What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State Of Origin

Don Tweddle

Juniors
Tweet from a former shark great:

lukecovell ‏@covell5 2h
“@brissyraces: Lets not get carried away with how good Gallens punches were... Pretty hard to miss Myles' forehead.. #sizeofabarn” :lol:

Madsharkie

First Grade
Haha. Where are all the wrist slitters that bagged Daley before a whistle had even been blown...?

Surely

Post Whore
WATCH THE KING HIT FOR YOURSELF SURELY...

Nice introductory left jab followed by the big right cross. Oldest combination in the book.

Ohhh and watch it closely the big shove from Nate with the "don't mess with me look" just prior. King Hit my arse

He's just standing there, no arms up or anything.

That's not a blue.

I'm dissapointed he didn't even get a wobble up, and not a sign of claret.

Gallen=God

Juniors
Marshmallow, miles doesnt even look like he got king hit

Myles was looking right at him you fool! It was toe to toe and Gallen beat the crap out of him (Myles had a height, weight and reach advantage to!). If you think that was a king hit you're kidding yourself.

I've been disillusioned with our skipper until tonight. What a true guts performance. Love the man to bits.

Lukey Lew we will need that form this week!

SadShark

Bench
If it was JT or GI that got hit, I could understand the Nien all QLD commentary crew wailing, hand wringing & rocking back & forward on their knees, with arms upreaching but the maggot that got hit was Myles.

Myles flies under the radar as a filthy, low grub Kaarnt & the smashing he got would've been applauded by about all players in the NRL, let alone us plebs.

That's why our ref buddys let stonehenge head have it, whilst giggling like school girls.

Stinkler

Juniors
Gal should plead guilty but dispute the grading.

He's likely to miss 2 weeks with injury anyway.
Surely he has a broken knuckle after punching that space junk head of Myles.

Card Shark

Immortal
Haha. Where are all the wrist slitters that bagged Daley before a whistle had even been blown...?

Here's 1 of them.

Great result but we still have 2 to go. I'm sure we have lost from here before. It'll come down to us repeating that performance in game 3, as it's gunna be very very tough to win up there.

So what was Gal charged with? What is his likely to miss?

stevie013

Juniors
1 week early plea cardy, 2 if he fights it. grade 2 something. but for the punches, nothing for the original swinging arm.

Special K

Coach
Joel Thompson from the raiders tweeted "gallen your my hero" or something after the fight. Willie tonga had a go calling it cheap shots. Berrigan also called it a cheap shot only for his team mate Brett white to put him in his place about the fact they squared up.

Funny to see the different reactions.

yeah it was funny watching nate, push him and say come on, then pow right in the kisser, the look on his face

ScreenShot2013-06-05at8.13.04AM_crop_north.png

Surely

Post Whore
Myles is a good sport about it.

Myles said he wouldn’t have even wanted Gallen charged.
“No, not at all. How good is it? Let’s be honest, everyone wants to see it. I don’t think he should get charged. That’s just the way it goes,” Myles said.
“To be honest I’d leave it on the field. That’s Origin. He got a couple of good ones on me but the fortunate thing is we get to do it again.”

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...nning-style-20130605-2nr1r.html#ixzz2VNeM89jt

He's just standing there, no arms up or anything.

Lol do you need to have your arms up to signal intent?

Guess what, Gallen was "just standing there" too, until he smacked the f**k out of your man Myles. Having your hands down doesn't mean you're non-aggressive, as Gallen the God proved.

Myles got dealt with by the better man. What's Gal supposed to do, count from 5 before he throws punches? :lol::lol:

Surely

Post Whore
Lol do you need to have your arms up to signal intent?

Guess what, Gallen was "just standing there" too, until he smacked the f**k out of your man Myles. Having your hands down doesn't mean you're non-aggressive, as Gallen the God proved.

Myles got dealt with by the better man. What's Gal supposed to do, count from 5 before he throws punches? :lol::lol:

Lol he's not my man.

Standing there with your hands down is hardly aggressive.