1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Stephen Dank - Jon Mannah

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by MarkInTheStands, Mar 16, 2016.

1. MarkInTheStands

MarkInTheStands Coach

Link
    http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...imal-compensation-lawyer-20160315-gnjj66.html

I always thought it, but now someone in the legal profession has said it. So f**king Angry this grub has done such serious damage to Codes and Lives.

2. ^b0ss^

^b0ss^ Juniors

Wow just wow "which caused the death, or hastened the death, I should say, of a player aged 23 years old."

Surely if a supreme court rules that he has hastened the death of a person by administering dangerous peptides with "reckless indifference" that is a case for the mannah family to sue.?

3. phantom eel

phantom eel First Grade

Well that's one good way to lose your defamation case.

What a grub.

4. Johnny88

Johnny88 Juniors

Such a shame, Poor Mannah family.

5. phantom eel

phantom eel First Grade

Just pointing out that's only the legal rep for News Ltd's words at the moment, not the Justice deciding the case.

But yep, if teh court rules that way that would be pretty heavy stuff.

6. emjaycee

emjaycee First Grade

And this bit:

7. hineyrulz

hineyrulz Post Whore

And the merkin still thinks he has done no wrong.

Maggot.

8. phantom eel

phantom eel First Grade

Yep, it's great (in terms of clearly apportioning responsibility to Dank) the jury found that way... just up to the judge to deliver the final decision now/soon.

9. emjaycee

emjaycee First Grade

I think as this is a defamation case, the judge would only be delivering a decision on the amount of damages... not the decision itself which was the role of the jury.

10. phantom eel

phantom eel First Grade

Sure, but can the judge make the decsion to refer Dank to the DPP for prosecution, as a result of the jury's finding?

Or confirm the jury's finding to pave the way for a potential civil case?

11. Last Week

Last Week Bench

No not quite. Pretty much, if any criminal charges were to be brought against Dank or the Cronulla club, it would be along the lines of malpractice. In order to prove that, it would require a lengthy investigation by the Police and would likely need a kick start by the Coroner. It would be very difficult to prove beyond a reasonable doubt without a confession I'd say.

In my opinion, due to the high profile nature of the entire thing, it is possible that an investigation into Jon being given said substances, may be worth it in the public interest. But the people that need to be thought of first and foremost are the Mannah family. They would need to request an inquest into it. Judging from what I've seen of his family, I'd imagine that they'd rather just let Jon rest.

12. The EELiminator

The EELiminator Coach

yikes imagine being a sharks player and finding out you've been injected with a potential carcinogen or something that could accelerate any cancers you might have already

13. The EELiminator

The EELiminator Coach

is it possible the sharks club themselves might sue dank for malpractice?

14. strider

strider Post Whore

They could be walking a tightrope if there is anything Dank has to prove anyone at the club had any idea what he was doing ... and alternatively they would probably come out being negligent for not knowing

15. muznik

muznik Juniors

I was under the impression that this was denied by the Mannah family when it first came out?

Something along the lines of Jon had already been diagnosed & knew what he could & couldn't take. That left me thinking that Jon didn't participate in the program for that reason. Maybe my recollection is wrong.

I would expect a media statement from the Mannah family regarding this finding & if he did participate, than they should pursue this grub.

16. El Diablo

El Diablo Post Whore

they did http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-04-26/mannahs-family-refutes-cancer-peptides-link/4653924

you would think his family would know him better than strangers on a jury

17. parra-matters

parra-matters Coach

So this so called doctor didn't know that this cell growth accelerator would also cause cancer cells to grow faster?
    He should go to gaol.

18. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

Horrific if true.

Not sure that the family would want to pursue the wrongful death thing. IIRC the report is that it "hastened" Jon's death. Such a case would be very traumatic and undo a lot of the healing.

19. phantom eel

phantom eel First Grade

20. phantom eel

phantom eel First Grade

Fair enough.
    I wouldn't expect the Mannah family need to make any statement. It's good that this grub has now got his just desserts (well, presumably bankruptcy), and as others have said the family can be left alone to continue their healing.

Good game by Tim Mannah incidently tonight - loved the way he steamrolled over Kasiano and didn't take a backward step despite the head clash.