What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stop the Hagan bashing!!!!!

CycloneSteve

Juniors
OK some chick just got on the Continuous Call calling for questions to be answered in relation to Hagans future of the club. Darryl Brohman basically said that its not the coaches fault, its the lack of quality players and I agree 100%.
Hagan won us a premiership in our first year and has gone on to be QLD Origin coach. The club needs to seriously look at our playing roster, as some of the blokes on it are obviously NOT having a go.
Dont bag Hagan.....if you are gunna bag anyone, give it to the players and the Knights management.

I heard that call on 2gb, she has all the right to say what she wants, thats her opinion..i tend to agree with her , Hagan may have won a premiership in his first year, but he hasnt done much since, and thats the plain truth..Yes the players need to take some blame but so does hagan, he aint god!!!

*melliez*

Juniors
I agree with you CS. I mean, all Hages can do is get the players that he has available, because of bad management decisions, and injuries ready for game day, and send them on their way.

It is management's job to get good players that will win games and premierships to the club, and the players job to play well enough to win games and premierships.

Unfortunately, we don't have the players or management to do either of these things.

knights_maniac

Juniors
Hagan has some responsibility in the players that come / go to the club...how big or small that is I dont know for sure...he is responsible for some of this situation.

Some of the blame is on his shoulders in my opinion...note the word "some".

scottyeel

Bench
CycloneSteve said:
OK some chick just got on the Continuous Call calling for questions to be answered in relation to Hagans future of the club. Darryl Brohman basically said that its not the coaches fault, its the lack of quality players and I agree 100%.
Hagan won us a premiership in our first year and has gone on to be QLD Origin coach. The club needs to seriously look at our playing roster, as some of the blokes on it are obviously NOT having a go.
Dont bag Hagan.....if you are gunna bag anyone, give it to the players and the Knights management.
Did you send them an email this afternoon Steve?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Hagan may have been coach when we won in 2001, but the side he had was created by the previous coach (Ryan). Much like Stuart's Roosters premiership.

As others have said, Hagan has a large say in who the club recruits. He needs to shoulder some of the blame for our substandard playing roster, as well as all of the blame for constantly sticking with undeserving players.

Razor

Coach
I will bag Hagan like I have done since he was appointed. He didn't win us the 2001 premiership, that was Warren Ryan's doing.

I've bagged Hagan when he was appointed, and ever since.

Hagan should go

It is management's job to get good players that will win games

The coach tells the management what players he wants though.

CycloneSteve

Juniors
scottyeel said:
CycloneSteve said:
Did you send them an email this afternoon Steve?

Yes I did

Nuffy

Bench
Hagan as head coach has complete say on who goes and stays, the defensive patterns, attacking moves, conditioning and team development.

Therefore, this roster is Hagans team.

The excuses have run out for Hagan, hes had the team for 5 years and EVERY year we have gone backwards, from Premiers to favourites for the spoon in 5 years.

CS, who is responsible for the playing roster? And who is responsible for managing the performance of the team.

Just as you credit Hagan for the 2001 comp, shouldn't he should the burden of the current performance.

brandell

Juniors
Ok I have really no stance on this but to say if Brown and Smith were supposed to be under pressure what makes Hagan so good.

Anyways I found this on nrl.com

Knights coach Michael Hagan said he knew Johns was in trouble as soon as the former Test star came off.

"When Joey comes off I knew he was in all sorts. He doesn't come off the field for nothing," said Hagan who also lost forward Daniel Abraham (broken leg) for the season today

I would have thought that maybe he might of seen something was wrong when joey was lying on the ground. Or maybe when he got up and was clearly in disneyland. But no it took about 2 minutes after when he got off the field. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mat_parsons

Juniors
CycloneSteve said:
Dont bag Hagan.....if you are gunna bag anyone, give it to the Knights management.

TARGET LOCKED :lol:

It's true. All the crap that's happening comes from the top. Although bit of Ricky Stuart in Hagan wouldnt be bad.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I would have thought that maybe he might of seen something was wrong when joey was lying on the ground. Or maybe when he got up and was clearly in disneyland. But no it took about 2 minutes after when he got off the field.

Would you? I've seen players lay on the ground in games plenty of times. Sometimes they're just reeling, and at other times (and Joey's a master of this)- they're just feigning injury to eat up some time and let their pack rest.

I didn't assume Joey was in dire straits until he left the field. He's tough enough to play on with pain. He played the '97' GF in all sorts of trouble.

OH Man 2001 was nothing I could have been coach and they still would have won it with that playing roster. Lets face it the Knights were running riot it was a Knight Parade the whole season through in my eyes

Latest posts