What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Witt

spiderdan

Bench
is michael witt still playing? coz i was watching neighbours and i coulda sworn the guy called stingray i think was his name is witty.

wittyfan

Referee
If Witty's footy career takes a turn for the worse, he could always play the long lost Timmins brother. :lol:

strider

Post Whore
dazeely said:
and your going to admit to watching that crap. Dissappointed !!!!!

well there aren't that many options when its dinner time .... either of the 2 current affairs beat up story shows or some quality :)?) australian drama :lol:

PJ Marshal

Coach
dazeely said:
Off the topic slightly

I kinda feel bad bagging ex eels players, which got me thinking as to which players come to mind whom have left the club on real bad terms and deserve to be hated by the fans etc.....

The easiest one to remember is :-

1. Lyon

lyonsmall.jpg

pigsy.jpg

wittyz chick

Coach
:lol: at PJ's photos

I asked about Steve Witt long ago to the Knights management :oops: and "he is retiring and going back to QLD" was the reply I got.

But I thought the Knights wanted Robbie...oh well :( at least theres one Witt left :(

Kornstar

Coach
I am still not sure what Steve did wrong for people to hate him so much?

Fair enough he never lived up to the hype, that doesn't mean people should bag him. He showed promise, had some bad luck and moved on........no need to attack the poor guy.

PB

Bench
Kornstar said:

Fair enough he never lived up to the hype, that doesn't mean people should bag him. He showed promise, had some bad luck and moved on........no need to attack the poor guy.

I don't "hate" the bloke, he certainly always tried his best.

I got more laughter out of all the people (who think they know more about rugby league than 20 year career coach Brian Smith) who used to jam this board and the old one on the Eels website calling for Brian Smith to be sacked for not picking him, that it was an outrage that he was never getting selected, that letting him go to Newcastle was a HUGE mistake. And these people never let go...

until his first grade debut with the Knights...:D

spiderdan

Bench
Kornstar said:

you're right. the guy played great in our last sevens successful campaign and never got a shot at proving himself in firsts for us. couldn't have been great for his confidence to be told you aren't wanted not once but twice by the club that had big expectations you.

i reckon he just burnt out with the weight of expectation much like barney haslett did.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
steve i think has given up league, last i heard he was making a go of it in Macca's trade.

I think he's a real estate agent in brookvale somewhere.

Steve was a great bloke who could've been anything except for constant injuries. He is also a great tshirt maker :D i wanna see him have his own brand!

Agent Mulder

Bench
I think the writing was on the wall when Newcastle had all those injuries and Steve Witt was still running around in PL.

parralight

Juniors
PB said:
I don't "hate" the bloke, he certainly always tried his best.

I got more laughter out of all the people (who think they know more about rugby league than 20 year career coach Brian Smith) who used to jam this board and the old one on the Eels website calling for Brian Smith to be sacked for not picking him, that it was an outrage that he was never getting selected, that letting him go to Newcastle was a HUGE mistake. And these people never let go...

until his first grade debut with the Knights...:D

Yep I can see your point but...
Those same folks were berating SMITH for not giving Casey McGUIRE a go at the club. He was with us 5 or so years and never played first grade. (or if he did it was very minimal) He left because he wasnt getting at shot - went to the Broncos and is one of the first picked there.
The boy can play.

I respect Brians ability as a coach but his downfall is that he is not all seeing - he does make mistakes, and Casey was one of them. Sometimes fans can see what coaches cant and its the coach who is so ingrained and dismissive of everyone else who is heading for a fall.

In the case of the WITT boys - Brian made the right call
Brian 1 Fans 0
In the case of Casey McGUIRE - Brian made the wrong call
Brian 1 Fans 1.

All in all I think Brian was great for the club and the raiders should move heaven and earth to get him there.