What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

stop the clock simpkins u idiot

The_Libbster

Juniors
I hate the Roosters so much right now. (More than usual)Simpkins is a disgrace. I though I'd never say this but go the dogs. I hope they smash the Goosters

Crippler

Juniors
gaterooze said:
Crippler said:
simpkins got it right

They jsut showed the replay and there was NO LOCK packed when he called time off

You don't need a lock to officially pack a scrum! You only need 5 players, not 6. You are allowed to pack it without a lock.

thats only if u have a player sinbinned or sent off

Anonymous

Juniors
Did anyone think that was a fair call by Simpkins at the start. Where Hodges hurled the ball at a cowboy whilst going over the sideline and the rooster's got the ball back? Serious question, because I thought it was a fairly dodgy call.

_Anonymous

Juniors
Who is everyone going for now? At least the Bulldogs will have the greater support! I don't want the Joosters to win, at all costs they Dogs must smash em

supersoniceagle

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
Did anyone think that was a fair call by Simpkins at the start. Where Hodges hurled the ball at a cowboy whilst going over the sideline and the rooster's got the ball back? Serious question, because I thought it was a fairly dodgy call.
That was a fair call i thought...but going along with the theme of this post, Cowboys were ROBBED!!

Cowboys were robbed big time. Everything seemed to go the way of the Roosters. The better team lost. Simpkins cannot have the GF, and Shane Hayne should be no-where near the sideline... not even as a spectator.

NPK

Bench
supersoniceagle said:
Balmain_Boy said:
That was a fair call i thought...but going along with the theme of this post, Cowboys were ROBBED!!

Did the cowboy player play at the ball? I didn't see a replay of it..he may have made a reflex play at the ball though, which really isn't playing at the ball, as it is not a conscious movement.

Razor

Coach
You don't need a lock to officially pack a scrum! You only need 5 players, not 6. You are allowed to pack it without a lock.

No you can't. The rule is maximum of 7 players outside the scrum. So 6 players in the scrum if all 13 are on. If 1 player is off the field for any reason they only need 5 players in the scrum, or if 2 players are off, then you only need 4 players. The Cowboys had all 13 on.

Anonymous

Juniors
HAHAHA. How biased are you guys?? The worst high tackle of the day was by Sargent and didn't even get penalised, O'Donnell has knocked Crocker into next week 50 metres off the ball and not been sent-off, and several incorrect calls went the Cowboys way, especially in the first half.

edabomb

First Grade
Crippler said:
simpkins got it right

They jsut showed the replay and there was NO LOCK packed when he called time off

however a penalty should of been given before that

Correct. But hes had no hesitancy in blowing time off in bizzare circumstances previously. Plus it should of been a penalty to the Cowboys from the kick off anyway, which would have thrown the whole actual sequence of events out of sync.

edabomb

First Grade
Thierry Henry said:
HAHAHA. How biased are you guys?? The worst high tackle of the day was by Sargent and didn't even get penalised, O'Donnell has knocked Crocker into next week 50 metres off the ball and not been sent-off, and several incorrect calls went the Cowboys way, especially in the first half.

I didn't see a conclusive replay of that personally.

Nug

Juniors
They didnt pack the scrum on time.. 9 showed it afterwards.

Cowboys were the better team, but their lack of experience showed when they failed to put the roosters away when they had the momentum.
Roosters have that experience, and know how to win the big games.

The_Savage_1

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:

from a neutral supporter, i concur. if anything, i thought the cowboys got the rub of the green. they got at least one try from an incorrect ref call.

the anti-roosters sentiment in here has gone way too far! :roll:

Broncodroid

Juniors
Simpkins made the right decision. Minichello knocked on, a scrum should of followed as the players were about to do. Should Simpkins of called time off ? No. If Minichello knocked on in the first 5 mins of the game, would fans being crying out 'The Cowboys got robbed !". Again, no.

We have rules, the ref in the middle should not be expected to doctor the rules due to the time left on the clock. Simpkins DID NOT have to call time off for the only reason being there was 5 secs left in the game. IF he had called time off for EVERY stoppage of play throughout the 80 mins, then YES, he should of called time off giving the Cowboys one last shot.

The right decision was made and David Myles should have a good look at himself for the ensuing tantrem that followed when Simpkins stood hi ground.

Apart from that, great game. Congrats to the Roosters and better luck next year for the NQ Cowboys who will enter the 2005 season a much better football team for their experience earnt over the last month.

Chook

First Grade
Maybe if the Cowboys hadn't wasted 20 seconds getting a kicking tee they'd have had time to organise their scrum? I suppose we'll get the blame for that too? :roll:

Chook.

rossy

Juniors
Chook said:
Maybe if the Cowboys hadn't wasted 20 seconds getting a kicking tee they'd have had time to organise their scrum? I suppose we'll get the blame for that too? :roll:

Chook.

There was a thread saying Ron Palmer took it... And they were serious!

:) :) :)

_Anonymous said:
5 seconds was plenty of time for the Cowboys to go over, but don't be stupid.

I can't wait to see Willie Mason, no matter how much I hate him.. take off Ricketson's head.

You'll have to wait till next year for that.

Anonymous

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
Crippler said:
wasnt it simpkins that stopped the clock after the siren had rung in a canberra saints match a couple of years back?

it most certainlly was
he robbed us then, and now he has robbed the 'boys!
Was that the match where Simpkins sent off Mark Riddell but allowed Troy Thompson to stay on the field?
And I think the decisive penalty was when Finch was a mile offside (that right, you mate Finch).
Yes that was the match.

Selective memories.

People whinge too much about referees.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Willow said:
Raider_69 said:
Crippler said:
wasnt it simpkins that stopped the clock after the siren had rung in a canberra saints match a couple of years back?

it most certainlly was
he robbed us then, and now he has robbed the 'boys!
Was that the match where Simpkins sent off Mark Riddell but allowed Troy Thompson to stay on the field?
And I think the decisive penalty was when Finch was a mile offside (that right, you mate Finch).
Yes that was the match.

Selective memories.

People whinge too much about referees.

Firstly the hooter had gone, the scrum should never have packed and i didnt think finch was offside at all.., i dont recall Riddell being sent off, nor do i recall any incident involving thompson so i cant comment on that

Latest posts