What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

storm attitude

sooty

Juniors
Sat behind the storm bench at the game last night and couldnt help but notice (and appreciate aka piss myself laughin)at the arrogance of the storm officials and Jeff Lima. The Parra fan base gave it to the storm deluxe (as we are entitled to) They constantly turned around and mocked our fans with obscenities and taunts throughout the early stages of the game. The guy who was providing the cheats with there drinks was the worst offender. However we won out and due to a great performance from the boys we were able to silence them. A great effort from all concerned who sat in that part of the ground. My game day experience last night is one I will never forget. Still laughing thinkin about it now. Was anyone else in that part of the ground?

TheParraboy

Staff member
During the coverage on ch9, one of the commentators mentioned Bellamy was pissed off at his staff (trainers?) for getting sucked into a slanging match, hehe

Glenn

First Grade
Hmmm wonder if the NRL will look into that. Can't have club officials being involved in verbal altercations with supporters. :?

bildo

Juniors
They mentioned that during the TV broadcast. Gawd i wish i could have been there, on such a great night.
I can't believe so few turned up, i thought it would have been a full house if not a ground record.
Good on you guys who did go, you appeared to be in great form.:thumn

Gronk

Staff member
We were quite shocked at the poor turnout. I concede that is was pissing down as we were driving out but by the time that we left the R&C at 6.30pm there was stars in teh sky.

I feel for you guys who had to watch it late on the box, but I assure you that 7k fans roared like it was 14k.

At times I could sense the Storm players felt dejected and that the sledging that they were copping from the crowd was chipping away at their pride.

Both the team and their supporters stood up last night and beat the team of cheaters who (amazingly) still field a side that is both outside the rules of the game and certainly not within the spirit of sportsmanship.

Very proud of them ATM.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Made the drive through the Monsoon from Newcastle and loved every second of it. You could tell we really got under the Storm's skin last night.

bartman

Immortal
I could see something flare up between the Storm bench and the Parra fans behind from across the other side of the ground in the Cronin stand.

Good on you guys for giving it to them (verbally), and once one of the trainers stood up and gave it back, you could tell it just spurred you all on, and we had them in the palm of our hands.

Cheats! :lol:.

strider

Post Whore
in hind sight, I've gotta hand it to the Storm for their attitude actually ... they didn't roll over and go "ah f**k it" when the going got tough last night - and they copped an absolute barrage from every part of that small crowd! :lol: - but to their credit they kept going all game .... our guys played fantastic and beat the storm at their best last night

I can't blame their bench for reacting - and anyone who thinks they are bad for doing it is kidding themselves ... I have no problem with us giving it to them and they have every right to sling some sh*t back .... what do you expect them to just sit there and take all manner of abuse all night and do nothing? ... from what I saw their players were very well behaved in ignoring the crowd's taunts - but it must have been insanely difficult to sit on their bench and take it - the players on the field can get out their aggression, the bench just sits there and cops it

One of the most exciting & enjoyable wins to ever watch!

(I expect it will take all weekend for my voice to come back. The boss is really happy, cause I can't talk & says I should go to the football more often! Sounds good to me! )

Ike E Bear

Juniors
in hind sight, I've gotta hand it to the Storm for their attitude actually ... they didn't roll over and go "ah f**k it" when the going got tough last night - and they copped an absolute barrage from every part of that small crowd! :lol: - but to their credit they kept going all game .... our guys played fantastic and beat the storm at their best last night

I can't blame their bench for reacting - and anyone who thinks they are bad for doing it is kidding themselves ... I have no problem with us giving it to them and they have every right to sling some sh*t back .... what do you expect them to just sit there and take all manner of abuse all night and do nothing? ... from what I saw their players were very well behaved in ignoring the crowd's taunts - but it must have been insanely difficult to sit on their bench and take it - the players on the field can get out their aggression, the bench just sits there and cops it

Very good post.

Parra Guru

Coach
After the game our Celery Cap man was there and the Storm trainers were trying to give it to him, saying that he spelt it wrong..... seriously what a bunch of dumb sh*ts, they couldn't even get the joke.

fish eel

Immortal

I agree, it's all good and just added to the drama of the night.

Good to see some real feeling between two clubs for a change.

Already looking forward to the next time we play them.

Mickyd39

Juniors
Sat behind the storm bench at the game last night and couldnt help but notice (and appreciate aka piss myself laughin)at the arrogance of the storm officials and Jeff Lima. The Parra fan base gave it to the storm deluxe (as we are entitled to) They constantly turned around and mocked our fans with obscenities and taunts throughout the early stages of the game. The guy who was providing the cheats with there drinks was the worst offender. However we won out and due to a great performance from the boys we were able to silence them. A great effort from all concerned who sat in that part of the ground. My game day experience last night is one I will never forget. Still laughing thinkin about it now. Was anyone else in that part of the ground?

I was in that area. it was fantastic.

The RANGA that ran out the water was a joke.

I thought Lima was ok, he was playing along with it.

Great f*cking night. I'm glad i was a part of it.

sooty

Juniors

Jeff Lima as previously stated was also enjoying the banter but gotta say the water man was a jerk who took it way too far. Probably an ex reserve grade winger who couldnt quite cut the mustard and has to settle for his five minutes of fame as a water boy. Jeff lima even grabbed him at one stage and told him to cool it. Great entertainment I must say.

Parra Guru

Coach
It could have been the same bloke that was giving Bean some grief.

Good to see we got under their skin well!!

parra pete

Referee
A crowd less than 8,000. Over the years ' those who were there' will totally more than 25,000.
Bit like the last day of the tied Test between Australia v West Indies in 1961.

Avenger

Immortal
They are merkins but they are a great side. It is so good for the game to have villians like Melbourne.