What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Mascord has a rant

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
I detest the recorded segments for ABC Grandstand. Complete waste of time.

They drive me mad too, they'll be having a good interview or conversation and Debbie will cut in about how the stats guy has to tell us who the oldest team in the comp is

Mr Saab

Referee
Debbie Spillane....lols....she still going around? Call me sexist, i dont give a crap, but i dont like her or the female sideline eye they use - both clueless when it comes to league.

Brutus

Referee
Spillane and Shannon Byrne are awful. Some of the basic league league facts those two get wrong are embarrassing. Byrne is originally an AFL chick anyway.

undertaker

Coach
Debbie Spillane....lols....she still going around? Call me sexist, i dont give a crap, but i dont like her or the female sideline eye they use - both clueless when it comes to league.

Unfortunately, the NRL have bowed to political correctness over the last several years. I wouldn't have a problem with them having a woman as a sideline commentator giving updates or doing pre/post-match interviews if they at least knew the game and had good media skills, rather than just picking women that know nothing about RL and no media talent but picking them just because they're a woman in order to give the public the impression they're not being discriminatory against women. Reminds me of how Ch9 tried to use Stephanie Branz (or whatever her name was) on their cricket coverage and it wasn't very well received by neither than viewers or the players. Just slotting in someone who used to be a model into a job with no formal media training in that area was always a recipe for disaster.

Latest posts