What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sterlo: I wouldn't have Lyons in the the Test Side or the NRL

Charlie124

First Grade
Sterlo is the only worthwhile member of the footy show, all the rest should get the sack, and Chief should be kicked on his way out.

As for Sterlos last contract, he obviously loved the club so much he wanted to play no matter what the risks were, and when he left he didnt just dump and leave to another club, he had to retire. Lyon took the money and ran because he hated the place, massive difference.

wittyfan

Referee
effnic said:
Now im convince you and wittyfag are the same person, you agree with everything it says.

Didn't you call yourself Beaver for a time and tried to pass yourself off as someone else? :lol:

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
eels_fan_01 said:
Seems different still. He wanted to play for the club and Lyon didnt.

He still took the money and completed 1 game into a 2 year contract from memory. And back in his day he was on huge money.

He has admitted on the footy show he couldn't coach to save himself even though he holds a coaching certificate. If he was as good a judge as you all claim him to be, he would have taken a coaching job.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
He still took the money and completed 1 game into a 2 year contract from memory. And back in his day he was on huge money.

He has admitted on the footy show he couldn't coach to save himself even though he holds a coaching certificate. If he was as good a judge as you all claim him to be, he would have taken a coaching job.

lets weigh it up..

Commentate Football make a packet and have no stress...

Or Coach Be stressed get less then he would working More days as a coach...

Y2Eel

First Grade
Cockadoodledoo said:
It would all have merit if Sterling hadn't played his last season against doctors orders who told him his shoulder was one big hit away from retirement.. He played 9 minutes, did his shoulder and got paid $300k out of the then $1.5m salary cap. Talk about people in glass houses..

Atleast he didnt run out on the club... he put his body on the line for the club he loves lyon never will...

Mr Saab

Referee
Cockadoodledoo said:
It would all have merit if Sterling hadn't played his last season against doctors orders who told him his shoulder was one big hit away from retirement.. He played 9 minutes, did his shoulder and got paid $300k out of the then $1.5m salary cap. Talk about people in glass houses..

And much deserved 300k for the yrs of service he gave to that club.
4 comps and gave the eels a lasting legacy from the 80s.
The 300k was not just for the "9 minutes" it was for the past 13 or so yrs of service he gave to that club.
Players dont start on 300k contracts, they have to earn it...and Sterlo earnt every cent.
Lyon...hah...what did he give to the Eels?

tbone10

Juniors
Parra Guru said:
Sorry but are you referring to me? Because I really don't give a flying f**k about Jamie Lyon. I'm glad that he's not coming back to Parra because I don't think he'd be welcome.

I was referring to the clause in his contract. And I think most Manly fans have the brains to think that it's a bit f**king ridiculous.

No it was actually directed at all parra fans. Take a leaf out of Hindy's book and build a bridge...he was never gonna win you a premiership with a dope of a coach anyway.

ianrhodes

Juniors
having seen lyons play for st helens in the ESL can only say that manly are getting a player who aint ad too do much to impress in this league

HE is by far the best overseas player we av ad in the uk game
since sterling in 1986

1point hes only in the squad and i belive u (aussies) have enough centres to keep him out of the team

He as come a good goal kicker while hes been in england

as a parra fan in the uk every time he played against bradford i gave him heeps the little fat pig wrestler

tbone10

Juniors
ianrhodes said:
having seen lyons play for st helens in the ESL can only say that manly are getting a player who aint ad too do much to impress in this league

since sterling in 1986

1point hes only in the squad and i belive u (aussies) have enough centres to keep him out of the team

as a parra fan in the uk every time he played against bradford i gave him heeps the little fat pig wrestler

LMAO
WTF???

speaka da english?

Ron Jeremy

Coach

9 minutes?, didn't he do his shoulder in rd 2 against Wests?, and apart from that, he showed his true emotional side when he announced his retirement, what did Lyon do? went home to play XBOX and travel to North of England because he was still homesick. Wouldv'e been times in the 80's when Sterlo was probably under payed tbh

Whats he suppose to say dickflop? "i'm the next Jack Gibson"....the guy has integrity, not one to bloat about himself.

You say that but i bet any money he can outrun any player on your team.

Yeah, another great post from you. Ever heard of Luke Burt or Eric Grothe...or even Timana Tahu or Jarrad Hayne.......probably not, Jamie Lyon is quick, but not a genuine speed machine like the guys i mentioned.

As for Sterlo?, totally agree with his comments, and i don't think he's not the only high profile person in League to share his views.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
ianrhodes said:

since sterling in 1986

Ever heard of Brett Kenny, A Johns etc

Parra Guru

Coach
All Parra fans eh?

Well luckily we don't all generalise because going off your efforts, all Manly fans are w*nkers.

Some of you guys really bring down the decent Manly fans on this forum with your crap.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
PG :clap: - so true.

TBH, i hate the fact that judas will play against us, because i watch all the superleague that is on fox sports, and IMO he is close to the best player in the world over the past 2 years, ive been saying that Aus should pick him at centre for a while now... And he is fast, but he cant beat Burt, Grothe, Timana, Hayne in a footrace thats for sure.s

tbone10

Juniors
Parra Guru said:
All Parra fans eh?

Well luckily we don't all generalise because going off your efforts, all Manly fans are w*nkers.

Some of you guys really bring down the decent Manly fans on this forum with your crap.
That is horsesh*t! Everyone who doesn't support Manly is against them and you know it. All Parra fans have whinged and bitched from the day Lyon was linked to Manly. Now i can't wait for him to run rings around Hayne, Tahu, Grothe and Burt!

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
tbone10 said:
That is horsesh*t! Everyone who doesn't support Manly is against them and you know it. All Parra fans have whinged and bitched from the day Lyon was linked to Manly. Now i can't wait for him to run rings around Hayne, Tahu, Grothe and Burt!

thats going in my sig, so you cant deny it.

I'm been fairly quiet on the whole Lyon situation as of late, mainly because I've got very mixed feelings with him coming back to Manly. He's a class act, there is no doubting that, however it reminds me of the Kimmorley situation a few years back. All pennies for one bloke, who ends up being a hack, then we're stuck with nothing. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong. The "Cleal Clause" in his contract is not very convincing either tbh.

Tbone, mate, you honestly have to see it from the Parramatta fans perspectives, of course they are going to be angry! Can you imagine if Brett Stewart signed a new 2 year deal today worth, $350,000 a year, played one game and took off (with a stack of $$$) for reasons later proved to be false. I'd be filthy, and for good reason! I'm glad that there are some Parra fans that have forgiven him, and also recognise that there are always going to be Parramatta fans that will never forgive him, but fact of the matter is what's done is done, obviously if he had his chance again, he may have done things differently.

In 2007, he'll prove to us all whether he is the player he's talked up to be and whether or not he can stick it with other top centres in the NRL eg Hodges, Gasnier, Tate etc. But obviously after next week, he's officially a Manly player, and I'll support him till the end, but I can definately understand what the Parramatta fans must have been through, and the memory of how he left and still fresh in their minds and why they are so frustrated about the whole situation.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Great Essay-like post, but one critique with it is that if he had his time over im sure he woudlnt do it any diff.

If he wouldn't do anything differently the second time then there is some drastically wrong with the bloke. I'm sure he would, but obviously my opinion differs from others.