What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stefano Utoikamanu

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Its these situations that separate us from elite clubs, the Storm over the years would replace a player with a relatively unknown workhorse that would come in to do a job (Bryan Norrie) on minimal money. We on the other hand are likely to chase a past his prime former rep player and pay him what he was worth in his prime (think Klemmer). With that in mind, welcome to the tigers RCG, congrats on your new 4 year $800k deal.

Tiger05

First Grade
Its these situations that separate us from elite clubs, the Storm over the years would replace a player with a relatively unknown workhorse that would come in to do a job (Bryan Norrie) on minimal money. We on the other hand are likely to chase a past his prime former rep player and pay him what he was worth in his prime (think Klemmer). With that in mind, welcome to the tigers RCG, congrats on your new 4 year $800k deal.

Sheens with Benji's support went and signed Klemmer and Bateman on big dollars to fix our pack. I'd rather not spend the money if we end up with another top dollar signing like that.

Pezz70

Juniors
Why Marshy. The only thing I can think of is restriction of trade but if he's going then that wouldn't apply because we could argue that we helped him to be in a position to piss off.
Dump him I say.
It ain’t a restriction of trade, he’s not engaged in trade, he’s a club employee they can make him sit on the bench if they want and there’s nothing can be done about it, the only drama is you get nothing in return for the cash he has to get paid. Make him mow the grass at concord

Tiger Ted

Bench
No doubt that endless toxic contracts re players past their use by date has been one huge reason for our horrendous predicament however this shouldn’t happen while the hard nut & rugby league savvy Richo is in control.We will turn the corner but coz our predicament is so bad it will take a few yrs

Nutz

Bench
It ain’t a restriction of trade, he’s not engaged in trade, he’s a club employee they can make him sit on the bench if they want and there’s nothing can be done about it, the only drama is you get nothing in return for the cash he has to get paid. Make him mow the grass at concord
Exackery

You are correct its not a restraint of trade if the Tigers dropped him to NSW Cup, or put him on the bench.

Asking him to mow the grass? Probably not as he was not employed by the club to be a groundsman would probably be beyond what would be classified as reasonable work for someone employed as a professional rugby league player. It would be like if I was employed to be a cleaner at a hospital but was expected to perform surgery the hospital administrator, it would be beyond what could be reasonably requested of me.

glockers

Juniors
I feel like with how this dragged out Stefano's management was talking to the Storm but unhappy with their offer, it was when the Dogs swooped in that he decided to go. I assume Dogs are paying well.

I agree with most of the comments on here, he isn't worth the price and we can reallocated the money to where it is needed (hopefully along with Bateman money).

Nutz

Bench
You are correct its not a restraint of trade if the Tigers dropped him to NSW Cup, or put him on the bench.

Asking him to mow the grass? Probably not as he was not employed by the club to be a groundsman would probably be beyond what would be classified as reasonable work for someone employed as a professional rugby league player. It would be like if I was employed to be a cleaner at a hospital but was expected to perform surgery the hospital administrator, it would be beyond what could be reasonably requested of me.
I agree. They're the rules me thinking.
Footballers are too precious imo. How many trades involve work that's not really what their trained for eg a young chippy is told by the builder to fill the Ute up, clean the shed up, go get smoko for the boys. I mean football isn't orthopaedic surgery now is it. If it's in the best interest of the team for him to sit it out then so be it...go clean out Pascoe's locker, when ya finished do Lee's.
He goes back to KOE Cup and treds on the toes of Miller who'll get the shitesters.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
He was always a goner with his ridiculous contract set up

so much for the pillow biter wanting to be a leader … good riddance to the bludger