What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Price

Dorsai

Juniors
Price is very much an up and down coach. Players go up with the one out pass and they fall down. I cant see him actually coaching anything different with these guys. They are boring and predictable. The players, regardless of who is injured or unavailable, have no idea and they do not appear to be getting any direction on or off the field.

I would prefer not to start bagging here as frankly, where do you stop? There is not anything to really get excited about. I have seen the posts about blooding new players and well, we have had a few up there and some look as if at some point down the track they may be worth waiting for. Others do not. But why do we pick up players and leave them in the cutters? Didn't we just get a junior 5/8th? Haven't we got a half from manly last year? And before we go down the "need to see how they go in reserves and build them up" routine, take a look at that side out there. They would struggle to beat some reserve grade sides. Why persist with a combination that does not work and frankly neither of which will be there next year anyway? Play them for pete's sake. Let them have a go at least. They will either show up as good players or they will flounder. I would rather know now that I have a lemon rather than stable it and pay for it for a few more years and still get a lemon.

I am a passionate supporter. It hurts to watch this team go round week in week out and praying that something happens (other than the other side not turning up). We have 2 of the best wingers in the world imo. They get nothing to play with. We have one of the best forwards in the game in merrin. Dugan is quality and as I have said previously, he should get his fee topped up by those that did not put into the game week in week out. 4 players however do not make a team. Frizzell, harrison, and even Au Mau put in. Weyman has his moments and really needs support otherwise you see from him what we get every now and then, high mistakes. At least he puts in. We need more grunt though. Smith and costigan provided that. We have nothing anywhere near that currently. No forward go forward, no back line forward movement. We have a one out attack which an under 17's could disarm.

Which gets us back on point, what is price coaching? and frankly, if he is coaching why can't the players enact it?

Price it is time to go and do a Bennett and take a few players I am sure most could list, with you.

Smurf

Juniors
Ha ha feeling blue
That's why we have the smartest forum people
I just wish price was that smart

Dorsai

Juniors
Ditto...can't believe how far we have fallen from 2010. Talk about poor management.

Unfortunately though, it started with Bennett getting the nod as coach. I have seen it written in other posts and I agree 100%. We bought Bennett to get us a premiership. He did what he was told, but did not set us up for life after Bennett. Talent was released. Players were released after the Grand final, and seriously, how many are playing in Newcastle now.

Mr Red

First Grade
Pricey said after the match the team needs to get back to basics and simplify things... that'll do me...

LOL@PRICE...

TruSaint

Referee
Pricey said after the match the team needs to get back to basics and simplify things... that'll do me...

LOL@PRICE...

Simplicity has killed us. WTF is he talking about.
Pricey wake up and smell the roses.
We are the most simple team in the comp.
1. One kicker - Fein.
2. 2-3 forwards with grunt.
3. No goal kicker.
4. No centres. Zero.
5. Our back 3 MAKE UP MORE METRES, than our pack.
6. Our sets of six are understood to all adults, most children and some domesticated animals.
Simply put... Your vision of simplicity have simply killed us.
F... this sh..

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
1. One kicker - Fein.
3. No goal kicker.
4. No centres. Zero.
6. Our sets of six are understood to all adults, most children and some domesticated animals.
F... this sh..

I think he meant

1. Not getting tackled on the last tackle
2. Not kicking out on the full
3. No shit kicks when they are not on
4. Not throwing shit passes and forcing knock ons
5. not throwing hospital passes

In other words not playing Dragons footy

dragonv

Juniors
Surely it will be announced this week.

I have never seen so much unity among fans. There may be a small pocket who believe he should be sacked when a replacement is found or becomes available but just about any Dragon fan you speak to wants him gone yesterday.

Even when Farrar was at the helm there was debate over whether it was the players or the coach but with Half Price it is clear as day he is the problem. I needn't say more on that.

DRAGONS_10

Juniors
What is it going to take for management give our so called coach the flick?

I cant stand watching our team play the same kind of footy everyweek and expecting results.

Most fans were blaming the loses on sowie, now that he is gone who is to blame?

I cant see any logic in the decisions which price has made, get rid of soward and replace him with an average center who would not be playing first grade at any other club?

2 losses at Kogarah without scoring any points this year.. surely doust/the board have had enough of this rubbish?

Damn i miss those days when Bennett was our coach.

Father Ted

First Grade
What is it going to take for management give our so called coach the flick?

I cant stand watching our team play the same kind of footy everyweek and expecting results.

Most fans were blaming the loses on sowie, now that he is gone who is to blame?

