What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Price Quits Footy

Doomednow

Bench
I like Price. How could you not. I hated White for knocking him out.

Shame it had to be this way.

ByRd

First Grade
Unlucky for Pricey but i will always remember the times he had with us and how he only got better with age, i wish him all the best.

gUt

Coach
"He [made] front row play look easy". - Warren Ryan on Steve Price

/salute a Qld great

Bluebags1908

Juniors
Did Steve Price even get on the field this year?

A bit of a shame that it had to end this way.

So what game was his last?

SDM

First Grade
I will remember him for getting knocked out, and sharing real storage space with Tom Cruise, Travolta and R Kelly.

Ulysseus

Bench
Good player, good bloke who had the balls to face his shortcomings (gambling addiction etc) in the full public glare.
In saying that, there is extensive irony in the fact he has been halted by a leg injury.

Eels Dude

Coach
Shame it had to end that way. QLD should get him over for Origin 3 just so he can do a lap of Suncorp before or after the game or something. That would be a fitting farewell for him.

Rovelli

Bench
Sad to see him not go out as well as he hoped.

He came to the Warriors after a tumultuous 2004 season.

As an Aussie, he was at his peak New Zealand's favourite Australian. Despite signing him in 2004 aged 31, Price played four very good years for the Warriors, helping rebuild the club and leading us to the playoffs in 2007 and 2008.

Eels Dude

Coach
it's in sydney

It is too... I still get confused when they refer to Stadium Australia as ANZ. When I saw Parra's draw a couple of years ago after the change happened I was like "Why are we playing 5 or 6 games in Brisbane this year"? Not a great idea then, he'd be booed off the field which wouldn't be a fitting tribute at all.

morri (cWo)

First Grade
Shame it had to end that way. QLD should get him over for Origin 3 just so he can do a lap of Suncorp before or after the game or something. That would be a fitting farewell for him.

Im pretty sure they did something for him game 2 at suncorp

Charlie124

First Grade
Its a huge shame to see the career of one of the best blokes rugby league has ever seen end like this but he'll always be remembered for his on field achievements and for being an awesome bloke.

Congratulations on a fantasic career Pricey.

Iafeta

Referee
Outstanding player. Outstanding leader.

Some of my favourite Price games for the Warriors:

-V Knights a few years ago. Kurt Gidley was playing in the halves. He charged him down three times in the first 15 minutes and from there Gidley kicked like a bag of crap.
-V Roosters 2007. 300m or so. 31-31 draw. Price was absolutely without peer that day.
-V Manly 2009. Basically played five eighth and prop in the first 20 minutes to put over Vatuvei and Royal with pin point passes. That's the thing that can get forgotten about him, he had that bit of class to be able to play guys into gaps.

Awesome player. All the best to him, I hope he is retained in league in some capacity, hopefully back home because frankly at times he has risen into folklore in the NZ league community given how much effort he's put in on the field for the Warriors.

Without a doubt our best buy ever.

Latest posts