What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stefano Utoikamanu

Nutz

Bench
I’m saying scrap the cap. It’s not able to be monitored.
I don’t see clubs folding, the worst case scenario may be they have to sell the club, I’m sure there would be plenty of buyers, this is how a lot of systems in other sports work now.
If a club pays $m’s for a player, they can, but they still need to be inside the rating system.
I would think that clubs are already doing this, outside of the salary cap anyway.
If you scrap the cap just how much are players going to be paid... ridiculous amounts of noney. Australia isn't like England and the US.
I can't see clubs like WT being able to fork out 12mil or 20mil a year??? The club ran at a loss remember.
As you hinted clubs would be sold off.
Nah I don't like it nor do I think it would work. Just make it more transparent and possibly have a combination of the cap and the points system like you mentioned.