What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Noyce Gone!!

Southern Shark

Juniors
No. He was passionate and our spokesperson. Now we have no one. Those emails we received regularly over the past months were great. Kept us up to date and encouraged us to hold firm. Now nothing. He had a go. Thank you Mr Noyce.

Get out the resume's the club looking for someone to lead them as we wander through the desert looking for a Messiah to lead us to the promised land

Eion

First Grade
If the board is going a different direction than noycey, then so be it. But this decision will make or break them.

Finally in noycey we had someone who was professional, passionate and could handle the media. All I see is the public face of noycey, but compared to the past few CEOs we've had he was streets ahead. I'd have given him a 3 year extension just for telling Kent to fugg off.

This unity mob would want to be pretty fugging quick in finalising their structure, and it better be a good one, or they are the ones goneski.

Thanks for your efforts noycey and good luck.

webShark

So the captain is on a drug ban, the coach hasnt completed his homework and the Board sacks the CEO!

Who is conducting the Ben Barba signing? Keogh. What is his pitch, we have no sponsors,coach or CEO, captain is banned so join us. By the way , dont stress about the captain stuff, we are thinking of promoting a fight night at the stadium purely to keep him happy.

Can always rely on the Sharks to trump all in the Dumbass Stakes. Thought the Wallabies had us beat but hold on, let's sack the CEO and announce no replacement. Can always rely on someone on the forum to read something deep into it. I sense a female CEO appearing. Di Padston? Couldnt run a sausage sizzle.

Sharkman

Juniors
If the board is going a different direction than noycey, then so be it. But this decision will make or break them.

Finally in noycey we had someone who was professional, passionate and could handle the media. All I see is the public face of noycey, but compared to the past few CEOs we've had he was streets ahead. I'd have given him a 3 year extension just for telling Kent to fugg off.

This unity mob would want to be pretty fugging quick in finalising their structure, and it better be a good one, or they are the ones goneski.

Thanks for your efforts noycey and good luck.

I agree whole heartedly, especially telling Kent to fg off. Handled media like a pro. If he'd been around when ASADA blew up to begin with, we'd never have been in as bad a situation as we ended up in.

Also, no way to validate this, but I always felt that the staff at the club loved him.

Thanks Noycey

Card Shark

Immortal
Now they can do the same to Flanagan and start clean....

This. It's a bit hypocritical of we keep Flanno.

They go through a review process & find they need to sack the CEO, which is fine I suppose. Yet they nominate themselves for election based on Flannos return, no ifs or buts.

Noyce handled the crap dished up to us very well & I feel sorry for him. Good luck & thanks mate.

Weaponhead

Coach
It is hard to have any faith that this restructure is a smart move when so much of the sharks operations plum new depths of incompetence.

There is now a complete leadership vacuum at the club apart from Captain Keogh and the interim ceo who no one has ever heard of.

When do memberships go on sale. I can't wait to piss away more hard earned on this club.

carcharias

Immortal
I am prepared to give this one a chance.
It just seems too weird for it not to have been a well researched plan.

The development is about to get under way and Noyce is probably not part of that future.
Sort of makes sense.
I'd bet this is a purely a business decision .
As much as Keogh rubs people up the wrong way I don't think he would have done this without a good reason.

After all it was a bit of an arranged marriage anyway.

SharkShocked

Bench
it is hard to have any faith that this restructure is a smart move when so much of the sharks operations plum new depths of incompetence.

There is now a complete leadership vacuum at the club apart from captain keogh and the interim ceo who no one has ever heard of.

when do memberships go on sale. I can't wait to piss away more hard earned on this club.

qft

Morning,

Sorry to randomly post but one of you blokes mentioned the band Rival Sons as worth a listen in another thread that I cant recall and I wanted to thank you.
They are very cool
Thats all.

SadShark

Bench
Morning,

Sorry to randomly post but one of you blokes mentioned the band Rival Sons as worth a listen in another thread that I cant recall and I wanted to thank you.
They are very cool
Thats all.

I have itchy, red specs, below the knob, running diagonally up the shaft.
That's all.

Sharky Shark

Juniors
Correct decision.

Nice guy, handled the media well but widely viewed as a dinosaur inside and outside of the club.

Lost key support over the course of 2014. Too old school, lack of process, procedure and planning. Shot himself in the foot with many poor decisions including the handling of TC (didn't follow HR protocols and exposed the club to counter claims).

The development is about to get underway. Its ultimately going to be a serious multi faceted business with leagues club, football club, residential and retail. An entire precinct.....

Noyce was a Bruno Cullen hire as Cullen was splitting time between Brisbane business interests and the Sharks. A good hire at the time.

However like any business its about growing and planning for the future.

Irrespective of what you think of the current board and the politics, or perception of, they are our best chance yet to get the club out of its perpetual mire, stabilize it and build into a truly strong club over time.

There are reasons behind every decision that may not be evident just by reading a newspaper.

Remember this, the development is the Sharks one and only chance at securing their future once and for all and becoming a heavyweight rather than a lightweight. A bit like the mining boom, a one off never to be repeated infrastructure project with annuity income streams ultimately.

This is an opportunity not to be squandered. Think about that in context of decisions.......

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Any chance we can get Keogh to shoot across the bridge and stick a screw driver in Doust's ear as well? Just while he's at it.

Noyce is an old school League admin type.

Had their day.

Latest posts