What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Matai has to be the softest player ever

Bulldog Force

Referee
First up, the point of this post is NOT to upset any Manly or Matai supporters. However, I am deadset sick of watching a game and seeing this guy get injured ALL THE TIME. How on Earth he takes the field every week and gets injured is beyond me. I don't know how he cops all these injuries and I'm starting to suspect that it's not possible for someone to have injury luck as bad as his. I have never seen it in any sporting arena and I don't know how he manages to always have his body in the wrong place at the wrong time on so many occassions. Rugby League is a mans sport, and if you're so soft that you're going to go down and stay down in every game, then Rugby League is NOT for you!!!

0,,6340966,00.jpg
kiwi3_narrowweb__300x408,0.jpg

Big Pete

Referee
He's got nerve damage in his neck, just like Brent Tate.

He needs to get it inspected.

mrbishi

Juniors
He was pretty close to not playing again due to nerve/neck damage, there was talk they were going to try and get a tate style neck brace for him, but nothing ever came of it, so there you have it, if you notice when he goes down, and has the same look on his face as the photos, its usually followed by him reaching for his neck/shoulder area or shaking his arm and clenching his fist like he's got pins and needles....

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If it means he can play fine in the future, perhaps he needs an extended lay off so he can get it looked at.

BTW, :lol: @ the thread title in the light of your opening sentence...

Raider_69

Post Whore
I actually agree with this post to a degree
he's obviously got issues he needs to sort out, he's clearly a very tough guy to play on but im f**king tired of seeing the git go down 3-4 times a game clutching at something. It annoys the f**king sh*t out of me.

MSIH

Bench
I actually agree with this post to a degree
he's obviously got issues he needs to sort out, he's clearly a very tough guy to play on but im f**king tired of seeing the git go down 3-4 times a game clutching at something. It annoys the f**king sh*t out of me.

Don't watch us then. I know that means not watching the years biggest games, but if it annoys you so much, tap out.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Don't watch us then. I know that means not watching the years biggest games, but if it annoys you so much, tap out.

:lol: the years biggest games so far for mine havent remotely involved Manly. Saints V Dogs earlier and Parra v Tigers this weekend were probably the two... but anyways, just saying, seeing him go down like a bag of sh*t every 20 minutes is f**king annoying

MSIH

Bench
The years biggest games will involve Manly though. And trust me, Matai will be in there getting injured in all of them. Love you Stevie.

Downie

Guest Moderator
Bulldog Force obviously can't put two and two together and realise it's just one injury (the nerve damage) and not Matai somehow getting injured every game.

westie

Bench
The bit I've never really understood is, if he really has such a serious neck injury, how the f**k is he allowed on the field?

Downie

Guest Moderator
I'm guessing it's only temporary pain he suffers from it and the chances of something serious occuring are pretty remote. Manly have got a pretty good physio team, they wouldn't let him out on the field if there's a chance he could end up in a serious condition from it.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
From what I understand, the nerve damage will never go away and is unfixable

I can actually tell these days by the way he is tackled when he will have a problem. It always involves a bloke coming in from 1 side, and his head goes onto a bit of an angle and that triggers it

Patsy

Juniors
care factor - i love him and don't really give a toss what the opposition supporters think !!!!

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
I have a narrowing of discs myself. I crack the f@(k out of my neck a number of times a day. It is a pain in ass, however you can't let pain get in the way of living life.

To be honest that was really sh*t timing for Manly today when he went down. It was the 4th tackle and let the Storm catch their breath and set the line for the end of the set to reduce the kick into that howling wind. If he was going to do it on purpose, I certainly don't think he would have picked that time.

effnic

Bench
He needs to retire and become a ref or gangster rapper.

lol what about if he could be both? Yoyo markers square mutha f**ker markers square, you and dat other gentleman better mark up right or i will blow my whistle and give yo team a fright. You better not talk back to me i will march your punk ass 10, and then for no f**king reason i will suspend Ryles again. :eek:

Latest posts