What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stephen Kearney and Parra

Just wondering where you guys see Kearney's relationship with Parramatta at the moment?. I know alot of hype comes over him as a coach because of his days at the storm and coaching NZ; Is he close to getting axed or will they persist with him?.

Obviously you guys get a class player in Sandow next year as well as a good centre's in Willie and Esi and Ben Roberts could feature as well.

Where do you see Hayne's future?. He isn't a fullback at least defensively and isn't going too great at five-eighth?. Do you throw him in at Centre where he played well in Origin?. Sandow will feed him good ball.

The Colonel

Immortal
2011 was always going to be a restructure at the club given Andersons departure. Too early to call on his career yet until we see what he brings in next year. The current notion appears to be a ficus on youth and we have to see where that goes.

As for Hayne, he needs to accept the coaches call rather than his on where he plays. With Sandow in the halves, IMO, I think they can form a great partnership given the likes of the arrival of the Tonga brothers, Roberts and company.

Wll be eager to see results of the trials to see where those players and current ones lie in regard to their positions.

Rest assured though we will appear in the newspaper often over the off season as speculation and rumour on who, what, where when and why play out.

zuke

Juniors
Hayne has to go to Fullback. Burt to the wing. Roberts and sandow in the halves. At the moment Hayne offers nothing at No. 6. Depressing time to be an eels fan.

Chipmunk

Coach
I think he will last at least until mid way through next season. He will have the team he wants and a whole off season to work with them and has had a full season already to put all his systems in place, so he will have no real excuses. If we get the spoon this year then he will have overseen the worst result from a Parramatta team in almost 40 years....that wont and should not be tolerated for long, so I would imagine if we are around the same spot mid next year his services will not be required for too much longer....

But who knows, he seems to have full support of the Club at this point so he might even get a contract extension before the end of the season....

As for Hayne I think they're wasting they're time at Five-Eighth. Id putting back to Fullback...

The Colonel

Immortal
At the moment Hayne offers nothing at No. 6.

He offers as much as what the rest of the team has. Playing him at fullback, centre or five eight won't change this years result. The addition of the four players we have signed will change that.

Depressing time to be an eels fan.

Yes but I sat through the nineties and this is nothing.

This year is seen as a building year but next year, the blow torch needs to be on him. If we were getting hammered all year, I think more questions will be asked but we have lost so many close games.

I think the thing that really dissapoints me is we don't have any structure or many plays - the only game where we looked really organised and with a game plan was against the Warriors in Round 1. Since then, we lack someone organising and coming up with set plays. His use of the bench is deplorable - he doesn't pick the best 17 (in the right positions) each week.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just wondering where you guys see Kearney's relationship with Parramatta at the moment?. I know alot of hype comes over him as a coach because of his days at the storm and coaching NZ; Is he close to getting axed or will they persist with him?.

If we're going this crap next year they should give him the arse. If we even miss the finals there will be a lot of pressure on him.

Obviously you guys get a class player in Sandow next year as well as a good centre's in Willie and Esi and Ben Roberts could feature as well.

They will make a world of difference. As you can see we're most lacking at centre and the halves.

Where do you see Hayne's future?. He isn't a fullback at least defensively and isn't going too great at five-eighth?. Do you throw him in at Centre where he played well in Origin?. Sandow will feed him good ball.

Don't believe the hype. He's a great fullback in both attack and defence - he's only the second player ever to win the Dally M Medal at fullback, and this was back when he wasn't much of a ball-player.

Eels Dude

Coach

Hayne is not a poor defender at fullback. He is poor positionally at fullback, but that's because he's never really been given a long term opportunity to excel there. In his early years he was floating all over the backline.

To answer your other enquiry, I have question marks over Kearney and am puzzled by some of his decisions. He's probably not the best coach for us at this time. In saying that he deserves to see out his 3 year contract. You can't just go sacking coaches every time you have a bad year. That's a mistake our club made last year and hopefully they don't repeat it.

