What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stirring the Pot

Frenzy.

Immortal
beekershark said:
He doesnt just feed a scrum or two mate, he feeds plenty of em, he also stands at halfback many more times a match than he stands wider.

Which begs the question, is he given a roving " half" role at Cas ? or are they swapping half and 5/8 throughout the game ?

Eitherway, the point really is Mute, cause Raper, or any coach in the NRl wasn't going to put Zuess into 5/8 for us ahead of Dykes or Vagana or even Bird unfortunately, as much as raper or any other coach would put Zuessx into half ahead of NOddy or Dykes.

5/8s do play first receiver beeks. Quite often. Watch the Cows for example. Tigers. Dragons. It's commonplace. The ownership halfbacks once had over the one off the ruck possie has long gone. Except at Cronulla of course.

Props play 5/8 off scrums. Any old player packs into scrums these days. Especially late in games. In fact there's very little tradition in possies these days.

beekershark

Bench
True Frenzy, But watchign zuesses game was extremely interesting as to where he was playing. I made mention in the first half report I did before I got bored ! :)

He was attacking one in from the winger often, more a centre role, then moving closer in the red zone. But then he'd get in and play a typical halfback role around the ruck and from dummy half at times.

If they pick him as " 5/8" or Halfback, they certainly give him a roving role.

Aries

Bench
beekershark said:
No we don't Aries.

the 5/8 and the halfback together play in the HALVES.

nice attempt at side stepping the double dribble, from you, I quoted! ;-)

The "HALVES" is the shortened version referring to the "Halfbacks", which includes 5/8 and 1/2 back...

Anyway, lets get back to your post I quoted!
What was that dribble?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Aries actually has a point there.
Half is short for halfback
plural, halves, is for for halfbacks.
although I have never heard it used, 5/8 being called a half back, I have heard the 5/8 refferred to more as a half.
Other terms
standoff
flyhalf
halves pairing
scrumhalf
seven
six
?

chili pepper

Bench
Joes Milk Bar said:
Outshone Luke Dorn AND Thomas Leuluai. :lol:

Take a look at the worst rugby league team ever assembled.

Harlequins Luisi; Bradley-Qalilawa, Clubb, Smith, Gafa; Dorn, Leuluai; Tookey, Weisner, Heckenberg, Purdham, Hopkins, Temata. Interchange Haumono, Williams, Mills, Haumono.

Pretty much sums it up. Wouldn't be hardto look like a champ next to that roster

Special K

Coach
You have to also compare what Zeus has to work with at the Tigers.

Castleford: Platt, Pryce, Shenton, Bird, Viane, McGoldrick, Kain, Sculthorpe, Henderson, Nutley, Fletcher, Whitaker, Fa’aoso.
Replacements: Handforth, Huby, Ward, Dyer.

Not a lot to work with there. Fa'aoso could be decent in a few years and Nutley is good but check out that backline Zeus has to play with. I'd understand the "wouldn't hard to be a champ" if he was playing for say Saints but he is leading a side that was promoted this season!

Shark

Bench
What other terms are there for positions?

Hooker gets rake alot...Old Chippy Frilingos used to come up with some beauties.

Latest posts