What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Price Quits Footy

Iafeta

Referee
Who is Tony Caine?

Some noob who thought it was a good play to dummy to his halfback, stand still for what seemed like half hour, and then take two or three paces forward from dummy half to put in a clearing kick.... with Steve Price at marker.

Shorty

Staff member
I knew the moment I opened this thread there'd be majority bitter Sharks fans claiming 'karma'.
Give me a break.

Price went out a winner, fantastic Queenslander and inspirational player.

Paul J

Juniors
An intelligent bloke and a true gentlemen.

I think he has the record for most origin games for a forward and at 35 he was playing for Qld and Australia. Amazing.

meatloaf

Juniors
Listened to a great interview with him on Talkin Sport this afternoon. He will surely be missed.

Vossy

Bench
He played 15 first grade games after that incident.

he tried to play on but due to that merkin breaking his leg, the amount of pain it now causes him if he does any sport, it causes painful problems afterwards, the bloke couldnt walk after each of those games..even without doing any sport, it still gives him grief

he tried to play on and it didnt work out

thanks Price you merkin :x dog of the highest order

he is no gentleman, he is no inspirational leader, he is a cheap shot merchant who the NRL didnt have the balls to do anything about

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Steve Price is not only a Queensland great but he's a Rugby League legend. One of the best players I've seen lace on a pair and the year he had in 2007 rates as the best I've seen from a front row forward period.

Sharks fans need to get over it. It's footy and a terrible accident occurred. Unfortunate, but you've got to let it go.

I don't suppose he's gonna give the Warriors any of their money back for contributing jack sh*t this year?

I'm with the Sharks fans on this one. Didn't he also end Kimmorley's season in an Origin match a couple years back with another cheap shot? Price has always been an undercover grub.

Brutus

Referee
Pricey is a legend.

A positive to come out of his enforced retirement will be no more knocks to the throat.

He is sounding more like Gary Larson with every interview.

Vossy

Bench
I don't suppose he's gonna give the Warriors any of their money back for contributing jack sh*t this year?

I'm with the Sharks fans on this one. Didn't he also end Kimmorley's season in an Origin match a couple years back with another cheap shot? Price has always been an undercover grub.

that would be correct, 2007 im pretty sure it was