What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sterlo: I wouldn't have Lyons in the the Test Side or the NRL

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Its good to see that you have a differing opinion, it was getting a bit hard to NOT generalise manly fans, but you sir... are a breath of fresh air. Tbone and Scottyj could learn from the model behaviour of their moderator, its great to see others empathising with the plight of the betrayed (eels fans.)

Hutty1986

Immortal
Lyon is lucky to even be in the squad

There's no way he'll get a spot in the centres with all the class players in front of him

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Thats right, great player in England doesn't mean much imo. Carney is a good player in the NRL, but he was a superstar in English RL, he gets more publicity these days from the footy show and not his football.

I'm glad now he's not with us, but with Manly, imagine having a "cleal clause" hahaha

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
Sterling joins the list of pathetic ex greats from their respective clubs who continue to bag the machinations of a club they USED to play for. Sterling has proved what i have thought of him for a long time now, grow up you bald chubba chup and let go...................

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
I'm no too happy about Lyon signing either. I would have rathered a couple of props and a lock.

I do believe he has been punished by Parramatta. It's probably the only action Fitzy has ever done that I agree with. Holding him to that contract and making him go to the ESL away from rep teams was a fair price. For all we know that may have been 2+ of his best years in rep footy if he played.

I never heard the Snorkel complaining that Tallis shouldn't be allowed to play in the NRL after what he did to the Dragons...

But as for his form now, it's good enough to play for Australia now he is coming back. It's not like players haven't been selected from the ESL before for rep sides. Chris Anderson selected a player when he had replacements available within a squad. QLD brought Langer back from the ESL. Half of the NZ team plays in the ESL too. Almost all of the English side as well.

He is perfectly entitled to play in the NRL too.

tbone10

Juniors
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
I'm no too happy about Lyon signing either. I would have rathered a couple of props and a lock.

I do believe he has been punished by Parramatta. It's probably the only action Fitzy has ever done that I agree with. Holding him to that contract and making him go to the ESL away from rep teams was a fair price. For all we know that may have been 2+ of his best years in rep footy if he played.
Actually Fitzy told him he could have a release for any club except Manly

Tank30

Juniors
Jamie Lyon is a talented player with no backbone, morals or class.

As far as I am concerned, a season ending injury in the tri-nations would be a fitting end to what has been garbage saga from a low life person.

Hutty1986

Immortal
So SE Rock, you'd rather have a tubby, walkabout pig hunter playing for Aus in the centres than 2 world class gamebreakers in Hodges and Gasnier?

He's been a revelation in England... lets just wait until he comes back to the big boys league

tbone10

Juniors
Hutty1986 said:
So SE Rock, you'd rather have a tubby, walkabout pig hunter playing for Aus in the centres than 2 world class gamebreakers in Hodges and Gasnier?

He's been a revelation in England... lets just wait until he comes back to the big boys league

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

f**king oath i would

Stagger eel

Staff member
tbone10 said:
Actually Fitzy told him he could have a release for any club except Manly

actuslly that proves that you know very little of the condition of the release. Your full of sh*t.

Dutchy

Immortal
no.2_lukeburt said:
Its good to see that you have a differing opinion, it was getting a bit hard to NOT generalise manly fans, but you sir... are a breath of fresh air. Tbone and Scottyj could learn from the model behaviour of their moderator, its great to see others empathising with the plight of the betrayed (eels fans.)

OI - Penis head.. I agree what he did to Parra was bad...I was trying to stay out of that....all I said is that Sterling is bitter about the situation...and Parra fans would agree coz they are bitter about Lyon and what he did to them 2

dont bring me in2 sh*t

Canard

Immortal
Reading between the lines, it seems that Jamie shot through because he didn't get on with Smith.

Now from what Ive seen of Des Hasler, he seems to be just as much of a hardarse if not moreso than Smith, It will be interesting to see how that pans out.

I mean I went and watched St Helens play 2 weeks or so ago, and I can see Dessy saying "Jamie you need to lose some weight, you tubby biatch".

I mean what happens if the going gets a bit tough? Does he do a runner again?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I just hate the fact that when he was named in the squad he was named as a Manly player, I mean FMD he hasnt even finished with St Helens yet and hasnt even put on the boot for Manly yet.:x

ianrhodes

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
Ever heard of Brett Kenny, A Johns etc

yes mate kenny did 1 season at wigan and was a great player
as for andrew johns 4 games with warrington last season got paid plenty for it

remember lewis at wakefield
meninga at st helens in the early 80s
mario fenich at bradford came to get rid of a suspension the left

but sterlo the best aussie player imo to play club rugby in the uk

effnic

Bench
eelavation said:
actuslly that proves that you know very little of the condition of the release. Your full of sh*t.
Actually that little comment of your once again proves you have nfi but think you think you know everything and everyone in the parra club.

BTW- Still waiting for something huge to come out of the manly club as your "insider" said back in 2005 off season. Wanker.

Simple as this keep your mouth closed cause you dont know sh*t.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
ianrhodes said:
yes mate kenny did 1 season at wigan and was a great player
as for andrew johns 4 games with warrington last season got paid plenty for it

remember lewis at wakefield
meninga at st helens in the early 80s
mario fenich at bradford came to get rid of a suspension the left

but sterlo the best aussie player imo to play club rugby in the uk

Brett Kenny Lance todd trophy winner against Hull ( Sterlings side) in 85 Challenge cup, Sterlo was great, but Kenny was dynamic over there, totally outplayed his team mate;-)

Latest posts