I don’t envy him, hiding to nothing.
No nsw halves huh? So what nicho and cody,
I wouldn't be dropping Luai, no way, he still has connectivity to yeo, api martin, to'o and critta (if picked)
Burton comes in as 14, nicho to 7, its his best position, it should have been his only reason to be there, i would have had him as 18th man, with burton on as 14 anyways

BossleyPanther

Juniors
This would be my side for Origin 2

FB Tedesco
WINGS Addo Carr, To'o
CENTREs Graham, Mitchell
HALVES Reynolds, Burton
HOOKER Korisiou
EDGES Martin, Frizzell
PROPS Paulo, Hass
13 Murray

Bench Cook, Yeo, Pangai Junior, Jake Trbojevic

Adam Reynolds is key here, add his former team mates around him and Hass, playing on a Stadium he knows against some of his current team mates. Big game player unfortunately for Nicho he misses out. With Cleary out Teddy no other choice except maybe putting Mitchell there and bringing in Crichton for Centre. Cook comes on after 20 mins.

Goonji

Juniors
The flow on from cleary being out could hit a few panthers Luia Crighton maybe even api .Souths May get a few in
With Clearly not playing it gives Fittler an exit strategy in terms of dropping a few Panthers. If he had any concerns with them, that is.

Exsilium

First Grade
The flow on from cleary being out could hit a few panthers Luia Crighton maybe even api .Souths May get a few in

Premiership or Origin glory? I know we'd all prefer to have our boys fit and firing for the more important games. I get the appeal of origin for a player but club footy results are my priority as a fan.

Iamback

Coach
No nsw halves huh? So what nicho and cody,
I wouldn't be dropping Luai, no way, he still has connectivity to yeo, api martin, to'o and critta (if picked)
Burton comes in as 14, nicho to 7, its his best position, it should have been his only reason to be there, i would have had him as 18th man, with burton on as 14 anyways

NSW pretty much has worked on combos the past few years.

The last Origin Latrell played he and Luai tore QLD apart. Why change it now?

Alintheeast

Juniors
Freddie should remember he picked Moses and Wrighton as halves instead of Reynolds/ Walker surprisingly and NSW lost. Latrell and Graham will be centres so he can at least please media/press with Reynolds/Walker.
Read that Laui looking forward to partnering Haynes, doesn’t he know why he got picked in the first place.

Exsilium

First Grade
Freddie should remember he picked Moses and Wrighton as halves instead of Reynolds/ Walker surprisingly and NSW lost. Latrell and Graham will be centres so he can at least please media/press with Reynolds/Walker.
Read that Laui looking forward to partnering Haynes, doesn’t he know why he got picked in the first place.

Sounds like a lot of club combinations in effect there. Are South’s ready for that kinda of criticism 😂

Iamback

Coach
Sounds like a lot of club combinations in effect there. Are South’s ready for that kinda of criticism 😂

Ahh yes we all know how Souffs go under pressure.

Luai's numbers are decent. Defence he is far better and has it backed up in big games...

From a Penrith view, I'd love no one to get picked. Reality is we have elite guys in positions and hence they get the job

Exsilium

First Grade
Ahh yes we all know how Souffs go under pressure.

Luai's numbers are decent. Defence he is far better and has it backed up in big games...

From a Penrith view, I'd love no one to get picked. Reality is we have elite guys in positions and hence they get the job

If Luai wasn’t perceived as a villain or a grub, he’d retain his spot. He’s not been bad at all and it’s easy to look for a scapegoat when you’re losing.

Iamback

Coach
If Luai wasn’t perceived as a villain or a grub, he’d retain his spot. He’s not been bad at all and it’s easy to look for a scapegoat when you’re losing.

Nailed it.

People let the off field Luai cloud their judgement.

2021 Luai/Latrell tore QLD apart.

Game 1 the left side was troubling them again.

His 2023 form hasn't look good at times but that is due to a few personel changes.

Tackle busts he leads all 5/8th for. Defence is a high standard too.

Exsilium

First Grade
Nailed it.

People let the off field Luai cloud their judgement.

2021 Luai/Latrell tore QLD apart.

Game 1 the left side was troubling them again.

His 2023 form hasn't look good at times but that is due to a few personel changes.

Tackle busts he leads all 5/8th for. Defence is a high standard too.

His defence is very underrated. I thought losing Kikau would make him less effective but he’s not afraid of contact.

If they go with different halves, I’d have him as the 14 but that’s probably unpopular.

This will be the make or break for Fittler if they lose game two.

Flashstep

Juniors
For my team I’d go:

1. Gutho
2. Addo-Carr
3. CG
4. Mitchell
5. To’o
6. Luai
7. Reynolds
8. Trjobevic
9. Api