I cant see any logic in the decisions which price has made, get rid of soward and replace him with an average center who would not be playing first grade at any other club?

2 losses at Kogarah without scoring any points this year.. surely doust/the board have had enough of this rubbish?

Damn i miss those days when Bennett was our coach.

I have had enough of Doust and the board..

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
the club should realise their error in extending Price's contract which at the time it wasn't the worse move winning 3 in a row but its clear now that he's not up to it and just pay out Priceys contract and bring in a new coach for 2014 otherwise we'll sit through another two seasons of acheiving nothing no matter who you buy in the playing roster.

Ok lets start paying out Prices contract today....if its performance based then I figure he's probably worth about $10 a week......I'll start by paying the first $8...any advances on the next $2

1. One kicker - Fein.
3. No goal kicker.
4. No centres. Zero.
F... this sh..

I totally agree with the notion that simplicity is killing us.

Steve Price's ability to call it wrong in terms of selections, what to do, and decision making in general is colossal!

Cast your minds back to middle of last season, where there was finally a glimpse of talent displayed when i think the Dragons were permitted to throw the ball around and play some 'ad lib' footy. I think it lasted all of two games. But low and behold - they were praised by the commentators for showing they indeed had some attack in them and even won a game. It was around about the time Steve Price proclaimed they had pulled down some serious pants! (btw, that sort of comment is maybe allowed after turning around bad form and winning 6 games in a row including beating some tops sides - the fact that Steve Price rolls out the 'I told you so' line was not only embarrassing, but speaks volumes of where his own head is at and another example of how he calls it wrong)

Today, in season 2013, I think the more they lose, the more their game gets dumbed down by the Coach (he calls it simplifying it and getting back to basics) - the more their individual natural games are lost; and combine that with so many key players playing out of position, plus the dismissal of Jamie Soward and with him the loss of their kicking game, and yes injuries (but I count that out because over the full season we are no worse or better than nearly all other Teams) the more their confidence is annihilated as a consequence.

Nathan Brown would never have done this. And Wayne Bennett was consumate professional at blending the basic structures and plays with discipline to open up opportunities for individual (and Team) brilliance. With that came confidence and judicious timing of our main play-maker (again Soward) of when to hit the flash button and make us score.

What we see in the meantime, is occassionally still some raw talent - e.g. Morris, the two Jacks, Runciman, Trent Merrin, and Josh Dugan.

Seriously, i can stomach the losses. It's the way we play that I cannot stand. And the futile spin of trying to convince us that they'll work hard and get it right for next week. Too late.

Think that's why there is a cry from fans to try some new faces.

We're desperate to at least be entertained.

Minh

First Grade
Ok lets start paying out Prices contract today....if its performance based then I figure he's probably worth about $10 a week......I'll start by paying the first $8...any advances on the next $2

Are there any refunds on the performance bit.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Surely it will be announced this week.

I have never seen so much unity among fans. There may be a small pocket who believe he should be sacked when a replacement is found or becomes available but just about any Dragon fan you speak to wants him gone yesterday.

that is the issue, hopefully there is a plan B to fast track a replacement this season - even a caretaker coach just to stop the current slide & lack of confidence throughout the club.

Last edited:
that is the issue, hopefully there is a plan B to fast track a replacement this season - even a caretaker coach just to stop the current slide & lack of confidence throughout the club.

I agree.

I think that things have gotten to the Point that the greater good of the club is served better by the strong message that is sent to ALL stakeholders. Players and Sponsors (current and potential), fans, staff, media and rival clubs - that challenging standards of performance internally and rectifying the slide, is more important then being seen to be supportive of a coaching situation that is clearly failing - and has become untenable.

Gomarchin

Juniors

Mr Doust has no plan B. he went hard for Bellamy in the off season and I made the comment on this forum that he needed a Plan B if Bellamy decided to stay. What transpired? Nothing. We had the disruption and speculation hanging over prices head all off season. Doust then re-signs price for a further 2 years after a 3 loss 3 win start to the year.

WHEN WILL MR DOUST BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE??????????!!?!?!

Mr Doust has no plan B. he went hard for Bellamy in the off season and I made the comment on this forum that he needed a Plan B if Bellamy decided to stay. What transpired? Nothing. We had the disruption and speculation hanging over prices head all off season. Doust then re-signs price for a further 2 years after a 3 loss 3 win start to the year.

WHEN WILL MR DOUST BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE??????????!!?!?!

Yes indeed when?

I would loooooove to know the Dynamics of Board Meetings. I would looooove to be a fly on the wall there.

Latest posts