Avenger

Immortal
Been supporting them since 1976 and this is without doubt the most frustrating season that I have had to endure.

Some of my thoughts:

1. Hayne is an instinctive player with a strong running game which has been non existent since he moved to 6. Quite frankly I think he isn't smart enough to play 6. I would put him back to fullback in 2012. For mine our season turned when he got suspended for the headbutt against the dogs and then he lost confidence when he was not picked for origin from that imposter, Ricky Stuart. He however needs a massive rocket during the off season.

2. It is not acceptable to come last no matter what the circumstances. Kearney's pig headiness re: Mortimer is a concern as is the over reliance on Keating as an 80 min player. He simply is not. Maybe that is why he signed the cardboard cutout McGuire to rotate with him. He for mine has really showed his inexperience with his bench rotation. If we do not make the 8 in 2012, he should be out on his f**king ear as should Osborne and the board.

Parra03

Juniors
Well what can we say about SK's first year !! Can't coach defense and can't coach offense. He NEEDS good/excellent players to give results. I reiterate again very few have gained from his coaching this season :( and to top it all he has coached this team to be boring ... No offloads no creativity no good set moves :( yes coach has to share some blame. I don't see much hope next year. If we don't make the top 4 next year sorry he has to go .

Snoochies

First Grade
I'm one of the few who see good things. I see structure and determination from a team who on paper should finish last but as Rabs pointed out at the start of the game, where we have finished does not reflect the season we have had. The last few weeks I can understand the determination may be lacking but we have backrowers playing in the centres and makeshift halves etc.

At the start of the year, if anyone said we would have competed against Manly, St George and have Melbourne down by 18 points at one stage, I would have laughed. The season has shown we can compete above our expectations against the best but unfortunately losing by 2 - 6 points still results in no points on the ladder.

Kearney to his credit hasn't thrown in the panic towel and sees a longer term future for his plans. Next year is the real judgement year for him and if we finish anywhere near where we are now with the new players coming, then fair enough.

I also have another question. Alot of people are saying that we should throw in some future players for the rest of the year, but do their respective teams have anything to play for for the remainder of the season? Are Wenty or the Under 20's lokking at playing any finals? If they are, let them stay and achieve something rather than bringing them into firsts who have nothing but avoiding a spoon.

Delboy

First Grade
Hayne will be full back inn 2012, that is by farand away the most sensible position, and I have heard the coaches will start the year with him at fullback.

Having said that, expect some long term players to come under pressure in the back line

Eels Dude

Coach
I also have another question. Alot of people are saying that we should throw in some future players for the rest of the year, but do their respective teams have anything to play for for the remainder of the season? Are Wenty or the Under 20's lokking at playing any finals? If they are, let them stay and achieve something rather than bringing them into firsts who have nothing but avoiding a spoon.

I'll answer that question. In my opinion first grade should take precedence no matter what. It should be put first at all times. So if a younger player can benefit from a couple of games in first grade as opposed to languishing in the lower grades then play him there for future development as just those few games could help your side next year.

With the exception of Ken Sio, there's probably no young player worthy of a call up though.

Delboy

First Grade
Besides Hayne there's only one long term player in our backline and I don't expect him to play much first grade next year.
Yep, and I could also understand some pressure in the forwards too, will be quite an emotional year 2012 for a lot of us, unfortunately changes have to be made and this is when it starts

eel4life

Juniors
Put everything in perspective how well do you think Anderson would have gone with the same team this year? He had a team that made a grand final in 09 then added Poore Timana and Shack, we went from Grand Final to nothing.

Mooks was given this team this year, next year he will have a team that he wants and his tenure should be judged from next year on.

Mooks has made this club consistent we had a 10 week period where we were in every match we have played all year with no7 , no 6 and an average 9 and our best option for fullback playing 6 because he has to.

next year we will have a 7 and a 6 and hayne will go back to full back, we will have centers and we will be even more competitive by having the class to actually score points and finish of the games.

Mooks will be a good coach for the eels short term pain for long term gain ...

Latest posts