What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sterlo Just Gave it to Jamie

Freak

Juniors
We need Sterlo back at the club in some shape or form!!

Surely his days at C9 are slowly but surely coming to an end!!

C'mon Kerry just give him the old thanks but no thanks!!

Eelementary

Post Whore
PJ Marshal said:
Jamie Lyon is like Michael Owen in my opinion

Lyon - I dont have problems with Brian Smith

Owen - I'll Never Leave Anfield

:lol: men of truth!

lol.

Although you'd be insane not to want to play for Real Madrid. That is the most incredible team ever:

Zidane (best around IMO), Raul, Figo, Ronaldo.

What a team.

The Colonel

Immortal
Freak said:
We need Sterlo back at the club in some shape or form!!

Surely his days at C9 are slowly but surely coming to an end!!

C'mon Kerry just give him the old thanks but no thanks!!

He and Fatty signed new deals recently I believe

Eelementary

Post Whore
JessEel said:
just so there is one positive post in this thread, i can't help but wish him luck in england. (don't bash me)

That's a very noble sentiment.

Had he not said that he has no regrets, I might just have said the same.

But he has lost all my respect now.

mightypanther

Juniors

Good on Sterlo for saying publically what everyone has been thinking.

Lyons did the dirty on Parra, and I reckon it would have been even better if they had not
released him at all.

They should have forced the lying little creep to sit out his entire Parra contract in
Wee Waa, and have him forced to take the risk that by then all the clubs would have
lost total interest in him.

No player should be allowed to treat their contract with the contempt that he showed for his.

Eelementary

Post Whore
mightypanther said:

Good on Sterlo for saying publically what everyone has been thinking.

Lyons did the dirty on Parra, and I reckon it would have been even better if they had not
released him at all.

They should have forced the lying little creep to sit out his entire Parra contract in
Wee Waa, and have him forced to take the risk that by then all the clubs would have
lost total interest in him.

No player should be allowed to treat their contract with the contempt that he showed for his.

I can't believe that your club even considered signing this douchebag. Sure, with Whatuira and Girds gone you need centres. But this idiot?

I also can't believe some people wanted him back at Parra.

Give me a player who bleeds Blue and Gold and will put his body on the line for your club, although he may not be that great (Hopkins, Webster) over a talented but heartless player (Judas) any day.

mightypanther

Juniors
They didn't...contrary to media reporting.

He went to them and asked "do you want me" and they immediately said no.

End of story.

JasonE

Bench
bartman said:
Sterlo's a country kid who also played in the north of england for an off-season or two, so he knows what he's talking about with the culture shock.

I think the further away Jamie is from Crusher, all his managers and anyone else that's been influencing him this year, all the better for his head on a personal level, and he might actually sort himself out while over here?

Appartently his St Helens deal included a car and accommodation - but if I find out he's zipping around Merseyside in a wanky sport car then that'll do for me...

But when Sterlo played over there it was a winter game, now RL is played in summer it wouldn't be anywhere near as bad as it was back in Sterlo's days.

Eelementary

Post Whore
mightypanther said:
They didn't...contrary to media reporting.

He went to them and asked "do you want me" and they immediately said no.

End of story.

Really? Well, that's good.

It would have sucked for you - sure he is an awesome player. But you just know that he wouldn't put his body on the line for your team.

As Jerk say, "I HATE PEOPLE LIKE THAT."

The Colonel

Immortal
JasonE said:
bartman said:
Sterlo's a country kid who also played in the north of england for an off-season or two, so he knows what he's talking about with the culture shock.

I think the further away Jamie is from Crusher, all his managers and anyone else that's been influencing him this year, all the better for his head on a personal level, and he might actually sort himself out while over here?

Appartently his St Helens deal included a car and accommodation - but if I find out he's zipping around Merseyside in a wanky sport car then that'll do for me...

But when Sterlo played over there it was a winter game, now RL is played in summer it wouldn't be anywhere near as bad as it was back in Sterlo's days.

I think Sterlo is talking culturally as opposed to weather JasonE. While it will be different as far as weather goes, the close scrutiny under which most sports people are placed in England is a lot different to Australia. While they can be heavily placed in the media spotlight in Australia its three times that in England.....

mightypanther

Juniors
It would have sucked for you

Too right it would have. No club needs someone with so little respect for obligation,
and loyalty.

I don't know about anyone else, but I REALLY believe that he shouldn't have been allowed out of his contract at all.

It's got to the point these days where no contract is worth the paper it's written on.

And surely there should have been some sort of rule that stopped him from being
able to dodge all his obligations completely by going to the other side of the world to play?

It's like he's being rewarded for walking out on the contract because he's going to be
paid one helluva lot more money than he would have got at any club in this country.

Eelementary

Post Whore
mightypanther said:
It would have sucked for you

Too right it would have. No club needs someone with so little respect for obligation,
and loyalty.

I don't know about anyone else, but I REALLY believe that he shouldn't have been allowed out of his contract at all.

It's got to the point these days where no contract is worth the paper it's written on.

And surely there should have been some sort of rule that stopped him from being
able to dodge all his obligations completely by going to the other side of the world to play?

It's like he's being rewarded for walking out on the contract because he's going to be
paid one helluva lot more money than he would have got at any club in this country.

That's a good point mate.

I think though that we were happy to see him go (if we got paid the $150000 ) because we wanted the money to top up people like Hindmarsh's contracts.

mightypanther

Juniors
I think though that we were happy to see him go (if we got paid the $150000 ) because we wanted the money to top up people like Hindmarsh's contracts.

Yeah......I suppose that's true too. It was probably better for Parra in the long run
to let him go......it just seems so unfair that he doesn't seem to have sufered any
kind of punishment for what he did.

But I guess what's done is done now.

I must say........I do hope he falls flat on his face over there, and gets sooo damn
homesick that it hurts... :twisted: :lol:

yy_cheng

Coach
Not sure if this article was posted here or not. If so, forgive me.... :lol:

"Jamie told me he felt he would be letting his mates in the bush down if he left now and he didn't want to do that," McManus said. "He is showing a lot of loyalty towards them and that's a good quality. I can't argue with that sort of attitude."

Um err, I guess he had no mates at Parra.

Under the terms of his release, if Lyon left St Helens early he would go back under the control of the Eels until the end of 2006.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

At least then Manly can't get hold of him!!

WHole article

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/08/21/1092972828582.html

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Ah, the Aussie country lifestyle. What everybody dreams of in Northern England. :roll:

Hurriflatch

Referee
For anyone who got it there is a funny cartoon in todays tele on Lyon don't know what page it is on but it is in the bit where DEan Ritchie answers peoples SMS's.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Whoever bought Vaealiki got screwed. Would you prefer to pay $500k for Freshy, or $250k + accomodation and car for Lyon (assuming he'd stick around)?

Dean

Juniors
Blacklock, Walker, and Lyon. Fast on the field and even faster off it. Little whingers who run when things arn't to their liking. The only pig Lyon will find in England is the one in the mirror.

Latest posts