What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm

Hollywood

Juniors
With the exception of Brisbane's early season form, looks like the Storm is shaping as our main threat.....

Will be interesting when we run into them, they probably have the attacking game that could breach our defensive brick wall. So many similarities in a way to our game against them last year where we looked second best. How will we handle it this year....

Amazing despite all that has happened, the storm still threaten to be the thorn in our side....looking at their roster apart from their big name players, on paper ud think we would steam role them. Love nothing more than to take them down...will be very interesting to watch!

Still think the Tigers will be a danger to us, but the other danger I predicted, the Raiders, are flopping big time....though watch them fire up against us as per usual.....it's guaranteed they will turn up for that game!

Gaba

First Grade
you look who storm beat
Manly at home
titans at home
bulldogs at home
eels at home

lost to cowboys away

dont think you can really look at the form until they play the dragons

Last edited:

Drew-Sta

Staff member
They beat the Dogs and looked sharp. People kept saying 'They're boring' but frankly, I don't think they are.

They're dangerous.

In saying that, we have the side to stop them.

saints4ever

First Grade
lot can happen between now and then for both sides, atm is shaping up as a titanic showdown. But rnd 24 is 19 weeks away. Lots of potential injuries, suspensions, rep duties to consider

saints4ever

First Grade
simple fact is though, a lot of ppl want to see this game. Simple fact is Melbourne were the premiers last year. Yes they cheated, so they shouldn't have been, but they were. Quite rightly they were not allowed to compete for the premiership and we came home with a wet sail to claim our first in 31 years.

But we beat 15 teams. As hard as it is for some to accept there is an unsaid asterisk next to last years premiership for whoever would have got it, because "they didn't have to beat Melbourne".

Please dont get me wrong, this in no way demeans what we worked so hard to achieve, and we can only play what is put in front of us. But it makes this match even more special.

They will want the win just as badly as we do. It will be our final test to prove we deserve it, and their only chance before the finals to plant a seed of doubt in our minds

theyre good.

helps when you have the best fullback and best hooker and a top 5 halfback.

and a top 3 coach

the rest sorts itself really.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
meh..

lightweights who have been given a favourable draw & many home games to start off with in order to bring melbournians back to the fold...

personally, i think we would have more to fear from this storm:

CharleneMachin2.jpg

KiamaSaint

Coach
simple fact is though, a lot of ppl want to see this game. Simple fact is Melbourne were the premiers last year. Yes they cheated, so they shouldn't have been, but they were. Quite rightly they were not allowed to compete for the premiership and we came home with a wet sail to claim our first in 31 years.

But we beat 15 teams. As hard as it is for some to accept there is an unsaid asterisk next to last years premiership for whoever would have got it, because "they didn't have to beat Melbourne".

Please dont get me wrong, this in no way demeans what we worked so hard to achieve, and we can only play what is put in front of us. But it makes this match even more special.

They will want the win just as badly as we do. It will be our final test to prove we deserve it, and their only chance before the finals to plant a seed of doubt in our minds

I get what you are saying but I don't agree. It puts an asterisk next to their 2009 and 2007 premierships, not ours. They cheated, as simple as that. If we were caught cheating I would feel exactly the same way and there would be one more to add to the Oust Doust gravy train.

saintzrule

Juniors
Muzby, you're posts crack me up [no, I'm not from Newcastle]. The times table earlier on still makes me laugh. Keep it coming:D

big pat

Coach

totally disagree with this, the storm are bloody cheats and don't deserve anything, ask the players who busted their arses against manly and the tigers, then had to put up with the lovey dovey media hacks had for the rorters, also the fact we went to england and beat wigan, and have won 3 games away from home plus one at the scg, one good thing to like about the dragons since the bennett era, is whe they're challenge, they respond and still beat teams, the cheating storm can f**k off as far as i'm concern.:x

Willow

Assistant Moderator
simple fact is though, a lot of ppl want to see this game. Simple fact is Melbourne were the premiers last year.
No they weren't. Not last year, or the year before, or the year before, or the year before that...
saints4ever said:
Yes they cheated
Correct.
saints4ever said:
so they shouldn't have been, but they were.
No, the facts seem to have alluded you again. The Storm were not premiers. Not last year, or the year before, or the year before, or the year before that...
saints4ever said:
Quite rightly they were not allowed to compete for the premiership
I get the insinuation - and there's a "but" coming in your post where you think the Storm would have won if they weren't caught with two (or was it three?) sets of books. That's your opinion. IMO we would have defeated a cheating Storm.
saints4ever said:
and we came home with a wet sail to claim our first in 31 years.
lol. Wet sail? We won the minor premiership, the premiership and the world club trophy, along with every other trophy that was on offer. Grand Final: 32-8. 26-0 in the second half. We killed 'em.
saints4ever said:
As hard as it is for some to accept there is an unsaid asterisk next to last years premiership for whoever would have got it, because "they didn't have to beat Melbourne".
Not in my opinion.

As hard as it is for some to accept it, the Storm cheated and were disqualified.

The asterix things comes from a few opposition supporters who were death riding us. Sore losers are to be expected.

Furthermore, it doesn't matter what the opposition says. Look at the scoreboard.
saints4ever said:

We have nothing to prove to the Storm. They're the ones that need to redeem themselves. It'll be another game and it's there to be won or lost.

We were the best team on (and off) the field all year in 2010. Even with a cheating Storm sooking away in the background.

To summarise: There are no doubts. We won the comp. We're the best.

Cooper-Man

Bench

Totally wrong mate. Who si to say they would have made the eight without all the big names.

They will struggle during origin because their three key men will be out. No smith, cronk or slater will hurt them in origin. That could be the difference.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Simple fact is Melbourne were the premiers last year.

really? i could have sworn i wasn't dreaming when i saw this last year:

http://nospam03.secure-aus.com/uploads/29020/dragons-premiers-podium-team-2010-premiers-logo.jpg

Quite rightly they were not allowed to compete for the premiership and we came home with a wet sail to claim our first in 31 years.

i'm sorry, but that argument holds no water...

yes the storm had a good quality side, but the fact is that side was not eligible to compete in the competition..

it's the same as putting an F1 racer into the V8 supercars competition.. the F1 would win out 9 times out of 10, however it does not comply with the entry requirements for V8 supercars so cannot compete..

or putting usain bolt into the women's 100m sprint.. of course he'd win, but he's not qualified to participate in that race..

to_ddeath

Coach
It just takes a low grub act from a Catai/whoever from another side to knock at least 1 of those "big 3" out for the Drizzle, & it's a much more difficult task for them to be a so-called legitimate force.

T.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Knights / Storm and Tigers are our teams to beat. Roosters may be after revenge for the GF which could be a tricky game but I think the 3 teams mentioned are the goods.

Saints only beat the Knights by the Soward Penalty goal. Was by far their toughest game so far.

InThatNumber

Juniors

Exactly. That "15" includes the Storm in a 16 team comp, so we DID beat 15 teams. Storm got themselves to blame for what happened. Asterisk goes no where near Saints title.

2007 and 2009 however...

Latest posts