What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm threaten legal action against NRL

Parra

Referee
Legal action from the Storm is all that has been asked.

Illegal action from the Storm is what has caused the mess.

BackhanderBilly

Juniors
Channel 7 reported that the Melbourne Storm Chairperson, Dr. Rob Moodie, is considering to take the NRL to court over the stripping of the premierships.

What is everyone's thoughts on this?
Why not? Super League showed that justice is not something found in the courts. They may well win.

I do wonder about a man who offers his resignation and when it is "rejected" stays on. If you resign you resign, otherwise it is a hollow gesture. As pointed out in the SMH the guy is either corrupt or incompetent, take your pick!

Let them go to court, who cares, their reputation is beyond salvation.

PS: Long live STC :)

The FULL BOARD OF THE NRL ratified THE ORIGINAL DECISION made by an NRL constituted board. This FULL BOARD comprised members of NEWS LIMITED so how the f**k can they threaten legal action.

If it does go to court WHO IS GOING TO FUND THIS LEGAL ACTION.

Wouldnt it look stupid if it got to court (News taking legal action against themselves) :lol::lol:

LazyDreamer

Bench
On Thursday's news conference, I applauded Moodie for his forthrightness & frankness. I thought it the best think for the code - accept responsibility and the sanctions handed down.

But he does better flips than Choc & Tingha in their prime.

All any potential appeal will do is drag league down further than their cheating already has.

Coupled with underBellamy's "We're the victims" attitude, they're doing themselves & their code no favours.

F*** the Storm. F*** them in their stupid asses.

Storming Norman

Juniors
lol Moodie is a chairman who has know furrrrrking idea what his operations team do, he is not the first nor the last, but he has no leg to stand on, his operations team lead him down the garden path and he did not check what was going on.

Same for many businesses, many chairman like Moodie are clueless.

I would suggets the Storm save thier money.

Well, Answer by the NRL are needed.

1. Who in the NRL started or leeked the bets upto 48 hours beore the announcement? It would been only from two sources NRL and Melbourne Storm Senior Management Team. Seeing that David Gallop has come out as said "He spoke to a lot of people" It need to be investigated.

2. Does the NRL CEO have the authority that affect history and affect the future. The Canterbury situation in 2002 went thru approval of the NRL board before being announced. However now, The NRL CEO has the approval to announce penalities 48 hours before the announcement been made?

3. Why has it taken 5 years for the NRL to get the fat greedy arse off there armchairs?

The Storm fans and NRL fans need answers.

RockWheel

Bench

1. Who in the NRL started or leeked the bets upto 48 hours beore the announcement? It would been only from two sources NRL and Melbourne Storm Senior Management Team. Seeing that David Gallop has come out as said "He spoke to a lot of people" It need to be investigated.

2. Does the NRL CEO have the authority that affect history and affect the future. The Canterbury situation in 2002 went thru approval of the NRL board before being announced. However now, The NRL CEO has the approval to announce penalities 48 hours before the announcement been made?

3. Why has it taken 5 years for the NRL to get the fat greedy arse off there armchairs?

Because Melbourne made sure the NRL didn't find out? Did Melbourne tell the NRL they were cheating, and the NRL did nothing for 5 years? Yeah, that makes sense.

taxidriver

Coach

we need answers blah blah

stupid nrl wank wank

why the f**k should the nrl answer to you cheating merkins?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gaba

First Grade

Where is the proof that is was from someone linked with the nrl and not the storm who leaked it

Why did the storm have 2 set of books , and hide the one with the real payments

So yes the fans needs answers from the storm management

Storming Norman

Juniors
Where is the proof that is was from someone linked with the nrl and not the storm who leaked it

There was only the Board of Management from the Storm and the clause in there contacts that says that family or Friends can't profit from the Betting with or agianst the Storm. They were the only that knew. I work for the Storm

I know the NRL leaked it.

Fui!!!

Juniors
There was only the Board of Management from the Storm and the clause in there contacts that says that family or Friends can't profit from the Betting with or agianst the Storm. They were the only that knew. I work for the Storm

Coulda been Wally.

taxidriver

Coach

is it hard work pushing that hot dog cart around?

Latest posts