What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Menzies to retire

kdalymc

Bench
Farkkkk must be his original head gear cos as if they would still make that piece of shit haha

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
amazing run by Menzies... well done mate.. one of those blokes you couldn't help but like.. even if he did play for manly...

to put his career into perspective, the year he debuted for manly:

• paul keating was our prime minister
  • schindler's list won best picture Oscar
  • 4 non blondes were tearing up the charts with "what's up"
  • kurt cobain had around a year to live
  • $2 coins had only been in circulation for 5 years
  • souffs missed the finals
  • Brisbane won their 2nd premiership
  • the superleague war was still 2 years away
  • the median house price in Sydney was $188,000
  • the EB falcon & VP commodore were new in the showrooms
  • roger tuivasa-scheck was born
  • it was the NSWRL
  • Nintendo's game boy was the no. 1 selling entertainment unit
  • DVDs weren't around yet

RHCP

Bench
The RTS one is crazy. Kids playing against a guy who was playing before they were born!

What a career.

axl rose

Bench
What a combination with Cliff Lyons. Could almost make watching Manly score enjoyable.

Loved Tommys stories regarding the fights in Origin. When the call would go out to Menzies- "oh no, not the dreaded cattle dog" Guy wouldn't hurt a flea. Champion.

Last edited:

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
“It was a hard decision to take. Playing rugby league, that's what I have ever done. I'm still enjoying playing and I feel good mentally and physically but it was the right time to finish"

I think so too Steve with phrases like that. Make sure to get an MRI scan on the way out.

Great career. Stay involved in league please.

Bulldog Force

Referee
518 games for Manly, Northern Eagles, Bradford, Catalans, City, NSW, Australia and Exiles. Good job beaver!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
According to eligibility rules, Menzies can play for France this year.