What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Matai - scum

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
It wasn't late, and was high, maybe a hint of shoulder 1st contact, but was high

Was a 50/50 sendoff/report in NRL play for me

As for intentional, i don't think so, he always comes in for the big hits and once in a while they are going to go wrong and connect high, as todays one did. It was probably about 30cm off being a big hit, but when you come charging in you make your margin of error a lot smaller than that

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It was intentionally high. Anyone arguing otherwise is wrong.

nqboy

First Grade
Wiki Worriers said:
Piss off you bunch of pussys go and support soccer if you cant handle it.This guys full of aggression sometimes it comes off sometimes it doesnt.The game needed abit of excitement and he provided it
Isn't that just like a Kiwi? If they can only have one, they'd rather win the fight than the game. And that's why they lose so many games.

The ref got it it right although from what I've seen this year I would have been happy if the ref put it on report and give us a better game. Then give the d*ck 6 weeks.
cheers

nqboy

First Grade
Misanthrope said:
I know it's not in the spirit of the rules, but I tend to think that the occasion needs to be taken into account for decisions like that. In a regular NRL game, maybe that warranted a send off, but in a test match to celebrate 100 tests between the two fiercest rivals in international league - it seemed soft. Ten minutes, sure, but Ganson's effectively ensured that we go into next year's World Cup with the only real contender to Australia's crown looking like f**king idiots.
Put the blame where it lies. NZ have only Matai to blame.

Iafeta

Referee
nqboy said:
Isn't that just like a Kiwi? If they can only have one, they'd rather win the fight than the game. And that's why they lose so many games.

Yeah and we're a bunch of ....

Na, let's not go there, generalisations are just geniused statements, so keep to it mate.

innsaneink

Referee
Babyface O'reilly said:
The ref got it it right although from what I've seen this year I would have been happy if the ref put it on report and give us a better game. Then give the d*ck 6 weeks.
cheers

What have you seen this year?

Big Pete

Referee
Matai got what he deserved, a send off and having to watch how his tackle affected his team.

Can't see why anyone would be complaining, for once the ref showed some balls.

ah f**k off.

10 in the bin is what it warranted. But because its matai some people will make a big song and a dance about it.

But theres no denying that matai is a liability.

Mixmasterreece said:
ah f**k off.

10 in the bin is what it warranted. But because its matai some people will make a big song and a dance about it.

But theres no denying that matai is a liability.

you aren't aware that you can't give it 10 in the bin are you? it's either a send off or nothing

gong_eagle

First Grade
isnt against the forum rules how this whole thread has been
also isn't the title defamatory against Matai

Oh and My 2 cents Send off was the correct call & 1 or 2 week suspension ( ive seen worse )

tiger_nick

Bench
if thats not a send off then nothing is.

p.s the aussie forwards are soft, should have been straight in there