What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sterlo Just Gave it to Jamie

noosa-eel

Juniors
Great minds think alike.. :lol: i posted the same thing a couple of days ago in another post. ;-)

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Im with Sterlo, I used to have a lot of respect for Jamie even when he left Parramatta for Wee Waa and said he's sick of city life. But after last week signing with St. Helens I just cant figure whats going through the kids head, and I am very disappointed in Jamie. Maybe BS had something to do with it, but I wouldnt blame it on Brian. If Lyon was to come back to Australia, he better fix up his attitude.

Shame on you Jamie. [-(

Iafeta

Referee
It hurts to see good players leave.

...Ali...PJ.... Henry.... I've cried the Nile River for my club.

I can't get over the hypocritical nature of Jamie's departure. Quite absurd. I would say he had a problem with Cleal's departure but if he was smarter and relied on Noel that much he would have negotiated a clause into his contract granting him an optional release should Noel not be at the club.

Eelectrica

Referee
I agree with Sterlo on what he said, but I also hope Lyon can get himself sorted out. Right now he is a major head case.

scottyeel

Bench
I hope they win the ESL next year so Hindy can smash in the Club Challenge after we win next years grand final.

stuke

Bench
good to see someone on the footy show give an opinion - and criticise a player!!! doesn't happen often.

PJ Marshal

Coach
scrooge.gif

bartman

Immortal
Sterlo's a country kid who also played in the north of england for an off-season or two, so he knows what he's talking about with the culture shock.

I think the further away Jamie is from Crusher, all his managers and anyone else that's been influencing him this year, all the better for his head on a personal level, and he might actually sort himself out while over here?

Appartently his St Helens deal included a car and accommodation - but if I find out he's zipping around Merseyside in a wanky sport car then that'll do for me...

Suitman

Post Whore
bartman said:
Appartently his St Helens deal included a car and accommodation - but if I find out he's zipping around Merseyside in a wanky sport car then that'll do for me...

Let me know Bart boy if he is seen at Anfield.........that'll do it for me as well. (if it hasn't already ;-) )

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
yep! Sterlo didn't miss him did he? I'm certain our other club legends who have been vocal against our management would of felt betrayed Lyons tactics. ie: Kenny and Price.

PJ Marshal

Coach
Jamie Lyon is like Michael Owen in my opinion

Lyon - I dont have problems with Brian Smith

Owen - I'll Never Leave Anfield

:lol: men of truth!

Eels Dude

Coach
In an article yesterday Jamie stated he has had "no regrets" about leaving Parramatta. That is a disgraceful thing to say in my opinion. Fair enough you have no regrets about yourself, but the way he treated the fans and his team-mates was totally un-acceptable and surely he must regret his actions in that regard.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
just so there is one positive post in this thread, i can't help but wish him luck in england. (don't bash me)

True EEL

Bench
i'm just gald that this is finally sorted out and that we can get on with things and all the wondering about his future is over

and i'm also with Jess Eel on this......good luck Jamie and hope you find what your looking for???? :?

however, i'm not just sticking up for him - and for the first time in ages i didn't see either footy show (thursday i watched the Aust v USA basketball in the Olympics) and missed Sterlo have his say on the topic - but from all reports he told it like it is though??? well done Sterlo

Latest posts