What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Price

Dazzat

First Grade
With big Petero being ruled out for a few weeks, I'm interested to hear any news about Steve Price's recovery. Does anyone have any goss as to when he's likely to return?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I heard rumours during the off season that he has played his last game for the Warriors, but dismissed them as rubbish, now has me wondering actually

Officially, what we hear from him every few weeks is that when he tries to run he re injures the heal

blain

Juniors
I heard another 6 weeks... might have been on radio or someone sh*t talking on another forum. Im not expecting any miracles though.

Martli

Coach
Who really knows eh. He seemed to think he'd be right for one game but injured it during the warm up session. In all honesty, it's a case of he'll be back when he's back (if he comes back at all). Any speculation is pretty much just that, people pulling random figures out of no where trying to put some sort of number on it.

Micistm

Bench
Lol, don't really know what to believe in all honesty, but would be stunned if we see him play again.

Meth

Staff member
To be honest, if he does play again this season, I think he will come like a 'thief in the night. I have heard them say that heel injuries are notoriously problematic, but this is ridiculous. And we sure could use him right now

Rich102

Staff member
I am beginning to wonder if this independant overseas evaluation of Price's condition is because the Warriors think he may not play again and want to buy out the rest of his year and seek a replacement.
If they did this would the balance of this year's salary be counted under the cap?
I guess it wouldn't matter - they need a prop, fast.

Martli

Coach
I am beginning to wonder if this independant overseas evaluation of Price's condition is because the Warriors think he may not play again and want to buy out the rest of his year and seek a replacement.
If they did this would the balance of this year's salary be counted under the cap?
I guess it wouldn't matter - they need a prop, fast.

From the article I read a while ago, it sounded like it was John Mayhew's doing, just wanted to make sure he hadn't missed anything obvious because it seemed a bit odd to him.

One Warrior

Bench
Steve Price said on NRL on Fox last night that he plans and wants to stay in NZ next year as his wife is training to be a teacher and his kids are settled at school. Good news, hopefully means Tate will re-sign with us.

ozreece77

Juniors
Steve Price said on NRL on Fox last night that he plans and wants to stay in NZ next year as his wife is training to be a teacher and his kids are settled at school. Good news, hopefully means Tate will re-sign with us.

wasnt he doing a management course or something?
Couldnt see him ending up in the commentary box like so many other players. Voice is way too gravelly.

Meth

Staff member
Couldnt see him ending up in the commentary box like so many other players. Voice is way too gravelly.

Fitler ended up in commentary and he doesn't talk as much as slur

Halligan ended up in commentary despite having a tit for a brain

Skinner

Coach

He has completed his MBA so I don't think commentary is his desired future career. He may make some cameos though, who knows.

Good luck to him in whatever he does.