What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Noyce Gone!!

carcharias

Immortal
Correct decision.

Nice guy, handled the media well but widely viewed as a dinosaur inside and outside of the club.

Lost key support over the course of 2014. Too old school, lack of process, procedure and planning. Shot himself in the foot with many poor decisions including the handling of TC (didn't follow HR protocols and exposed the club to counter claims).

The development is about to get underway. Its ultimately going to be a serious multi faceted business with leagues club, football club, residential and retail. An entire precinct.....

Noyce was a Bruno Cullen hire as Cullen was splitting time between Brisbane business interests and the Sharks. A good hire at the time.

However like any business its about growing and planning for the future.

Irrespective of what you think of the current board and the politics, or perception of, they are our best chance yet to get the club out of its perpetual mire, stabilize it and build into a truly strong club over time.

There are reasons behind every decision that may not be evident just by reading a newspaper.

Remember this, the development is the Sharks one and only chance at securing their future once and for all and becoming a heavyweight rather than a lightweight. A bit like the mining boom, a one off never to be repeated infrastructure project with annuity income streams ultimately.

This is an opportunity not to be squandered. Think about that in context of decisions.......

hmm

pretty good first post.

I hope this is the case........I can only imagine it is.
Nothing else would make any sense what so ever.
Then again, we are who we are.

taipan

Referee
I admire Gal giving his all when he plays,but at times he carries on like a meathead .His twitter comment is just one example.Whatever you think of the NRL/Keogh/etc keep it in house FFS It ain't hard.
Captain material ? I am beginning to doubt it.:(

Weaponhead

Coach
Correct decision.

Nice guy, handled the media well but widely viewed as a dinosaur inside and outside of the club.

Lost key support over the course of 2014. Too old school, lack of process, procedure and planning. Shot himself in the foot with many poor decisions including the handling of TC (didn't follow HR protocols and exposed the club to counter claims).

The development is about to get underway. Its ultimately going to be a serious multi faceted business with leagues club, football club, residential and retail. An entire precinct.....

Noyce was a Bruno Cullen hire as Cullen was splitting time between Brisbane business interests and the Sharks. A good hire at the time.

However like any business its about growing and planning for the future.

Irrespective of what you think of the current board and the politics, or perception of, they are our best chance yet to get the club out of its perpetual mire, stabilize it and build into a truly strong club over time.

There are reasons behind every decision that may not be evident just by reading a newspaper.

Remember this, the development is the Sharks one and only chance at securing their future once and for all and becoming a heavyweight rather than a lightweight. A bit like the mining boom, a one off never to be repeated infrastructure project with annuity income streams ultimately.

This is an opportunity not to be squandered. Think about that in context of decisions.......

What you say makes perfect sense.

The problem is we are talking about the Sharks so logic, business acumen and sound planning are automatically excluded as possible inputs into the decision.

Madsharkie

First Grade
Sometimes not the sharpest tool in the shed, our Gal. Lucky he's a tough merkin with a big heart, to make up for it.

cb4

First Grade
I am hearing that Lyall Gorman is being chased hard, and has been for weeks, to lead the group C.E.O that we are trying to establish.
Not sure of the ins and outs around it, and what other people Lyall would possibly bring with him, but I would be absolutley over the moon with him as our C.E.O.

Anyone not sure of his work, google him, he has a fantastic reputation, with runs on the board.
Alos, not being a league personality is exactly what this club needs.

webShark

I am hearing that Lyall Gorman is being chased hard, and has been for weeks, to lead the group C.E.O that we are trying to establish.
Not sure of the ins and outs around it, and what other people Lyall would possibly bring with him, but I would be absolutley over the moon with him as our C.E.O.

Anyone not sure of his work, google him, he has a fantastic reputation, with runs on the board.
Alos, not being a league personality is exactly what this club needs.

Any idea why he left the Wanderers, CB?

Certainly got the crowds coming in.

cb4

First Grade
From memory, the club sold itself to a consortium led by Paul lederer.
No idea why he didn't stick around or if he was told they were bringing their own people in.
What he has achieved in the A-League is pretty impressive.

Latest posts